Classics Dinobot Review

pesatyel

Beast Mode: Velociraptor

The beast mode is, generally, improved. The tail is longer and, since it no longer has the spinning part, it has a curve.

Dinobot051.jpgDinobot066.jpgDinobot053.jpgDinobot056.jpgDinobot057.jpg

The reason for the 2 pics of the front view are for the robot hands/claws. The first one the claws are out, the second the fists are out.

The problem, with mine maybe, is that the sword fits into the tail (as before) but is spring loaded. The spring is strong, so the sword doesn't fit well and thus the tail doesn't close around it completely. Its really a minor annoyance.

Accessories: Like the previous versions, the tail detaches and can be hand held.

Dinobot015.jpgDinobot013.jpgDinobot016.jpg

The sword, like his original version fits into the tail, as above.

Dinobot010.jpg

I'm not sure this is better exactly since the original could make use of both weapons (the spinning tail in one hand, the sword in the other). With this, it is, really, either or since the sword is the missile.

Transformation: Relatively simple, just fold out the arms, flip around the feet and put the dinohead down, basically.

Robot mode:

Dinobot003.jpgDinobot005.jpgDinobot006.jpgDinobot007.jpg

This version is significantly different from the original to end up with, essentially, the same thing. Does that make sense? The first Dinobot, the dino legs became his arms, and his robot legs were the dino torso. This one, the dino legs become the robot legs and his arms are in the dino torso.

Other features:

Two sets of hands. The "normal" ones above and actual fist hands.

Dinobot022.jpgDinobot025.jpg

The problem with them is that, as you can see in the pic, the claw fits into the grooves at the backs of the forearms making the fists more stable then the claws (the fist doesn't lock into position when the claws out so they rotate easy).

Changing faction symbol. Since Dinobot started off as a Predacon, then switched to a Maximal, they gave him both symbols. But they also hid them both since the either one would look wierd on the type of the beast mode's head.

Dinobot027.jpgDinobot029.jpgDinobot031.jpg

The Predacon symbol isn't very clear at all. It has details, but the purple color made it hard to picture.

Action Poses: Because of they way they wanted the "rib look" on the legs, his leg articulation is hindered by the hips. They swing back and behind his shins.

Dinobot033.jpgDinobot034.jpg

That is the extent of his leg articulation. He has the ball jointed hips and feet but no swivel in the thigh or troso. If you move the dino thighs to the side, you get this:

Dinobot035.jpg

This might be why he has fists (instead of just the claws).

Dinobot036.jpg

I'm not sure this is better exactly since the original could make use of both weapons (the spinning tail in one hand, the sword in the other). With this, it is, really, either or since the sword is the missile.

But... he can still use the tail in one hand and the sword in the other, as your own pics show. Being able to use the sword as a missile is an added bonus, not a drawback. They (correctly) figure that most people won't care to have him standing around with a loaded launcher.

That's my take, anyway. I think the better proportions alone make this guy worth it.

But... he can still use the tail in one hand and the sword in the other, as your own pics show. Being able to use the sword as a missile is an added bonus, not a drawback. They (correctly) figure that most people won't care to have him standing around with a loaded launcher.

That's my take, anyway. I think the better proportions alone make this guy worth it.

Well I meant that the spinning blade version had its own use (by spinning). This one can still be used as a gun without the sword, sure, it just seemed, I dunno, "off" that way.

Thought I'd chime in with a few show snap shots I've taken to compare

vlcsnap-464069.png

vlcsnap-463885.png

vlcsnap-17011.png

To me the colors on this classic one are wayyy off :S Maybe if they had used a darkeroutline color for the details the skin tone would be better ...& the face color where did they get that from ?:S I think takaras version will be a lot better and more show accurate. I've been going through the beast wars series again & this time I've been taken screenshots of "cool moments' Or at least been trying too... Surprised I don't have more of dinobot yet :S Though I am still in the first season only :S