Toy Fair 2009:Classic G.I. Joe & Cobra 7-packs!!!

JoeRhyno

Recondo's head reminds me more of Ambush, but i can alter that a little :)

I for some reason don't like wet-suit's head. I just don't like it, not sure why, i'll probably Use a modified JVC wave 1 head and change that one too :)

count me among those who approve of Chuckles's color change. I prefer it toned down, but i do hate those hands :(

The cobra's are the loosers for me, i want 4-5 nightcreepers maybe 1 bat, but none of the others :( So i might end up getting one pack and trying to trade around.

It's a real shame that we aren't getting more classic figs... then again i'm in college again and poor so those of you have been there understand.

LMK what you want for them!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and Recondo should have flint arms. Otherwise perfect.

The problem with Flint arms seems to be they always get gloves. Hasbro needs some new bare hands to use.

I'd handle gloves on him. I don't know about the real jungle, but i know on the back of my farm there are times i'm weeding through briars and crap and wouldn't mind a pair.

I agree with everyone on wetsuits head, i think it'd be cool if they did one resembling how he looked in the cartoon with no helmet on, but you know the original didnt even have a removable helmet, so I guess its a trade off.

great point. I forgot that, so it's an improvment but not all the way. My first ever wet-suit was the JVC one so i'm really partial to that bare head.

I for some reason don't like wet-suit's head. I just don't like it, not sure why, i'll probably Use a modified JVC wave 1 head and change that one too :)

count me among those who approve of Chuckles's color change. I prefer it toned down, but i do hate those hands :(

The cobra's are the loosers for me, i want 4-5 nightcreepers maybe 1 bat, but none of the others :( So i might end up getting one pack and trying to trade around.

It's a real shame that we aren't getting more classic figs... then again i'm in college again and poor so those of you have been there understand.

NIGHTCREEPRS lol.

NIGHTCREEPRS lol.

We can arange that PM me if you're serious.

NIGHTCREEPRS lol.

We can arange that PM me if you're serious.

as soon as I get a set you've got dibs. I've even wrote it down :)

The alley viper looks nice but it needs to be darker, i don't want orange on my vipers, i don't care if the original did or not. I also already have a mindbender custom in the works, the original figs are nice, but some of them need updates!

Why all the hate for the night force Chuckles? I'm guessing that Hasbro realized collectors would prefer to get the orignal shirt colours on a single carded figure, no?

I think both packs are awesome. #US1#

Why you are so sure?

Movie figures are coming so is possible that 25th figures RAH like must be in hiatus for some time since hasbro is doing exposure for the new movie toys...

I thought Hasbro had already stated that we will still get 25th style classic figs with the movie line.

Do you really think Hasbro will miss the opportunity for such an obvious repaint option?

That Joe pack is great. It pretty much consists of just about every Joe I've been waiting for. The whole Rip Cord name thing is kind of stupid, but it's just a name. A few details are odd, like Zap's mustache not present, Chuckles shirt being a bit dark, and some missing accessories I'm sure are still being finalized.

The Cobra pack is pretty good, but there are a few I'd rather see instead. Mindbender has been long overdue, but the BAT has been done too many times now. Night Creeper is pretty lame considering there are already a half-dozen ninja figures. I'd rather have a Techno Viper or Moto Viper instead.

I'm glad there are still some figures to look forward too since I'm not going to bother with much of the movie stuff.

Why all the hate for the night force Chuckles? I'm guessing that Hasbro realized collectors would prefer to get the orignal shirt colours on a single carded figure, no?

I think both packs are awesome. #US1#

Why you are so sure?

Movie figures are coming so is possible that 25th figures RAH like must be in hiatus for some time since hasbro is doing exposure for the new movie toys...

I thought Hasbro had already stated that we will still get 25th style classic figs with the movie line.

Do you really think Hasbro will miss the opportunity for such an obvious repaint option?

they might, but it will be awhile. The 25th style figs are the movie figs! repaints will make characters movie like. maybe after the movie we will see a bright chuckles.

The only letdown is no Low-Light. :(

I'm with ya there. Low-Lite is one of my favorites.

I agree with everyone on wetsuits head, i think it'd be cool if they did one resembling how he looked in the cartoon with no helmet on, but you know the original didnt even have a removable helmet, so I guess its a trade off.

great point. I forgot that, so it's an improvment but not all the way. My first ever wet-suit was the JVC one so i'm really partial to that bare head.

I don't mind the scuba hood, but the first thing I'm going to try is to switch his head with one of my green shirts from the TRU pack, maybe do a little repaint.

No, Hasbro said "The 25th style will continue into the movie line" which was referring to the body style and basic design of the figures.

There will be repaints of 25A figures in the movie line (we've already seen a few), but generally they'll be repainted and/or re-accessorized to become "movie-verse" versions (and seem to be getting used primarily as vehicle drivers for vehicles that probably aren't in the movie). We're not likely to see, for example, a "classic" Low Light show up in the movie line on a single card.

