Walmart comes through!

Ares6009

I decided to pay a visit to a Walmart which has served my toy needs quite well these days. And it payed off HUGE!

As I have been saying since the beginning, patience pays off. Sure I jump the gun like everyone else as soon as someone says they've found a new wave, and yes, I get disappointed when I come across remnants of them. But I 'stand' before you now to let you know what Mattel has said all along, has actually come to pass. IN SPADES!

This store had been barren of DCUC since the first blast of wave 6 which happened, what, 3-4 weeks ago? I walk in today, on a lark, just because I was in the area, and BAM! They had so many figs, they couldn't fit them on the pegs available! And I'm talking waves 5, 6, AND the beginnings of 7!!! I damn near soiled myself when I saw this! And I had to look around to see if anyone was witnessing my moment o' absolute glee. They have everyone from all the waves except the proverbial missing links Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, and Camo Aquaman.

So I picked up the Eradicator, who I missed the first time around, Shazam!, who was absent from the inital burst of 6, and Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold, and Big Barda. And there were at least 2 of each left! Oddly, there were not any RegeneSupes, but whatever - I had the Hard Rockin' version from the first outting, so I can live without it.

Interestingly, I also got to examine the Big Guns that are now included with each wave, namely Batman and Green Lantern, in this case. They're the same as the first time arounds, but have a cheesy little stand to take place of whatever BAF piece they originally came with. Very disappointing! I mean, c'mon! They didn't have to go the route of Toy Biz and whip up fantastic display stands for the re-issue, but a tiny little clear plastic stand?!? Whatever. I guess they are more for the people who missed out the first time, and who are not interested in that particular BAF. And they had different card backs, presumably featuring the other upcoming Big Guns, like Ronnie Firestorm, Robin, and Wonder Woman.

And before the inevitable flood of PMs hits like a tsunami, please be aware I have been without a job for a few months, and while I'd love to help everyone out, I simply can not without spare cash. So I'll do what I can, but please bear with me. I'm spent for this week, and will be going out again next week, hopefully to find even more stores having restocked. (It should be noted, I only went to three today. The first is the best, the second had nothing, and the third had a leftover GL-with-stand, so they're coming!)

Moreover, check your stores, because not only are they apparently getting their remainder of shipments from wave 5, like Mattel said, but also the updated cases that include Shazam! and RegeneSupes. And then on top of that, the first allotment from wave 7. So you all might be able to finally get yer mitts on these without having to pay extra for shipping!

Keep the faith!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright... before I was even finished typing, Degra came in first. He has requested an Atom, Batman reissue, and what I could find of 7. I can probably support that, but that means any other requests might will probably have to wait. Meaning the chances of them still being there next week are significantly less. But I'll still do what I can. I have other stores to check for restock, so hopefully it's widespread, but just remember, I'm poor and looking for work, so I can't just drop a buttload of cash without considering mortgage and bills!

Check your stores!

I need Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and blue Aquaman if you can nab them for me. I have paypal

thanks

I'd love to help you with that, but it seems those are the three MIAs from this wave. Others have also noticed this, and I guess it goes along with what Mattel released last week or the week before trying to explain what the deal was with wave 6. Apparently, you have what I (we) have, so take my word and rest assured, they will show up. Hell, everyone gave up hope on wave 5 being replenished, and look what has happened since then!

If I see them, I'll grab them. But if you see them first, let me know, so I don't shell out cash I don't need to.

I need Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and blue Aquaman if you can nab them for me. I have paypal

thanks

I'd love to help you with that, but it seems those are the three MIAs from this wave. Others have also noticed this, and I guess it goes along with what Mattel released last week or the week before trying to explain what the deal was with wave 6. Apparently, you have what I (we) have, so take my word and rest assured, they will show up. Hell, everyone gave up hope on wave 5 being replenished, and look what has happened since then!

If I see them, I'll grab them. But if you see them first, let me know, so I don't shell out cash I don't need to.

oops. I misread your post @lol@

I thought you found those three finally.

anyhow, thanks

thanks

oops. I misread your post @lol@

I thought you found those three finally.

anyhow, thanks

Roger, roger!

Wave 7 is broken up into two waves. The first is only going to have Flash Kid Flash Big Barda and her variant plus captain cold and one reissue Batman and GL.

As far as I know wave 7b isn't out yet. that one will have Camo Aquaman, Booster and Blue Beetle and Flash Capt Cold. I know Big Barda is only going to be released in this first half.

some of my walmarts have been restocking, but mostly wave 6. a few wave 5's. no wave 7's at all, not from what I've seen.

My Wal-Mart literally only has Etrigan from Wave 1. Two of them. That's it.

Well if you live in the Tidewater area (VA) some of my buddies called to tell me most of the Walmarts down there have restocked wave 5. So that is good news for all of us who have yet to see this wave.

I still need Amazo and Atom. :(

I won't be able to make any more purchases at least until later next week, but I know they had those two when I was shopping for other members today. If you want, I will check back and grab them for you if they are still there. Hell, I frickin' cleaned them out of everything else within the past two days, pretty much single-handedly - might as well finish the job and force them to reorder! ;) Are you set with wave 6?

Shoot me a PM to remind me, if you're interested.

I dun really want to ask Ares6009 since he posted earilar that he doesn't have the extra cash to help a bunch of ppl, so if anyone else out there who can snag me an Atom and Eradicator, I will trade my moc lobo for them.

You can always ask! I'll help if I can. I just dropped $200 on these things between yesterday and today, so I'm tapped until next week earliest. My only fear is they might be gone by then, but I WILL look! I know I did not see any Eradicators left at the one store I started this post about, but given the fact that they went from bare pegs to super-stock, I have to believe that'll happen in more stores around here. Shoot me a PM (now or next week) to remind me, and we'll see what turns up. Oh, and you can keep the Lobo - at the rate he's price tagged, you'd kick yourself later!

I'll check my Walmarts tonight and see if I can grab Black-Suited Superman. That's the only one I'm missing as I got my Series 6 order in today. Woot!

Oddly enough, that's the one damn fig I still haven't seen, even given the superstock store! I don't need him, but I just think it's wierd... If these are 'B' case assortments, that might have something to do with it, but I never saw him the first time around, either.

What's the variant for Big Barda again?

No helmet.

Yeah. I tried prying off the helmet on mine to see if there was something underneath. Don't do that. It's a bad idea. Really.

I'd have prefered the variant hair-sportin' Barda, but one is enough, and thankfully, a touch o' crazy glue re-covers the unsightly bald pate of the regular version.

Hey, it wiggled! I thought I was in the green!