Hawkman/Hawkgirl two pack cancelled

degra

I just got a notice from the online retailer that I had placed my order for the 4 2 packs and received the notice just minutes ago that that particular two pack was cancelled.

I don't know if it was due to poor initial pre-orders or it no longer being available to the online retailers because it has become a TRU exclusive because it was mentioned at NYCC there were going to be a 2 pack exclusive to them.

Update: Just seconds ago I was sent a notice that Supergirl/Lex two pack was also canned. I really wanted these since I missed out on these two characters.

Me thinks they are canned because of lack of orders since only superman and brainiac were at NYCC; MAttel said that if there is enough amount of orders, they will make it

Seems logical because there is a modern Hawkgirl and Hawkmen in wave 9 and 6 so perhaps not many are preorderin the golden age pack. The same with LEx and Supergirl, both of which are reissues that a lot of ppl have

I think they made the Clayface pack to start the exclusives because a lot of ppl wanted clayface the first time around

don't be coy! out that e-tailer! let me guess its BBTS right? they make me sick. they cancelled the DCIH Teen Titan 6pck too. I think they want to back out of the deal, so they can price gouge later.
Entertainment Earth which I've had wonderful luck with.

I knew from the onset something like this was going to happen. Personally, I can not in good faith place an order for something I can not see. I feel that alot of people think that way also. So while apparently enough pre-orders were sent in for the 2 sets that made the cut, not enough interest was placed in the others. I'd have like to see what they had in mind for those two, even if they were just drawings, but no dice.

And oddly enough, having seen what they did decide to go with, I have little to no interest in them anyway. I would like to have that Brainiac, and maybe I'll bite, but I can also live without it easily, though it is the epitome of the toons I grew up with.

Right. And that was probably the general consensus. If we want what are to be the most recent releases, why do the JSA versions? That was my thought, anyway. I'd like them, but in the interest of keeping it 'fresh', I can do without. If the line really proves successful, we'll see them later.

However, when they get to Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and the rest of JSA, that opinion will change!

The only Brainiac I want is that robotic version that I didn't pick up way back when I wasn't collecting the line!! It would mean my Super Powers collection would be one more step close to completion!!!

I'll be saving funds by only picking up one version of a character!!! I wish they would have started the stands for wave 6, then I could skip Supes! I only want the Kalibak piece, not the mullet Supes!!

no wonder if it is canceled, show pics at least to see what we are ordering. i fell into this crap way back when previews showed shadowed spiderman3 busts. when i got them, they were so horrible and i promissed myself never to order again something i did not see in the first place. same with the terminator busts. first they show them in a shadowed version and boy am i glad, i did not order them because for me they look horrible.

Mattel screwed the pooch again. Why do they expect people to pre-order figures that don't exist yet. F'n morons. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was planning on buying all of the 2-packs.

Yeah, I think they were pushing their luck and seeing just how far they could go with DCUC's popularity.

"Here are some potential two-packs, but we don't have pictures, and you have to preorder or else you you won't get them."

No pictures and an ultimatum to boot? No one in their right mind would think that's a legitimate way of doing business.

i think they were testing something and did see that it wasnt working out. thats why they announced that the 2-packs will be mattycollectors exclusives. i would not write this 2-pack off yet because i sense that we will see them on matty exclusives one day. even the brown manbat is coming in wave 10 so everything is possible with mattel.

They probably figured it would be better if Hawkgirl was put out on her own in a future line, like in Wave 8 which I completely forgot because I'm a bonehead (edit). Because pre-ordering a two-pack with a figure that's about to be a new release is a bad idea. That said, they canceled the Teen Titans DCIH pack? Noo!! I wanted my Mullah and Brain!

Now I insist on a Doom Patrol pack. ;)

Good luck there!

According to the 4H, they had Robotman on a list of characters they wanted to do, but he was nixed by someone (I can't remember if it was someone at DC or Mattel) who didn't have confidence in the Doom Patrol's ability to sell. Of course, strangely enough, we are getting 80's Vigilante!

Go figure!

Good luck there!

According to the 4H, they had Robotman on a list of characters they wanted to do, but he was nixed by someone (I can't remember if it was someone at DC or Mattel) who didn't have confidence in the Doom Patrol's ability to sell. Of course, strangely enough, we are getting 80's Vigilante!

Go figure!

Good luck there!

Go figure!

Yeah, but 80's Vigilante looks kinda like a ninja, and ninja characters tend to sell well.

Doom Patrol....not so visually appealing to the kiddies.

... ninja characters tend to sell well.

So do robots! It still seems like an arbitrary call to me and as was my main point, indicative in someone's lack of faith in the marketability of the Doom Patrol.

Completely discounting the high likelihood that the "someone" in question is probably someone who makes a living out of knowing what's more "marketable" and what isn't. Just because you would buy it doesn't mean enough people would buy it to make it profitable.

Robotman is, quite frankly, a boring looking robot, to clarify my point.

Just because you would buy it doesn't mean enough people would buy it to make it profitable.

This is something I understand perfectly well. Not enough people seem to have accepted this.

Well, this becomes a matter of taste. Robotman would be far more appealing than Mr. Terrific, a boring black guy in a jacket with a gaudy unattractive costume who is the lesser known version of a very obscure hero. The Guardian, as much as I love him, comes across as a less interesting Captain America. All this goes to my main point once again that despite any attempt at justification, figure selection really boils down to a very arbitrary practice.

Just because you would buy it doesn't mean enough people would buy it to make it profitable.

This is something I understand perfectly well. Not enough people seem to have accepted this.

Well, this becomes a matter of taste. Robotman would be far more appealing than Mr. Terrific, a boring black guy in a jacket with a gaudy unattractive costume who is the lesser known version of a very obscure hero. The Guardian, as much as I love him, comes across as a less interesting Captain America. All this goes to my main point once again that despite any attempt at justification, figure selection really boils down to a very arbitrary practice.