Toy Fair 2009:Classic G.I. Joe & Cobra 7-packs!!!

JoeRhyno

For me the COBRA set is the loser there; I want Mindbender but the rest of them I really don't care about, as they were a bit past my Joe heyday.

The BAT and Strato-Viper were from the same year as Mindbender, and the Lamprey was from the year before... ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell happened with Chuckles T-Shirt?

Where are the flowers on it? I want his t-shirt as colorfull as the orginal! too dark for how he was to look.

chuckles.jpg

Other than that, the figures looks fantastic!!!!

Yeah, they apparently thought the original was too bright and garish, yet they didn't seem to mind redoing the Alley Viper in ORANGE??? @hmmm@ Hell, I hated the first one because of the color scheme, but if they're honoring the classic's, I'd understand, but them WHY the minor update for Chuckles? See what I mean?

for the most part, I like these two sets. I would MUCH rather have had them on single cards.. and if they release them later on (like Tripwire, I will be sure to scoop them up).. they are losing money by not putting them on single cards.

Also, these guys BETTER have all their accessories that they need.

The Joes:

Outback - I really like him. He doesn't need the vest, but it doesn't hurt. Great job Hasbro

Recondo - Oops. He has Duke arms! We know Hasbro has the short sleeves that he needs. Also, Recondo doesn't look good with the high boots. Silly mistakes Hasbro.

Zap - looks good..... looks like OBAMA too!

Chuckles - oops again... That is the wrong shirt Hasbro. And he also looks odd with the high boots.

Hit n Run - looks good again to me. I know he is almost all Airborne, but it works.

Wetsuit - NO! Bad Hasbro! You go and try again with him, because that aint Wetsuite at all. Bad job.

RIPCORD - ah, the true Ripcord... and he looks great. He needs all his gear, but good job.

So 4 good ones, 3 bad ones.

The Cobras:

Dr. Mindbender - looks fantastic. Sure he is missing some trim, like his purple wrist bands and the silver on his boots, but it's okay.

Range Viper - he looks really stripped down. I will have to see him with his gear on to make a judgement. he better have his ammo bandolier and his helmet.

Alley Viper - WOW. that is really good. I don't even mind the different boots. Just give him all his gear, and he is a definite winner.

Lampreys - uh oh.. the first miss here. I don't think that the Snowjob body works. He would have been better with Torpedo's lower legs and arms. The vest isn't right either.

BAT - well.. uh.. I don't care for battle-damaged figures.. so it's a miss for me.

Night Creeper - great job. He is great.

Strato Viper - another win. New lower legs even. that's showing the effort Hasbro. great job.

6 out of 7 winners for me. Good job.

All in all, I have to say I am impressed by the mix of reused parts and new ones where needed. I will definitely grab both of these, multiples (x5 ???) of the Cobras.

Jeez, can't anyone just be happy we're getting the figures we've all been clamoring for for such a long time? So what if they aren't exactly like the ones you had when you were a kid? You get the figure, get some Testors and a brush, and fix the damn thing!

On a more personal note...HIT & RUN baby! Thank you Hasbro! You finally came through. Outback, Zap, and Chuckles also look great.

Why all the hate for the night force Chuckles? I'm guessing that Hasbro realized collectors would prefer to get the orignal shirt colours on a single carded figure, no?

I think both packs are awesome. #US1#

Why you are so sure?

Movie figures are coming so is possible that 25th figures RAH like must be in hiatus for some time since hasbro is doing exposure for the new movie toys...

Wetsuit - NO! Bad Hasbro! You go and try again with him, because that aint Wetsuite at all. Bad job.

What's wrong with Wetsuit?

If they do a good job with his dive helm, I think he'll look great. Granted, he doesn't have his short sleeves or knee high boots...I still think he looks better than Hit & Run though.

It's nice to see more of the '86 lineup either way. Now we just need Dial-Tone, Zandar, Zarana, Lifeline, Monkeywrench, Sci-Fi and Low-Light from the '86 class, and I'll be happy. :) I could care less if we ever get an Iceberg update, as he was probably one of the lamest Joes to come out of the glory years IMO.

I'm still really happy that they're giving us some awesome troop builders from the later years, like Alley Viper, Range Viper and Night Creeper. Didn't see the latter two coming at all. Now we need HEAT Viper and Night Viper, and I'll be completely happy. ;)

These are freekin sweet baby!! Love 'em!! Some of the best use of existing parts Ive seen, and hey is that SPC Altitude really Ripcord? I know theres a figure called Altitude from the late '80's, but does Hasbro not have the rights to Ripcord anymore, they're using it the movie?

I think the accepted explanation is that they didn't name him Ripcord because they didn't want new fans confused between him and the Ripcord from the new movie, so they gave him a different name. Doesn't matter though, as he'll still be Ripcord to me. :)

I know.Hisstank.com did a poll as which Joe feature people want to see.A large majority said Resolute.I will be pissed if they Cancel the Stinger.If that happens screw the GI Joe line.I would have liked Zap and some of these on single cards myself.I figured the movie would keep the last remaining stuff from seeing production.

I'm curious...are these going to be online exclusives only? Like the Snow and Desert packs?

I would have liked Zap and some of these on single cards myself.

Fortunatley I am one of those crazy loose figure collectors. I feel sorry for the MOC guys, that want they're collection to be complete. Personally I don't give a flying fig (Get it? Get it?) what packaging it somes in so long as I get it!

Some of you guys are disapointed in the packaging coming out, me, I'm please as a pig in sh*t I want every single figure in those packs and it'll probably be cheaper than buying those seven figures individually.

Win - win for me!

As I think about these two set more this is the first time since the first two 25th 5 packs that a multipack has been introduced and I wanted every single figure. The exception being the occasional comic pack.

I think they all look great I can't freakin' wait for these! @bounce@

Yeah, they apparently thought the original was too bright and garish, yet they didn't seem to mind redoing the Alley Viper in ORANGE??? @hmmm@ Hell, I hated the first one because of the color scheme, but if they're honoring the classic's, I'd understand, but them WHY the minor update for Chuckles? See what I mean?

They redid Chuckles to match how he's going to look in the new Comic.

Don't know why, but hey, I like him.

To me, the only problem with the sets is not seeing the gear yet (we will soon) and Recondo should have flint arms. Otherwise perfect.

@can@

These are looking so awesome, they even brought a tear to my eye. I can't wait. I am so dieing to see them all decked out with accesories and the missing helmets.

As far as the movie stuff goes, I think i threw up a little in my mouth. Shipwreck looks decent. I think all the accessories are hasbros way of trying to justify raising the prices. For a new movie, it sure is funny seeing so many things redone like the vehicles. Why no love for the skystriker STILL? Also, looks like hasbro is resurrecting sigma 6 with those battlers, the storm shadow doesn't look half bad, just needs a trim on the jacket thing. As for those roller vehicles, they look like happy meal toys.

I'll pick up these sets, even though I've seen better customs of Wetsuit, Hit & Run and Recondo. Glad to see Mindbender and Chuckles though!

Recondo's head reminds me more of Ambush, but i can alter that a little :)

I for some reason don't like wet-suit's head. I just don't like it, not sure why, i'll probably Use a modified JVC wave 1 head and change that one too :)

count me among those who approve of Chuckles's color change. I prefer it toned down, but i do hate those hands :(

The cobra's are the loosers for me, i want 4-5 nightcreepers maybe 1 bat, but none of the others :( So i might end up getting one pack and trying to trade around.

It's a real shame that we aren't getting more classic figs... then again i'm in college again and poor so those of you have been there understand.