Has DC Universe Classics surpassed all other comic toy lines??

Lady Jaye

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible to say that DCUC has or has not surpassed "all" other toy lines.

Since DCUC is currently being produced, I don't know if I can say how successful it is/will be until the line is over. And, believe me, I don't want it to be over. I love this line and I want it to be successful and I'd love for it to surpass all the other lines.

If Mattel continues to improve their distribution and quality control issues, and if they continue to make such fun decisions about the variety of characters, I think there is the potential for this line to be one of the best Super Hero lines ever.

I love the fact that the DCUC/DCSH lines are (mostly) compatible with the DCDirect line. My DC Collection grows every week with additions from either DCDirect or Mattel, and I couldn't be happier.

For me, the addition of a new character, one that has never been made as a action figure before, is a real thrill. I'm looking forward to Vigilante, Guardian, Chemo and Gentleman Ghost for that very reason.

For me, the addition of a new character, one that has never been made as a action figure before, is a real thrill. I'm looking forward to Vigilante, Guardian, Chemo and Gentleman Ghost for that very reason.

yes, sir! i fel the exact same way.

To be honest, Marvel Legends let me down in a big way by never producing figures I really wanted to see, ie Guardian, some of the other Marauders, and the entire Jim Lee lineup of the X-Men!!! Getting them via the kiddy line didn;t cut it for me!!!

This is why DC would surpass Legends, if they continue to release figures that we never thought we'd see in action figure form!! Both popular figures and especially thrid tier figures!!! If they release Hawk, Dove, Wild Dog, and the rest of the Super Friends and Legion of Doom, then for me, they have surpased all other Superhero lines!!!

However on that note, this thread is only dealing with superhero lines!! No matter what they do, they can never surpass the greatest action figure toy line of all time, GI*JOE A Real American Hero!!! Different time and era, nothing like that will ever bee seen again!!! Sadly

You know, gotta rememberToy Biz's large X men line that also gave us figures that came out of nowhere!! That line is where we got Guardian, Shatterstar, Ch'od, and so many others!!! Had Marvel Legends been able to release as many figures as they did with their previous line....hmmm

No. DCUC has not surpassed jack squat. The figures break easily, suffer from weak angles, a crappy character selection and worst of all poor distribution. The toybiz marvel legends was the best superhero line ever made.

and ML never had this problem? half of the TBMLs cant seven stand on there own due to weak ankles! crappy selection? what?, like the entire DC universe? you dont call 13 wolvys and 20 ironmen a crappy selection? ML didnt even cover half of their universe! you sound silly, JRv2

No. DCUC has not surpassed jack squat. The figures break easily, suffer from weak angles, a crappy character selection and worst of all poor distribution. The toybiz marvel legends was the best superhero line ever made.

and ML never had this problem? half of the TBMLs cant seven stand on there own due to weak ankles! crappy selection? what?, like the entire DC universe? you dont call 13 wolvys and 20 ironmen a crappy selection? ML didnt even cover half of their universe! you sound silly, JRv2

Fair enough. just my opinion. These dont have the appeal of the MLs. Those made me want to buy characters I dont care about. Since in the DC world I only like Batman (and watchmen) these arent as nice

Here we go again!

The whole point of this thread is to discuss!!! I mean if you have no opinion, then why come into this thread!!

Of course there's going to be people that can't see past their own geekdom!! It's a part of who we are as collectors, we favor the brands we like, and think all others suck!!! I loved Legends when they came out, but there were many problems with them I gotta admit!! Were they perfect, no, but they are the benchmark that modern superhero lines will always be compared to, and their ideas that they developed have been incorporated in many a line!!!

I really want to see what the surprise is at SDCC, I don't think it's just a figure, it's going to be something grand!!!

Jus like pooda said, TBML weren´t the definition of tight joints. Crappy character selection has more to do with DC as a company and what they´ve come up with. Distribution? Same problems with ML6, and some other´s i can´t remember at the moment.

You can even toss in QC issues, and i guess TB would still fail in that department. :)

seriously how can people complain about the DC distribution in the same breath that they praise Legends, every single time a ML series came out there was a deafening cry of "toybiz distribution sucks i can't find any of the figures"

l agree cause I remember how awful it was to get ml wave 6-8

I found most of wave 6 and used ebay to get Phoenix. My brother was lucky in getting Deadpool at retail, though

For wave 8, my siblings and l have lucked out when we went to TRU and found them just restockin them. We happen to have enough money to buy the ones we don't have. The day after, they were gone

For wave 7, I bought the ones that werent peg warmers loose from TNI after a year they were out.

• 2 months later...

Well with 2 completely different threads that take the complete opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to DCUC, guess I should ask once again, has this line finally surpassed all other Toy Lines??? If yes, why, if not same question!! If not, how close???