I'm curious...are these going to be online exclusives only? Like the Snow and Desert packs?

That seems to be the most likely outlet. I really, really doubt these will see major retailer shelves considering there's no product at that size and pricepoint already out there.

I'm curious...are these going to be online exclusives only? Like the Snow and Desert packs?

That seems to be the most likely outlet. I really, really doubt these will see major retailer shelves considering there's no product at that size and pricepoint already out there.

that does make sense.. However, it seems to me that Hasbro put too much work into them for just an online release.. I mean they retooled and added new parts to these guys.. some have entirely new parts (lower legs, etc)..

I don't think Hasbro would invest that much in an online item.. they would lose out on alot of money... especially since ALL of these characters are highly desired by fans.

I mean, online items just aren't big sellers.. You pretty much doom an item from the get go by making it online only.

for example, I have every Marvel Mighty Mugg, but I never orderd Thanos and Red Skull... I love them, but I just haven't got around to getting them... whereas, if I saw them on the shelf, I would have bought them in a heartbeat.

Same with the desert and arctic 7-packs.. I didn't order them, but if I saw them on the shelf, I would have grabbed multiples by now.

Same with the Hall of Heroes figures.. I doubt I will even get them if I have to order them.. but if I had them in my hands in the store, I wouldn't be able to pass them up.

I hope these aren't online only... that would suck ass

It may simply be a matter of Hasbro just trying to recoup what they can on the molds after retailers refused to stock further waves of single-card figures before the movie. That, and trying to appease some of the adult fans, in which case it's a very nice gesture, as they could not be putting out these figures at all. Plus, despite some new tooling, there's plenty of reused/kitbashed tooling as well.

Think of it as something similar to the DTC Joe line...Hasbro had already gone to the expense of tooling and producing the figures, but nobody (retailer-wise) was buying and the line went in a new direction. Hasbro tried to regain their losses by offering them online.

We might very well end up with all/most of these figures on single-cards after the movie, too. Maybe with slightly different accessories/deco, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Remember, Hasbro debuted some new molding in the Hostile Environment packs, too, though it was eventually used in other places.

Wow! This Assault on Cobra Island 7 pack is one of the best things Hasbro has put together yet for this line. I can't believe there's finally a multipack where I'm not holding my nose over a few of the inclusions in the set. Usually there's at least some unwanted version of Duke or Snake-Eyes I have to choke down in order to get the characters I REALLY want! Not the case here! Here are some thoughts...

1. Outback: I love the addition of the vest. It turns OB from a hippie on a camping trip into a REAL soldier.

2. Recondo: Like a few others in this set, I hope they don't skimp on his accessories. He's a good looking figure so far.

3. Zap: WHEW! I always worry about the Original 13. Hasbro really seems to skimp when it comes to these guys. So far though, Zap seems to deliver. I'm very interested in his bazooka. If Hasbro fails me again with the accessories, I'm off to Marauder once again! I hope that's his backpack that I see peeking over his shoulder.

4. Chuckles: Good God...Chuckles! Let me say that I ABSOLUTELY HATE Chuckles. To me, he perfectly symbolizes GI Joe as having jumped the shark in the later 80's. Why do they need Magnum PI on the Joe team? Having said this ...and as much of a purist as I can be... I dig this Chuckles. I prefer the muted colors and actually has a bit of a military feel about him. I welcome this Chuckles into the ranks of my Joe Team. I still hate his name though...

5. HItnRun: This guy's been on my wish list for a while. I'm a little bit disappointed that he's largely a repainted Airborne but I loved Airborne so I'm going to love this guy.

6. Wetsuit: Like Recondo, this guy's success is going to depend on his accessories. If properly outfitted, he could be one of their strongest figures.

7. Altitude: I don't get his story. Is he Altitude? Or is he Ripcord? Either way, this guy also will hinge on his accessories.

Overall, this could be a great way to cap off the 25th Anniversary line. Yeah. I'm sorry we never got Low Light, Footloose, and a proper CoverGirl, but we are getting a lot here to be happy about.

The Cobra set is good too.

its nice to see everyone get so pumped about these sets, they are awesome and thank Hasbro for this one!! and hey man I am with you on Chuckles, when I was a kid up til now I never understood this guy but I do like this one and am looking forward to seeing them all with their gear, especially the Range Viper and his skull helmet!!

I hope those 7 packs are similar to the new 5 packs!

Yesterday I found in Walmart the Cobra and Gi Joe 5 packs!

I like a lot the arts on it, no need of single packs with arts like that ones... All the figures came with accesories on it.

The Cobra pack comes with Storm Shados, Baroness, Cobra Commander, Zartan and Viper and the Joe pack comes with Sneak Eyes, Lady Jaye, Hawk, Flint and Shipwreck.

