So how far will MU go with Wolverine figures?

canprime

Since we now have the new MU line and the Wolverine movie line doing a ton of Wolverine variants. Will Hasbro go to the well too often with one of their most popular characters in the MU line?

We have so far:

X-Force Wolverine (MU)

Logan (comic)

Logan (movie)

Weapon X (comic)

Brown Wolverine (comic)

Military Wolverine

Logan w/Motorcyle jacket (& motorcycle). From the movie line 2 pack.

That leaves what? 3, 4 more "iconic" wolverine costumes? Would you be ok with Hasbro throwing some of these guys back into the MU line in a year or 2?

Since we now have the new MU line and the Wolverine movie line doing a ton of Wolverine variants. Will Hasbro go to the well too often with one of their most popular characters in the MU line?

We have so far:

X-Force Wolverine (MU)

Logan (comic)

Logan (movie)

Weapon X (comic)

Brown Wolverine (comic)

Military Wolverine

That leaves what? 3, 4 more "iconic" wolverine costumes? Would you be ok with Hasbro throwing some of these guys back into the MU line in a year or 2?

Wolverine is like Spiderman, there's a lot of permutation possible:

First appearance Wolverine

Classic Wolverine

Modern Wolverine

Battle Damage Wolverine

Patch

Jim Lee Wolverine

Age of Apocalypse Wolverine

Days of Futures Past Wolverine

Ninja Wolverine (or Samurai)

Wolverine as Fang

Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton ( okay, that's a stretch)

Berserker Rage Wolverine

So long as it's within a certian time period, I won't mind. I mean, there's always that kids, collector, or someone who didn't get a certian verison of a 4" Wolverine/Logan when the X-men Orgins: Wolverine line was out. But it's got to be within a certian period, like after a year or 2 like you suggested. Only really difference is that the heads would probably be more base on his comic book look than the Movie look. As well, if or when they do re-release these figures, so long as they pace them well and not put too many Wolverines at the same time(Like say 3 Wolverines in 1 wave), then they will be fine.

Heck, for the sake of the line, they shouldn't do something like intentional chase varaints on Wolverine(Stuff like the regular and Sealth Iron Man figures from the 1st wave of the Marvel Universe line for example), since you know it would give Hasbro another excusie to re-release the same figure over and over again but within different time periods(Example: Stuff like the Masked and the Chase Unmasked verisons of Wolverine like we saw in the Marvel Legends line. For the current costume, they could do something like a Masked verison for 2010, and unmasked for 2011 or 2012, instead of doing a Masked verison as the regular, and unmasked for the chase. And of course, they could always later do the same figure but with a swapable head so that you could have either masked or unmasked Wolverine in that costume). It would also allow Hasbro to make sure they have some sort of verison of Logan/Wolverine in every couple of waves.

As far as I'm concerned we can never have too many Wolverines or Iron Man armors. And yes I'm serious. Since I know they are going to do it anyways why fight it? They are 2 of my top 5 favorite of all time. Bring it on!

Especially Iron Man. Iron Man is one of the few characters where making all those different versions actually makes sense. Dude changes armors like most people change their underwear.

They could make every single version of armor Iron Man has ever worn, and I'd be perfectly happy with it.

As for Wolverine...I suspect we may see less of him in MU than we think. They might make his current/Astonishing X-Men costume, but after that I think he'll get relegated to multi-packs. There are a ton of other characters that they can make, and think: they've only given us one Spider-Man so far, and they're already going on four Iron Man versions. There's also at least 2-4 more Captain America versions they could do (Bucky-Cap, Ultimate WW II, Classic Marvel, Classic Marvel WW II) and...well, yeah. Suffice to say they've got enough core character variations going that they can run for quite a few waves before they're really going to have to start thinking about working Wolverine into the mix.

Though I wouldn't be all that surprised if he shows up sooner.

As long as the variants make sense, like they do thus far in the Origins: Wolverine line, I'm OK with them. It's the "Star Blaster Wolverine" and "Night Ninja Logan" figures that are a waste. But stick to the comic/movie iterations, and it's fine. He's popular for a reason.

And I agree with Jmacq about Wolverine not being as prominent in the MU line. I don't think the Wolverine/X-Men villains will be as prominent there, either. Even someone like Magneto could be an Origins figure rather than a Marvel Universe one. MU will go crazy with Spider-Man and Iron Man most likely, but at least they have another outlet for Wolverine.

So far, I like what I've seen from MU and Origins: Wolverine a lot. I hope they keep it up.

I'm tempted to grab these for myself. I like the idea of putting a subsection of the MU into its own line. That way you keep some rabid fans happy and spending cash while others can enjoy the ease of having another selection of Marvel characters outside of that getting more rare or lesser known characters. It makes a lot of sense.

We have so far:

X-Force Wolverine (MU)

Logan (comic)

Logan (movie)

Weapon X (comic)

Brown Wolverine (comic)

Military Wolverine

County fair Wolverine complete with half eaten cotton candy and funnel cake speared on his claws.

I don't know.. I really like all of the comic inspired movie figures so far (except for Strike Mission wolvie)... so they aren't going too far yet

I won't pic up any of the movie inspired figures though.

Highlander Wolverine

Saturday Night Fever Wolverine

Camp Counselor Wolverine (complete with a marshmallow for each claw)

Civil War Wolverine (that one's probably real...)

Wolverine with those God-awful acryllic nail-type claws

There's a list of atrocities for ya!

Yes there are a lot of Wolverine's but its justified since he has a lot different looks and he's popular, no one is going to argue with that. Iron Man has a lot of toys too but no one is complaining. Look how many Spider-Man and Hulk figures there are and they only have one look!