Walmart comes through!

Ares6009

Wave 6 is starting to hit the WM's around here, but no wave 5. NEVER SEEN it in the wild in Northern Illinois. I sent notes to WM corporate and I've had a couple of different managers/assistants at WM contact me in the area, and they have NOTHING for wave 5.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave 6 is starting to hit the WM's around here, but no wave 5. NEVER SEEN it in the wild in Northern Illinois. I sent notes to WM corporate and I've had a couple of different managers/assistants at WM contact me in the area, and they have NOTHING for wave 5.

I'm trying to find someone with a set of these that they would sell for $100 shipped.

Anyone help?

I'm trying to find someone with a set of these that they would sell for $100 shipped.

Anyone help?

100 shipped? good lord.. they cost 11.88 each, times 7 = 83.16 + salex tax = 89.60.... now, shipping on this would be a b... at least by priority because the box will be big. even by parcel post.. its going to cost at least 11 bucks.

So you are basically asking somebody to go out and find them for you, pack them up nicely, drive to the post office, wait in line.. and possibly pay a few bucks out of their own pocket to send these to you..

I am only saying this because you have a handful of posts, and are asking a HUGE favor.

Um...I think there are only 5 in the Walmart wave (Atom, Black Lightning, Eradicator, Riddler, & Amazo), so 5 x 11.88 is almost $60. Add Tax and shipping and you're around $70 or $75, so you pocket between $25 and $30 for your troubles.

I'd gladly pay $100 for the set of series 5 as well. They're going for around $130 to $150 on Scalper-Bay, but I just checked and there are a lot more out there than last week so maybe the price will ease down a little bit into sane levels.

I still need Amazo and Atom. :(

I won't be able to make any more purchases at least until later next week, but I know they had those two when I was shopping for other members today. If you want, I will check back and grab them for you if they are still there. Hell, I frickin' cleaned them out of everything else within the past two days, pretty much single-handedly - might as well finish the job and force them to reorder! ;) Are you set with wave 6?

Shoot me a PM to remind me, if you're interested.

Yeah man that'd be great, i'll send you a pm to remind you. The only one i am missing from wave 6 is Killer Moth. Thanks.

Ares could you give a tip to which Wal-mart you found wave 5 at in CT?

I see your location is Bristol, but I have never seen any DCU there.

Waterbury was cleaned out of DCU yesterday. But I did buy Powergirl and Wonderwoman DCI at that store.

Yesterday in Southington, Walmart had a complete box of wave 6 and a complete box of wave 7 (i bought one each from 7).

Was I close to finding wave 5? I'm going crazy trying to resist the ebay prices. I live Torrington, they never stocked DC.

BTW: Southington Walmart had those two boxes in the covered out door area of the garden dept.

Well well, looks like some body is happy as hell & having mulitpul "toy-gaziums" to prove it. Ares6009 you make me sick & I hate you..................SIKE, just kidding buddy LOL.

I'm happy you had just an impressive toy haul & thanks for the heads up! I've already contacted all my toy-net works & sent out the alert that wally's trucks are rideing heavy with DCUC. & if I can't find them that way, there always shot guns, skie mask, & high way truck high-jackings to pick up what can't be found lol.

What can I say except............i will not be denied.

Anyone help?

100 shipped? good lord.. they cost 11.88 each, times 7 = 83.16 + salex tax = 89.60.... now, shipping on this would be a b... at least by priority because the box will be big. even by parcel post.. its going to cost at least 11 bucks.

So you are basically asking somebody to go out and find them for you, pack them up nicely, drive to the post office, wait in line.. and possibly pay a few bucks out of their own pocket to send these to you..

I am only saying this because you have a handful of posts, and are asking a HUGE favor.

I think he might be asking about wave 5, too. In which case I can say for a fact total cost (w/CT tax and regular parcel post) would be just shy of $72. Priority would bump it up by another 5 bucks. If indeed he was asking about 6 (and if he wanted the variants also,) then, yeah, $100 is kinda asking alot!

Waterbury was cleaned out of DCU yesterday. But I did buy Powergirl and Wonderwoman DCI at that store.

Yesterday in Southington, Walmart had a complete box of wave 6 and a complete box of wave 7 (i bought one each from 7).

Was I close to finding wave 5? I'm going crazy trying to resist the ebay prices. I live Torrington, they never stocked DC.

BTW: Southington Walmart had those two boxes in the covered out door area of the garden dept.

Absolutely! And, I'd be pissed as hell if I were you, considering neither the Torrington or Avon stores are carrying! To be so secluded on the outskirts, they're really doing a disservice to the collectors there! Torrington should really be a supercenter, if you ask me.

I found the jackpot at Cromwell, but I've also seen them in Hartford, Newington, New Britain, and Southington. The one time I went to Waterbury, they hadn't finished the reset yet, but I will assume they'd be getting some too. And that's just around us. Downstate further (off I-91 and 95) there are also stores carrying, but that's a haul for me, so I'd think way to far for you, just on a gamble!

I'm going back out tomorrow just to see if anyone's restocked anything, in order to plan out my blitz for later in the week. I'll let you know if I find anything, and where I find them.

Well well, looks like some body is happy as hell & having mulitpul "toy-gaziums" to prove it. Ares6009 you make me sick & I hate you..................SIKE, just kidding buddy LOL.

I'm happy you had just an impressive toy haul & thanks for the heads up! I've already contacted all my toy-net works & sent out the alert that wally's trucks are rideing heavy with DCUC. & if I can't find them that way, there always shot guns, skie mask, & high way truck high-jackings to pick up what can't be found lol.

What can I say except............i will not be denied.

Ha! Yeah, it's like we've been walking through the desert for so long, finding only bits and pieces scattered through the state, and then falling into a frickin' oasis! Well, hopefully, if I keep cleaning these stores out, they'll get the drift and up their orders!

Absolutely! And, I'd be pissed as hell if I were you, considering neither the Torrington or Avon stores are carrying! To be so secluded on the outskirts, they're really doing a disservice to the collectors there! Torrington should really be a supercenter, if you ask me.

Thanks for the reply Ares6009.

I've never been to Cromwell's Walmart.

There was some talk about a Walmart supercenter in Torrington around the time when Target came to town. I haven't heard much since. This nasty economy probably put that idea on hold.

Two Walmarts I go to about an hour and a half away came through for me today. I finally finished wave 6. I don't have the black suit Superman but had ordered the regular Superman from Ebay about a month ago. I also got Flash and Captain Cold from ebay yesterday. I must say, they're pretty good figures. I only paid $35 total for both. So I felt I got a good deal on them.

Wish that was true for around here (Northern Virginia). I go out 1-2 times per week and only Target and the rare TRU location stocks DCUC Wave 4 and its just leftovers like Cyborg, Wonder Woman (TONS), Ares, and if you're lucky silver Cap Atom. One Wal-Mart still have the space clearly marked with the reset just done and still no new DCUC stuff.

I've been stalking my two local Wal-Marts for months and have seen ZERO as far as DCUC goes. They have plenty of Batman rotting on the shelves but no DCUC.

This weekend it hit me that there is a third Walmart in my area and this one did used to carry the DC Suerheores line ...or whatever it was called when it was just about Batman, Superman, and puny Doomsdays... so I went there and found a Hawkman and a Riddler.

Hawkman is truly an excellent figure and may be my favorite of the line so far. It is definitely the best winged figure EVER.

Riddler ...Well, it's a Riddler.

The difference in finding this Wave 5 is going to be in finding WM's that had carried DCU figures in the past. If they never carried the line, it doesn't look like they'll be clearing out any new pegs for Wave 5.

I went to the walmart in the twon next to me tonight and found cpt cold kid flash flash and brada. grabbed them as fast as i could

i am so jealous. i have been waiting for captain cold since wave 1. and i have no interest in the BAF for this wave. nor do i care about aquaman, kid flash or big barda. i just want my flash and captain cold...and of course blue beetle and booster gold when they show up.

Well, to all those interested, as far as the 'local' Wally's go, none of them have restocked (with wave 5, anyway). I still have one store who has not done ANYTHING, but I can't definitively provide any hope with that one.

That's for wave 5. Wave 6? Sure, we got that! I have a Killer Moth set aside for Prime 2009. But I still have more stores to check, too. So, I'll let y'all know if I find anything.

Um...I think there are only 5 in the Walmart wave (Atom, Black Lightning, Eradicator, Riddler, & Amazo), so 5 x 11.88 is almost $60. Add Tax and shipping and you're around $70 or $75, so you pocket between $25 and $30 for your troubles.

I'd gladly pay $100 for the set of series 5 as well. They're going for around $130 to $150 on Scalper-Bay, but I just checked and there are a lot more out there than last week so maybe the price will ease down a little bit into sane levels.

I thought he was asking for wave 6

I found the jackpot at Cromwell, but I've also seen them in Hartford, Newington, New Britain, and Southington. The one time I went to Waterbury, they hadn't finished the reset yet, but I will assume they'd be getting some too. And that's just around us. Downstate further (off I-91 and 95) there are also stores carrying, but that's a haul for me, so I'd think way to far for you, just on a gamble!

I'm going back out tomorrow just to see if anyone's restocked anything, in order to plan out my blitz for later in the week. I'll let you know if I find anything, and where I find them.

i shipped 5 moc dcuc figs, and it cost me 20.00. i shipped SURPREMEQUEEN an moc eradicator, and it cost me 10.00

its been a while since i've posted, so how's it hangin everybody?

i got to that walmart that ares posted about a little while after he did. all that was left were some of wave 5 and very few of wave 6. and this was a few days ago. i didn't think they had any wave 7 because the rereleased figures weren't even on the pegs anymore. anyway, i managed to find barda, kid flash, and captain cold at another walmart but i'm still missing the variant barda and flash.

i'm in the process of moving in the next two weeks so everything i purchase from here on out is going to be boxed up. i need A LOT OF BOXES.

i shipped 5 moc dcuc figs, and it cost me 20.00. i shipped SURPREMEQUEEN an moc eradicator, and it cost me 10.00

Sounds like you got the runaround like I did. Did you ship Priority, Express, or Parcal Post? Did you use generic boxes or the ones they 'provide'?