Hot Wheels 1/50 Star Trek Ships

JayC

Oooh, these look interesting.

But there's no way in Hades these are 1/50th scale--they'd each be bigger than my house!

1/500th or 1/5000th scale would be more accurate

Right on! And I was going to mention they probably won't be in scale to each other, but you take the cake with that one!

Here we go again...

I've always wanted a nice collection of Star Trek ships. I've been on board for a few of these going back to Galoob's micro machines. These were notable for the sheer amount of ships that were done. Not only did you get every single Enterprise (with the exception of the NX-01 which did not exist at the time) but you also got a number of lower tier appeared-only-once alien ships! I was there for most of Furuta and most recently, the Johnny Lightning collection.

Now it looks like I'll be starting again. The real fun of course in a collection like this is when we move past the obvious choices the Enterprises 1701, A, D, etc, and move into the less frequently seen vessels such as the Akira, the Steamrunner, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I liked on EE and they are 14.99.So,they may be a little bigger then a standard Hotwheels.They only have the scale on the actual measurement of the ships.I so want the Reliant.

I want to say the 'standard' for Hot Wheels and Matchbox is 1/64 scale. That sticks in my head for some reason. If that's the case, then yes, the ships would be somewhat larger than a regular car. But then, in this case as pointed out, scale is relative.

• 2 months later...

So i just bought one of the hot wheels star trek die cast ships, and I have to say with much enthusiasm, what a piece of crap. The only "die cast" part on this model is the lower hull of the ship. The rest is made of that rubbery, bendy, plastic stuff. When you first undo the ties holding it in and pull it out of the box it feels like it's going to fall apart in your hands. When you look at mine head on the saucer section is bent to the left so bad that you cant even see the right warp nacelle. If they would have constructed more of it out of die cast or even hard plastic i dont think this would have happened.

On the other hand the details painted on the ship were pretty good. if it was just built better I would have been happy.

I would rate it at about a 4 out of 10. The Johnny Lightening run of ships was by far much, much better.