Toy Fair 2009: Clone Wars Deluxe Y-Wing

Wheeljack35

I wonder why its so expensive?

I want it though

Hell I found a way to get the Imperial Shuttle for $60 a few years back I can find a way to get this

Looks more like a $40-45 thing to me personally I won't be buying it :S

Man I hope they put out that freakn imperial shutte again though this time not a exclusive I missed out on that one I'm still mad at my self ... Its like ... one of the one shipps that I really want to have from the starwars line @loll@

its hasbro though so yknow ... sooner or latter ..

I'd pay $60 for an Imperial Shuttle. I wish I would have paid $24 when it was on clearance years ago.

Speaking of things years ago, the X-Wing that I bought seven years ago was $40. It had the ship, an R2-D2 and some survival supplies. It was basically a new mold even though it was based on the Power/FX version. I thought it was a good price then.

Now the X-Wing is out on it's 4th or 5th run but it comes with a droid, Wedge, ladders and I hear carries a $50 price tag. Old mold but comes with more stuff that I want. Not a bad price.

So the Y-Wing has a $60 so I'm kind of hoping that it is larger than the old one (it doesn't have to be in contrast between the 1970's X-Wing to the new one, but a little bigger would be nice). I saw in some other photos that it looks to have some firing missiles... which is fine since it's a Clone Wars toy. But it would be nice if there was an added goody like the X-Wing has had in the past.

I pointed it out at Jedi Insider, but I'll say the same here - this has to be at least a little wider and longer than the original Y-wing toy. If you just look at the main cockpit, it's a longer opening than the old one, then double that for the rear, gunner compartment. Plus, to get the lines to work out, the pylons had to be lengthened as well.

It may only work out to an inch or two in each direction, but I think 60 is an ok price tag for a completely new vehicle. I'm glad they made it.