where is the BATMOBIL?

shokker

i mean come on, dcuc seems to be a hit. no? so were is the batmobil? it is not fair that those (for me ugly looking) batman brave and the bolt will get a batmobil before the dcuc. we even got a movie masters batpod and where is the thumbler? isnt that a possibility for mattycollectors.com?

I guess my question would be, which Barmobile would we get??? I would love to get the classic side by side version that came out in the Super Powers line, classic but updated from the 60's version!!! Others would want a version reminiscent of the Animated Series one!!! I think that would be the biggest question for Mattel and the Horsemen!!! But I would get one in a hearbeat, especially at proper scale!! Sell it through Matty, pre-sale it if you have to!!!

If its sold through Mattycollector, would you be willing to pay $75 to $100 for one?

Because that is what it would cost, even as a kit, with such a limited on-line market.

That and there is no Batman or Robin figure that would work with such a vehicle, because all the capes are molded parts.

Well then maybe we would get our chance to see a soft goods Batman and Robin!! That would be icing on the proverbial cake!! And if done right, I just may pay that much!!! Hell people pay the same for a nicely done 12 inch figure, why not???

Well then maybe we would get our chance to see a soft goods Batman and Robin!! That would be icing on the proverbial cake!! And if done right, I just may pay that much!!! Hell people pay the same for a nicely done 12 inch figure, why not???

The thing is, are the collectors of this line the same folks as those collecting 12" figures?

I don't think so.

The Sixth Scale hobby is a pretty small niche these days, and its a safe bet that 1/12th ( Doll House)scale collectors outnumber them by ( I'd guess) at least 2 to 1.

And toy collectors across the board are notorious for being cheap.

That's the thing with an item like this........are the folks interested in a toy like this, perhaps sold exclusively on-line, also the same folks buying toys like the $100-$150 Milliennium Falcon playset at that price point? Or are they amongst the crowd that gleefully waited until they went on discount?

It has been said before........toys being marked down on discount have failed at retail. They have not sold enough in the frame of time expected and retailers are clearing them to make room for other goods. When we see discounts, its a bad thing for future toy concepts, and its a WORSE thing then we see collectors proudly crowing they just bought a $100 for $13 or something like that. Retailers make note of the volume of sales of items like that, and it reflects upon the decisions to make items like a Batmobile.

Many thrifty collectors are simply inadvertently contributing to the problem here.

i atleast would be happy to get one. the one batmobil i would love is the one from the new game arkham asylum. this looks kind of cool. i would give over 100 for it if it is an online exclusive. they put more efforts to it then for the regular market and rumors go that mattel is planning the ecto-1 car for the ghostbusters line. so? bring it on. is the badpod a seller or is it resting on the shelfs in the states?

I'd like to see one as well but here comes the biggest problem with haveing hard plastic caps. they would have to damn near lay down in the batmobile. Which is another reason i wanted cloth caps. but i'd still love to see one.

And as far as which one the super powers is the logical choich but the keaton batmobile IMO is the beat one but the cartoon one was a close 2nd.

I'd like to see one as well but here comes the biggest problem with haveing hard plastic caps. they would have to damn near lay down in the batmobile. Which is another reason i wanted cloth caps. but i'd still love to see one.

And as far as which one the super powers is the logical choich but the keaton batmobile IMO is the beat one but the cartoon one was a close 2nd.

Personally, I'm holding out TB&TB Batmobile. But I think if Mattel ever did make a new 6"-scale Batmobile, they just as well design one from the keel up: there've been so many different Batmobiles in the comics that I don't think it'd be right to just stick with one such design - personally, I'd "mix-and-match" elements of past and modern versions and then create a new design from that.

Oh, and package it with a cloth-caped Batman figure.

I think this one is six inch scale, although I think the current Batman and Robin in the DCUC line are a bit bulkier than the Batman line figures. I never got this one but have been considering getting one off ebay. I believe it was also sculpted by the Four Horsmen.

I think this one is six inch scale, although I think the current Batman and Robin in the DCUC line are a bit bulkier than the Batman line figures. I never got this one but have been considering getting one off ebay. I believe it was also sculpted by the Four Horsmen.

i could never get this one. it reminded me too much of batman and robin. i am not a fan of openroof batmobil but it was a start.

The two best Batmobiles were open roofed. The Barris Batmobile (TV show) and the 80's Batmoble.(Super Powers) While the Mattel batmobile my be huge I think the real problem I had with it is there's no windsheild. If that had a windshield it would be much better.

The two best Batmobiles were open roofed. The Barris Batmobile (TV show) and the 80's Batmoble.(Super Powers) While the Mattel batmobile my be huge I think the real problem I had with it is there's no windsheild. If that had a windshield it would be much better.

i think that since tim burtons batman was my first theater experience, i am more into a batmobil who looks more sporty and close rooftop. i never realy loved the older designs. i realy loved the animated show batmobil too. thats why i would love to see the one from arkham asylum. then again they could do as proposed something new. a batmobil that doesnt have an old style in view.