Marvel Universe PICK FIVE

CLAM

O.K.

Going with...............

Iron man 2020

Dazzler(can't make out the costume from the picture, hope it is the disco rollerskating one!)

Cosmic Spider-Man

Captain Britain(sorry I am English)

There is not another one on the list that I really want so I go with.........

The Beyonder.

I mean come on A whole toy series in the 80's based on his actions and still he had no toy!!

By the way Why did Iron man 2020 never get a 6" figure.

And why not in a two pack with Machine man 2020 instead of the upcoming Two pack with an inferior version of a previous Iron man figure?

And can anyone tell me if this line is as flimsy as the superhero showdown line?

It will probably never never make the Czech republic but if it does I would rather not waste money on something that breaks apart if you try to pose it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it says that the winners will make it into the 2010 lineup..

but I have a difficult time believing that they will go all the way through 2010 without making Beast, Archangel, or Storm..

likewise, I think Wintersoldier should be getting into the lineup rather quickly, as he has been a pivotal character recently..

anyhow, I voted for Tigershark, Drax, Gladiator, Archangel, and Captain Britain (but I don't want that Cap Britain costume)

And can anyone tell me if this line is as flimsy as the superhero showdown line?

It will probably never never make the Czech republic but if it does I would rather not waste money on something that breaks apart if you try to pose it.

No, these figures are SOLID, very well constructed and with good materials. You'd probably have to really work at it to break them apart. While Superhero Showdown has some better sculpts, and in some respects, better articulation-- the Fury Files figures are much better made toys.

Don't get me wrong...giving obscure characters some love is nice, but (in my opinion) some of the selections really...uh...suck. They could've picked some better characters. I wish they'd do some multi-packs or boxsets for supporting characters like Mary Jane or Gwen Stacey...you know, have one superpowered guy or guys with a normal person...that kinda stuff. I'm picking Grim Reaper, 'cause we need some bad guys!

Here is my picks

1. Captain Marvel....The picture on the website is of Marvel Boy

2. Quasar

3. Cosmic Spidey

4. Captain Britain....Have the classic duds like on the pic PLEASE!!

5. Firelord

My Picks that are not on the website

1. Jack of Hearts

2. Mimic

3. Starfox

4. Super Skrull

5. Ronan

6. The Agents of Atlas...Maybe a box set??

7. Mantis

my votes

archangel

gladiator

beyonder

thunderbird

phantom rider

my wishlist; apocalypse, juggernaut, marvel conan, odin, stone ozymandias. and.............STILT-MAN !!

but I have a difficult time believing that they will go all the way through 2010 without making Beast, Archangel, or Storm..

likewise, I think Wintersoldier should be getting into the lineup rather quickly, as he has been a pivotal character recently..

that is one of the reasons archangel didnt make my list. he has been in pretty much every format they have done. winter soldier hasnt been in any(due to him relatively new) so i picked him tho.

Unlike most of you (from the looks of the posts) there are a ton of figures I love in that list. Granted, I am getting into my late 30's so I remember alot of these figures from waaayy back in my comic book days. I don't collect anymore so I don't know who is rolling around the marvel universe right now.

There is so much potential for this list!!! Even if people do not vote for them the sky is the limit. A box set of say 4-6 figures of classic X-men, X-factor, Alpha Flight, New Mutants, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and so on.

Maybe it's just the appeal of new faces in the collection. Hulks, Wolvy's, FF, Spiderman appear in every series produced (because they are popular) but DC has proven the C and D list characters will sell.

I mean c'mon, there are what, a 1000 characters in the marvel universe and wave 1 has 2 versions of the Human Torch?

sorry but who the eff really wants Mj or gwen on there shelf other for some lame goblin death pose or some such :P

I would love to have MJ and Gwen on my shelf. I just didn't pick them in my top 5. The heroes have got to have some norms to save. They would also make great civs that G.I. Joe has to rescue from COBRA. Then, there's all of the custom civs you could make from them, like, locals the guys can pick up, at the bars, off base.

sorry but who the eff really wants Mj or gwen on there shelf other for some lame goblin death pose or some such :P

exactly. I mean, unfortunately, there just aren't that many characters on this list that I even want at all.

Here are the ones that I want and would buy:

Vance Astro

Tigershark

Archangel

Gladiator

Multiple Man

Fantomex

Captain Marvel (if it's a different version, hopefully Genis)

Starlord

Havok

Constrictor (maybe)

Luke Cage

Mystique

Beast

Hellfire Soldiers

Cannonball

Wonderman (not that costume)

Quasar

Captain Britain (not that costume)

Karnak

Dormammu

Winter Soldier

Grim Reaper

Firelord

Baron von Strucker (to go with those awesome Hydra troopers)

The Hood

Storm (not that costume)

Psylocke (not that costume)

Drax

Vindicator

Blizzard

Nighthawk

so that's 31 out of 70 that I have any interest in buying

OK... just to screw with everybody... and maybe get a chuckle or two...

Aunt May

Ben Urich

Foggy Nelson

Molecule Man (why the F not?)

Jarvis

C'mon! Most of them have been in just as many comics as the frickin' heroes!

I would go with Molecule Man just for his Secret Wars ties!!!

I'm more of a Joe fan than a marvel fan, the comics have just completly lost me over the last few years. So my votes are more based on figs i'd want for joe or customs:

winter Solider

Mary Jane

Gwen Stacy

Mystique

Luke Cage

Although my big want is a prof x w/ wheel chair accessory.

OK... just to screw with everybody... and maybe get a chuckle or two...

Aunt May

Ben Urich

Foggy Nelson

Molecule Man (why the F not?)

Jarvis

C'mon! Most of them have been in just as many comics as the frickin' heroes!

I would go with Molecule Man just for his Secret Wars ties!!!

(not to mention he's basically got the power of God!)

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember correctly:

Archangel

Winter Soldier

Havok

Mystique

Mary Jane

I have no problem with the first 3 but I don't see why people want ANOTHER Mystique wearing the same outfit in a smaller scale when we could have gotten a new fig. Mary Jane is the waste of another slot as well.....wow a red head civilian.......I know we all have our favs but I would have rather MJ been a HTS exclusive or something. I will bet my ML Deadpool that she will be the pegwarmer out of whatever wave she comes in.