Attention all MEXICAN DCUC COLLECTORS!

JANMUGAR PRIME

Hola,

For further acknowledgements, i'll post here in English, but please feel free to write as you want either in ENGLISH or in SPANISH.

HOW can we make MATTEL MEXICO that we need DCUC stuff here at local retailers?

We have seen as far as i have, ONLY WAVE 1!!!!!

Now that NYCC09 has been and all the fine DCUC products that will be available with our fellow neighbors, WHY DOES MATTEL Keep flooding us with MAX STEEL???!!!!!

Here in MEXICO live A GREAT, to say the least, GREAT NUMBERS of DC FANS that want their DCUC available at retail. and not as the RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE imported items they have become.

LET yourself be known to MATTEL and if any of you that see this post knows something that the average of us don't, please let it be heard.

Thank u.

JUAN JAIME from DFMEXCITY a.k.a. JANMUGAR PRIME.

p.s. Don't let that history repeats itself like it had happened with the SUPERPOWERS Collection here back in the 80's. Many of you will know what i mean.

Buenas noches Janmugar Prime gracias es bueno conocer a otros usarios hispanoparlantes que sufren lo mismo que yo.

It is really very serious and sadly to see the loss of interest from Mattel distribute the line of DCUC, until I complete it to the moment that infinite has left were the DC heroes that are not the one this looking for, the truth is that Mattel Mexico seems to unique think about infantile consumers like only like final buyer of its products, reason why leaves of side to potential consumers as it is it our generation, not or if the cause of the lack of series in Mexico is by the distribution problems that abounded in the past, or if the cost in weights towards little accessible, but, Mattel must recall to mind in serious because this losing itself a great market, that is Latinamerica.

I think the real deal is our retailers DON´T want any other stuff that is not endorsed by a show or a movie. I used to work for a toy company, and they had catalogues in spanish, and everything that Mattel offered, it´s just some retailers don´t want them.

I´ve ordered everything online,but in the end, due to taxes and import fees, i still have to pay as if i was getting the figs here in Mexico, instead of the low price at the states.

I believe there are not as many fans in Mexico or toehr countries as in U.S. or U.K.

I think the real deal is our retailers DON´T want any other stuff that is not endorsed by a show or a movie. I used to work for a toy company, and they had catalogues in spanish, and everything that Mattel offered, it´s just some retailers don´t want them.

I´ve ordered everything online,but in the end, due to taxes and import fees, i still have to pay as if i was getting the figs here in Mexico, instead of the low price at the states.

I believe there are not as many fans in Mexico or toehr countries as in U.S. or U.K.

Te refieres a WAL-MART, LIVERPOOL, COMRMEX, Y SORIANA?, ó a JUGUETRON y JUGUETIBICI?

those retailers need to sell, specially in the Holidays seasons, SUPERHEROES have always been a great deal to offer to consumers AT RETAIL. Y No necesariamente me refiero solamente a los niños.

The problem is the availability of those products at everyone's reach. I know that u can order online at your own risk, but, let's face it. It's not the same that you see pegs of the toys you collect near your home AT COMPLETELY FAIR PRICES, that instead for you to risk your toys and money alike.

Yo compre mi set de DCUC serie1 en WAL-MART el año pasado y pagué MX$500 por el set. and NOW every figure (IF I EVER SEE ONE) in the aftermarket like TOY&HOBBY SHOPS where the (as i call them) "monotraficantes" or "toydealers" sell them at MX$400 EACH!, or MX$2500 for a set!

WTF!.

If u believe that there are not so many fans here in MX or in any LA Country, then you haven´t visited a COMICSHOP like COMICASTLE or any other small stores in MEX.

Mattel's response is that "the retailers" didn't want to carry DCUC. I'm not sure how true it is or the logic behind it but to me DCUC1 sold pretty well outside United States and then retailers still don't want to profit. How weird.

Te refieres a WAL-MART, LIVERPOOL, COMRMEX, Y SORIANA?, ó a JUGUETRON y JUGUETIBICI?

those retailers need to sell, specially in the Holidays seasons, SUPERHEROES have always been a great deal to offer to consumers AT RETAIL. Y No necesariamente me refiero solamente a los niños.

The problem is the availability of those products at everyone's reach. I know that u can order online at your own risk, but, let's face it. It's not the same that you see pegs of the toys you collect near your home AT COMPLETELY FAIR PRICES, that instead for you to risk your toys and money alike.

Yo compre mi set de DCUC serie1 en WAL-MART el año pasado y pagué MX$500 por el set. and NOW every figure (IF I EVER SEE ONE) in the aftermarket like TOY&HOBBY SHOPS where the (as i call them) "monotraficantes" or "toydealers" sell them at MX$400 EACH!, or MX$2500 for a set!

WTF!.

If u believe that there are not so many fans here in MX or in any LA Country, then you haven´t visited a COMICSHOP like COMICASTLE or any other small stores in MEX.

Retailers in general. Wal Mart, Comercial Mexicana, Soriana, Aurrera. And $500 pesos a set?? weird, i got them in Mexico too at $200 a piece, unless they got a discount, but everywhere I looked at, they were from $200 to $230.

Yes, we have "toydealers" or scalpers that sell $300 pesos a piece ( around 22 U.S. dollars), but i don´t get my figs from them.

There are fans, can´t deny that, but there aren´t as much fans in Mexico as in the States, which doesn´t justify bringing more figs from unknown characters to kids (which they think is the target market). They think " who the heck is sinestro, deathstroke, captain atom, ares??" "Is there a show that le´t kids know who this guys are?? no?? then forget it, we are not interested"

not just mexicans. i feel your pain my collector friends. i live in europe and i got the new listings from matel and all there is, is those crappy 5insh dark knight figs. we sold so much batman classics figures in the days, so why should dc universe fail around the world? please mattel, take over and deliver to everyone who wants them.

WTF!.

Retailers in general. Wal Mart, Comercial Mexicana, Soriana, Aurrera. And $500 pesos a set?? weird, i got them in Mexico too at $200 a piece, unless they got a discount, but everywhere I looked at, they were from $200 to $230.

Yes, we have "toydealers" or scalpers that sell $300 pesos a piece ( around 22 U.S. dollars), but i don´t get my figs from them.

There are fans, can´t deny that, but there aren´t as much fans in Mexico as in the States, which doesn´t justify bringing more figs from unknown characters to kids (which they think is the target market). They think " who the heck is sinestro, deathstroke, captain atom, ares??" "Is there a show that le´t kids know who this guys are?? no?? then forget it, we are not interested"

In fact i was lucky because they were "case fresh" and they were marked at the same price as DC SUPERHEROES who were on discount at that time, even when they had different "store coding" they marked them as the same. Even they lasted with that price for nearly 3 weeks until they were sold out in my local WM. 1 or 2 months later they were re-supplied and then the price raised to MX$238 each. More expensive than the original pricing for the DCSH figures.

There was indeed a TV show which showcased ALMOST all of DC characters named JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED, sound familiar 2 u?, by then there was airing the final season on local TV. and all the JLU figures have always sold excellent at retail (minus SUPES#101 & BATS#102), got it?

Now, MATTEL when will u deliver all the DCUC waves around the world????