Marvel - Toy Fair 09

ransomz

Here are some things the Hasbro reps, who are nice guys, told me about upcoming Marvel lines -

1) There will be about 50 4 inch figures this year.

2) Hasbro will do 6 inch lines for upcoming Marvel movies, though not necessarily for all movies. That decision will be made on a movie by movie basis. I remined the reps that Hasbro had the 12inch Frost Giant molds for Toy Biz/Marvel and they confirmed there were aware.

3) There will be 2 of the 12 inch/4 inch 2-packs this year. Galactus and Silver Surfer were hinted out for next year.

4) There will be 12 Secret Wars 2-packs which will include the Wrecking Crew, amoung others, as well as reprints of the comics.

5) Iron Man and Spider-Man 6 inch lines will contine, though they would not say if or how many new characters will be inlcuded. Just FYI, the pictures shown of the upcoming Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man, while having more familiar color schemes, did not look big and bulky. They looked from the pictures to be of a similiar style as the Iron Mans in the 6 inch line. There was no actual product shown though so we'll have to wait and see.

6) The reps reiterated that they will have an announcement at SDCC for how new Marvel Legends will be coming to us in 2010 without dropping any hints as to how that will be.

Thanks for the info.

Fifty 4-inch figures is a lot. What scares me is I won't be collecting all of them, but I'll still probably get a lot, and that's a lotta dough.

And those Secret Wars packs are all mine, too. I can't wait for those.

Same here. It seems like Hasbro plans to make a lot of the characters that were demanded in 6 inch but not done, like Klaw and the Wrecking Crew. Classic Ultron and Titania could also be done.

If they're doing Klaw, I'd say almost no one's off limits.

And what's great is distribution shouldn't be an issue like it is with DCUC. It might start slow cause of demand like the 25th Ann. G.I. Joes, but with just about every store carrying these they should be plentiful. And I'm sure there's already more retail support than there was at first for G.I. Joe since it's Marvel and most stores carry Iron Man and Spider-Man stuff already.

I'm liking what I've seen of the Universe line so far, though not yet in person, but if they have plans for 50+ characters in only one year, they certainly have my attention!

I really only liked this size for Joes, but if that's the way we're going, then I just have to clear some more shelves! Especially if they're to have the same POA!

I'd always wanted a <Steve Rogers> Captain America to lead the Joes, but I guess you can't have just one!

Yeah, 50 figures. But did they say how many of those 50 figures would be Spidey's, Iron Man's, Torch's, Hulk's & Wolverines?

What scares me is what appears to be Hasbro's fear of producing female figures. So far we have 2 & 1 variant. (2 Ms. Marvels & Firestar)

With the exception of Star Wars, I think Hasbro making some poor decisions with thier lines. I mean the secret wars packs are cool but for each cool new figure there's a Spidey, Wolvie, and Torch. I mean really right out of the gate and there's 3 torch's. C'mon!

What scares me is what appears to be Hasbro's fear of producing female figures. So far we have 2 & 1 variant. (2 Ms. Marvels & Firestar)

There's pics of other female characters in the NYCC and NYTF galleries, Sue Storm was notable amongst them, and there were others.

Yeah, 50 figures. But did they say how many of those 50 figures would be Spidey's, Iron Man's, Torch's, Hulk's & Wolverines?

With the exception of Star Wars, I think Hasbro making some poor decisions with thier lines. I mean the secret wars packs are cool but for each cool new figure there's a Spidey, Wolvie, and Torch. I mean really right out of the gate and there's 3 torch's. C'mon!

This is an unfortunate but necessary part of collecting.

There aren't enough die-hards like ourselves to sustain these lines without re-inserting popular characters. They have to have someone like Spider-Man or Wolverine to grab the attention of the little kids and the parents who buy them.

I'd be more alarmed if Hasbro didn't have them because it wouldn't bode well for the long-term success of the line.

Look at the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes. They did the "Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander" thing over and over, and look how many figures that enabled them to produce in about two years. I'll gladly take multiple Human Torch figures if it means we can get guys like Klaw (Klaw!) in addition.

What I'd like is if they could be more original about it ...

Sure give us wolverine in the brown outfit but make it the dark avengers version daken with the tats & two claws ect .. Give us ms marvel but again ... DA version...

Torch but one of the invaders torches rather than the FF

If they can throw nice little twists like that in :D Its not like retailers will notice the difference or even know the difference for the most part. Honestly what I am hoping for most out of anything with this little line is for them to actually finish off & do complete teams/outfits ect that they start ...

I really don't mind the multiple versions of these guys, as long as they are real versions.

3 Torches so far, sure.. but one is Johnny Storm, and one is the new version.... The Secret Wars 2-pack one is the classic, so I don't mind that at all.

I DO mind the multiple versions in the 25th Joe line, because they are nonsense repaints.... repaints for the sake of being a repaint, and not true versions of the characters

I really don't mind the multiple versions of these guys, as long as they are real versions.

3 Torches so far, sure.. but one is Johnny Storm, and one is the new version.... The Secret Wars 2-pack one is the classic, so I don't mind that at all.

I DO mind the multiple versions in the 25th Joe line, because they are nonsense repaints.... repaints for the sake of being a repaint, and not true versions of the characters

I agree. Hasbro went overboard in the 25th Joe line, but they're starting OK with MU. My fear is that they'll get just as bad with MU, though, because it's going to be just as popular of a line and they'll want to cash in as much as possible.

And I'll echo synch's statement that they ought to finish teams they start. It's annoying to get five of six members or six of eight members of teams.

Incidently, there was another Torch shown at the Hasbro presentation at Toy Fair. There will be an Invaders 3 pack coming out later this year - Cap, green trunks Namor and the original Human Torch. This is for the 3 3/4 line, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

im really looking forward to seeing some new six inchers :) they really seem to be pushing the 3-3/4 scale too.

im really looking forward to seeing some new six inchers :) they really seem to be pushing the 3-3/4 scale too.

uhhh, wait....im talking bout action figures here @hmmm@