09 NYCC: Star Trek DS9 Sisko & Defiant Command Chair

Outsiders

Lot of times we are limited to what we can take pictures of... Some companies bring items but don't want pictures taken of the items.

This could have been the case...

Lot of times we are limited to what we can take pictures of... Some companies bring items but don't want pictures taken of the items.

This could have been the case...

No, you did right. You got the pic of the only new item there. I saw other websites that had more, but even then it was not much, and what they had on display was all stuff that's been announced. Only a few figs, some role play items, and I'm guessing a ship or two.

Maybe it's the economy, but I guess I was just used to the displays from years past, and maybe they'll have more to offer at the Toyfair or SDCC.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, looks great! Too bad I already have the first Sisko, and I see no need to duplicate him. But other than that, sure I would have planned on getting it.

Well good news there. BBTS preorder shows a picture of Captain Sisko (bald w/goate) NOT in the Nemesis uniform, but in the original DS9 style uniform. I'll probably buy it either way.

Well.... That's a pisser! With TOS, I had missed out on all the Kirk figs, so the set with him and his chair fit in great. But with TNG, I don't see them redo-ing the whole cast in S1 uniforms, so Picard and Riker would look out of place among the rest. Now here, they have the version of uniform I wanted from the get-go for Sisko, but everyone else is in the later style duds. I guess the good thing here is, judging on the fact that none of the other throne sets have sold out yet, if there's a future for S1 DS9 rehashes, I should be able to come back and get one of these without too much of a problem. Maybe even on clearance!

Well.... That's a pisser! With TOS, I had missed out on all the Kirk figs, so the set with him and his chair fit in great. But with TNG, I don't see them redo-ing the whole cast in S1 uniforms, so Picard and Riker would look out of place among the rest. Now here, they have the version of uniform I wanted from the get-go for Sisko, but everyone else is in the later style duds. I guess the good thing here is, judging on the fact that none of the other throne sets have sold out yet, if there's a future for S1 DS9 rehashes, I should be able to come back and get one of these without too much of a problem. Maybe even on clearance!

Well as for the S1 Picard and Riker...I don't really care if we get the rest of the S1 TNG crew. But I have always wanted a beardless Riker just for the novelty of it. Plus, he technically came with the captain's chair anyway. So that just went to my S7 Picard.

As for the first DS9 uniforms...we're for sure getting both Commander and Captain Sisko plus Worf. If they ever release that Dax that we've seen pictures of, then all we'd need is O'Brien and Bashir. Which could easily be a repainted Sisko body mold. So you may get DS9 the way you like it yet.

Well as for the S1 Picard and Riker...I don't really care if we get the rest of the S1 TNG crew. But I have always wanted a beardless Riker just for the novelty of it. Plus, he technically came with the captain's chair anyway. So that just went to my S7 Picard.

As for the first DS9 uniforms...we're for sure getting both Commander and Captain Sisko plus Worf. If they ever release that Dax that we've seen pictures of, then all we'd need is O'Brien and Bashir. Which could easily be a repainted Sisko body mold. So you may get DS9 the way you like it yet.

And Kira. And I am not about customizing figs, so that's right out. (besides, I'd have to spend the money just the same on the two extra bodies, so that makes it even worse)

It's just that I liked the old uniforms much more than the 'Nemisis'-style, but I guess they went with the same logic that applied to TNG, which worked out for me. Guess you can't have it both ways.