I am excited about these two sets. What really disappoint me are the Duke arms on Recondo. Come on Hasbro, get it right. This is the Flint argument all over again. The hair is light brown when in the original figures and characters it was darker. I am afraid to see the hat on him with a head like that. The rest of the figures are pretty cool in the Joe set but I am little nervous about what there accessories will look like. So far, I am really starting to wonder if I am going to continue collecting these figures.

It will just be Wild Bill's hat anyway....

Outback: Looks great. At first, I didn't l ike the vest, but it works better than the original. Outback is pretty ironic, given the way they do the gear now. I hope the flashlight is removable.

Recondo: Seems kinda...bland. Why no camo patterns on this torso/arms? I hope I'm wrong about him just having Wild Bill's hat....

Zap: I kinda think they shoulda gone with the mustache (kinda like the way they gave Short-Fuze the shades), but he looks great. too bad Short-Fuze got the shaft by comparison. What is with that waist though? Another joint?

Chuckles: I hope the gun comes out of the holster.... That will be the biggest disapointment. It was kinda funny reading the complaints about his shirt color. I don't mind it. Gung-Ho, for example, didn't have the same colors as his original, and I didn't notice complaints about that.

Hit & Run: Hard to tell, since the figure is so darkly colored. Doesn't look bad. I think the goggles are removable from the helmet.

Wet Suit: A little disapointing. Would it have been difficult to do short sleeves? I hope his gear is "accurate".

Ripcord "Spc. Altitude": This one is just weird. I had a feeling we'd be seeing the real Ripcord, but why did they bother? IF this IS an interent exclusive, it wouldn't affect the kids that much so there really wouldn't be THAT much confusion over the movie version Ripcord.

Dr. Mindbender: Looks good. No complaints (well, beyond the originals).

Range Viper: Not "grundgy" enough. He looks like he's going skiing. The gear will help.

Alley Viper: He's going skiing with the Range Viper. I think the knife sheath is empty (the one on his left chest). The detail is pretty amazing (look at the zipper). Makes me wonder if these figures are real.

Lamprey: I like it. I wonder if he has a backpack back there for those hoses.

B.A.T.: You know, I'm already sick of the B.A.T. The first one was disappointing since NONE of mine had arms that fit snuggly on the posts. This just seems more like an "extra head" they coulda thrown in with either the original or the one on in the DVD set.

Night Creeper: Now THAT is nice.

Strato-Viper: I wonder why they didn't use this one with the Raven?

With any luck, the gear for these guys, if they ARE real, will be accurate. I mean the Alley Viper and Hit & Run, for example, came with some pretty unique equpment. I hope we don't just see some generic gear thrown in.

These are freekin sweet baby!! Love 'em!! Some of the best use of existing parts Ive seen, and hey is that SPC Altitude really Ripcord? I know theres a figure called Altitude from the late '80's, but does Hasbro not have the rights to Ripcord anymore, they're using it the movie?

I think the accepted explanation is that they didn't name him Ripcord because they didn't want new fans confused between him and the Ripcord from the new movie, so they gave him a different name. Doesn't matter though, as he'll still be Ripcord to me. :)

Well then why the hell bother with that character? Doesn't make a lot of sense. There were PLENTY of characters they could do (I've seen lots of clamoring for Low-Light, for example). Hell, why NOT Sky Patrol Altitude or Major Altitude?

How about Leatherneck and Falcon in correct colors with fixed arms?

that does make sense.. However, it seems to me that Hasbro put too much work into them for just an online release.. I mean they retooled and added new parts to these guys.. some have entirely new parts (lower legs, etc)..

I hope these aren't online only... that would suck ass

They did the same thing with DTC wave 4 (Airtight, et al). What made those worse is they weren't even online only, they were CONVENTION only.

These are freekin sweet baby!! Love 'em!! Some of the best use of existing parts Ive seen, and hey is that SPC Altitude really Ripcord? I know theres a figure called Altitude from the late '80's, but does Hasbro not have the rights to Ripcord anymore, they're using it the movie?

I think the accepted explanation is that they didn't name him Ripcord because they didn't want new fans confused between him and the Ripcord from the new movie, so they gave him a different name. Doesn't matter though, as he'll still be Ripcord to me. :)

Well then why the hell bother with that character? Doesn't make a lot of sense. There were PLENTY of characters they could do (I've seen lots of clamoring for Low-Light, for example). Hell, why NOT Sky Patrol Altitude or Major Altitude?

How about Leatherneck and Falcon in correct colors with fixed arms?

I actually am glad to see Ripcord, the original Ripcord getting released. He may not have had a big role in the Cartoon but he did have some significant roles in the comic and was a great figure. I would have prefered Low-Light or a Green Camo Leatherneck over say the Range Viper or another BAT. I also hope they end up giving Zap a mustache.