anyone else on the fence when it comes to ordering MOTUC Stratos?

drkngrusum

Well I always found Stratos kinda lame anyway to be honest. And watching the old cartoons is certainly not helping his case any. Still I think his figure looks quite good for a Statos figure and will be ordering him to complete the set. Actually I'm even ordering an extra to make a custom Delora and Batros as well. I should really just hand Mattel my wallet.

I'm not on the fence. I've been looking forward to Stratos since I first saw pictures of him. It looks like an outstanding figure to me.

yeah ! agree I think that he looks awesome ...

Stratos (and Zodak) looks a bit plain to me. Should be interesting to see how fast this type of character sells. I think it's been mentioned that Mattel will be producing less of the non-Skeletor/He-man figures, which should help here... though it may mean that highly-anticipated guys like Mer-man sell out quite fast.

My biggest problem with Stratos is that he's pretty much bare bones. An extra weapon or something would've been cool. For figures that didn't originally come with weapons I think Mattel should include "accessory pack" style weapons like a blue power or axe, or they should come with the Castle Greyskull weapons. Despite having wings the lack of accessories does really bring Sratos' value into to question. I still plan to buy him though.

I think that this may be the best Stratos yet-- he has a great face and appears to have excellent painted detail. He's not stricken with the cheapness of the original or the wing-flapping gimmick of the 2002 version. And yet, I just don't have any nostalgia for the character. I'd rather budget for guys like Man-at-Arms and Mer-Man down the road.

I think Stratos as a character all around sucks. His original figure was one of my least favorite and in no way is the new one worth the $30 we have to pay. Faker is also not worth the money but Mer-Man is a must buy

i'm not too attached to stratos either but i'll be getting him anyway to complete the series.

i picked up 2 fakers from NYCC and he isn't just a simply he-man repaint. the details with the airbrushing and musculature are amazing! i couldn't expect any less from MOTUC. his face details alone made him worth the effort of getting this guy early. he's got darker blue airbrushing around his eyes and red pupils which makes him look really menacing!

the dry-brushing on the orange skeletor armor is a neat touch, as well as the pearlescent paint they used for the crossbones on the chest emblem. he just looks all kinds of bad-ass and i'm so glad i got him.

he also comes with an orange half-sword which i thought was kinda strange. it would've made sense if they made the orange half-sword fit with skeletor's but it has the peg-holes that would only allow it to fit with he-man's half-sword. orange and grey are a gross combination!

i'm ordering stratos in less than an hour, then its off to hunt for some more goodies!

I just put in my order for STRATOS.

This is one of the figures that I have been looking forward to along with Zodac and Man-At-Arms.

When growing up, my brother always got the main characters and I always got the secondary characters. To this day, I still love those secondary characters more.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE