Spider-Man Classics Juggernaut, Tarantula & Venom

Dragon66

I picked these up over the last couple of days and I applaud the effort Hasbro put into these. Tarantula is a a nice use of the old Toybiz Captain Marvel body that Hasbro uses in every wave. The sculpting on Venom finally gives a new body with a really nice head sculpt. The stinger was kind of tough to attach to his back and can throw his balance off in different poses. He does lack some articulation, but sometimes I would prefer a nice sculpt to superarticulation. Now Juggernaut is a little on the small side to me, and looks better without the helmet in my opinion. The helmet is more in the 80's style of drawing him with a bullet head busting through walls. I feel that I may be biased about the size because of that massive hunk of plastic awesomeness that was Toybiz wave 6, but overall it is a nice figure(just don't pose them near each other, or your new one will get a complex).

While nothing beats ML Juggs, this version is cool in his own right. I love the mask, it looks so cool and it's comic accurate too. There's an old Marvel Team Up issue from the eighties where Spidey and the X-Men team up to take on Juggernaut and Black Tom Cassidy. At one point Juggernaut's helmet is ripped off and he has this mask on underneath that he made to protect him from Phoenix's TK blast. And that's everyone's fun fact for the evening. :)

I like Venom a lot too because his sculpt reminds me of the Toy Biz days. Tarantula is good, but waay too short. Between him and Juggernaut, I hope Hasbro isn't shifting to a 5" scale.

picked up Tarantula and Gargan Venom at my LCBS today. They're pretty sweet...

Skipped Juggy because I have the Toy Biz one.

Was that your birthday present to yourself?

@HappyBDay@

I suppose it was. Thanks!

is the spidey that comes in this wave the mcfarlane spidey?

Nah, the previous wave was the McFarlane Spidey repaint.