Wolverine Origins Figures at TRU

invisiblewraithbeta

I called my local TRU this past weekend. They told me they had them so I made a flying trip. When I got there I didn't see any at all. I asked and the lady I spoke to hadn't put them out yet. So she brought all she had out and I got to get what I wanted. They had the cartoon, Wolverine origins, and Fury Files. I got Iron Man from the FF line. I picked up Magneto, Wolverine, and Iceman from the cartoon. Then I got the yellow Wolverine, Logan, Gambit, Sabretooth, and Deadpool. I was pretty impressed with those. Plan to go back this weekend to look for the movie versions.

you skipped MAVERICK!?!!?!? he's the second best figure from the line! amazing

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I called my local TRU this past weekend. They told me they had them so I made a flying trip. When I got there I didn't see any at all. I asked and the lady I spoke to hadn't put them out yet. So she brought all she had out and I got to get what I wanted. They had the cartoon, Wolverine origins, and Fury Files. I got Iron Man from the FF line. I picked up Magneto, Wolverine, and Iceman from the cartoon. Then I got the yellow Wolverine, Logan, Gambit, Sabretooth, and Deadpool. I was pretty impressed with those. Plan to go back this weekend to look for the movie versions.

I didn't have a whole lot of cash with me. I plan to get the rest this weekend. Also, has anyone seen the movie figures anywhere? I noticed someone has the movie version of Deadpool. I saw on ebay where a few of the movie figures are showing up. I'm really wanting those, but I refuse to pay $25 plus on ebay. Hope someone can help me with this.

I didn't have a whole lot of cash with me. I plan to get the rest this weekend. Also, has anyone seen the movie figures anywhere? I noticed someone has the movie version of Deadpool. I saw on ebay where a few of the movie figures are showing up. I'm really wanting those, but I refuse to pay $25 plus on ebay. Hope someone can help me with this.

I am just surprised that you picked some of those other figures up instead of Maverick.. I mean you could have skipped other figures that won't be as hard to find, and aren't as good (the cartoon figures and Logan)... Maverick is only one per case..

as for the movie figures, that is wave 2.. they haven't hit everywhere yet. But I wouldn't worry, these aren't really supposed to hit until March 1st... and the movie won't be out for two months.. so you will have plenty of chances to get them

I agree. I think there will be plenty of chances to pick up these figures. All the retailers are on board, and the movie's going to be huge, so they should be plentiful (unless Hasbro has a paint problem like Mattel had with Movie Masters and DCUC).

So, are these going to be out everywhere tomorrow at Toys R Us, Target, etc. since it's the 1st of March? Or do stores that have them in stock wait for a certain day of the week to put them out?

So far I have managed to pick up the whole first wave and I really enjoy them. I found an almost complete set of the animated figures at Walmart yesterday and I enjoy those as well. So far I have enjoyed Hasbro's 3 3/4" scale with the exception of Elephant Man Punisher, Daredevil, and Spider-man. I am mixing and matching these with my SHS and they work well together.

Snagged Deadpool, Maverick and a couple assorted Wolverines at TRU today. No sign of Gambit (and Maverick had been hidden in an overhead bin).

Maverick looks better in person than the promo pics led me to believe, but his complete lack of wrist or forearm articulation makes him a sub-par figure to me. Can't hold a rifle like a rifle to save his life. Deadpool is awesome.

Snagged Deadpool, Maverick and a couple assorted Wolverines at TRU today. No sign of Gambit (and Maverick had been hidden in an overhead bin).

Maverick looks better in person than the promo pics led me to believe, but his complete lack of wrist or forearm articulation makes him a sub-par figure to me. Can't hold a rifle like a rifle to save his life. Deadpool is awesome.

yeah, that sucks big time... but I still really like him

Thats strange about Gambit. I have heard that he is only supposed to be packaged 1 per case as well but I've already seen like 4 or 5 of him in my neck of the woods. I actually picked up 2 for myself. He's a sweet figure overall, in my opinion.

So far I have managed to pick up the whole first wave and I really enjoy them. I found an almost complete set of the animated figures at Walmart yesterday and I enjoy those as well. So far I have enjoyed Hasbro's 3 3/4" scale with the exception of Elephant Man Punisher, Daredevil, and Spider-man. I am mixing and matching these with my SHS and they work well together.

I'm glad that youre enjoying the animated figures but I can't say that I share youre love for them thus far. How can you ( being Hasbro ) give Wolverine claws that he holds in his hands. I just don't understand Hasbro's intension with that one.

I'm glad that youre enjoying the animated figures but I can't say that I share youre love for them thus far. How can you ( being Hasbro ) give Wolverine claws that he holds in his hands. I just don't understand Hasbro's intension with that one.

I guess the removable claws takes me back to my childhood with the Secret Wars figures. I found Colossus and Iceman this morning. Colossus is very cool and Iceman is by far my least favorite from this line.

I guess the removable claws takes me back to my childhood with the Secret Wars figures. I found Colossus and Iceman this morning. Colossus is very cool and Iceman is by far my least favorite from this line.

At least with the Secret Wars Wolverine his claws clipped onto his wrists, though.

At least with the Secret Wars Wolverine his claws clipped onto his wrists, though.

Well, it is nice to get some Wolverine figures without his claws popped out. It is kind of like most Spider-Man figures generally have their hands in the web-shooting pose. I do agree that there could have been another way to do the claws.

I'm still trying to figure out why they haven't put wrist or ankle articulation on Gambit. He REALLY needs the wrist articulation. I've got 6 of the 9 from the first wave and I really like them overall, but I do have a few complaints, mainly about the lack of articulation for some figures wrists, and the terrible ball-joint hips. I guess Hasbro doesn't have to bother with any vehicles for this line, because no one will be able to sit in them. But, these are way better than the DC Infinite Heros, and I'll be getting almost all of the Marvel guys in this scale.

The Wolverine figures look great. I'm looking forward to seeing wave 2. The movie isn't coming out for a couple of months so I'm sure we are going to be seeing a lot of these figures in the near future. I definitely wouldn't resort at Ebay at this point.

The Wolverine figures look great. I'm looking forward to seeing wave 2. The movie isn't coming out for a couple of months so I'm sure we are going to be seeing a lot of these figures in the near future. I definitely wouldn't resort at Ebay at this point.

I agree. I'm sure that we will start to see these in mass quantities very soon. Especially with the success that it sounds like this line is already begining to generate.

I saw these for the first time this morning at Toys R Us. They had yellow-costume Wolverine, Logan, Sabretooth, and Special Agent Wolverine (or whatever he's called). I didn't buy any because they didn't have Deadpool or Weapon X. I was tempted by the yellow Wolverine, though.

They also had the Marvel Universe figures (not all of them, but most). I was also tempted by X-Force Wolverine. He's definitely one of the better looking figures.

And they had the Wolverine and the X-Men figures -- Wolverine (a bunch of him), Colossus, Magneto, Avalanche, Cyclops, and Logan. I was about to get Magneto until I realized he had no leg articulation at the knee. Cyclops looked crappy, but the others looked alright.

Price was $7.99 apiece for all of them.

I was surprised that the Marvel Universe and Wolverine Movie figures aren't build the same, especially at the hip joints. The Wolverine figures are more like the Legends, while the Universe figures are more like GI Joe 25th articulation. I've only seen 1 Wolverine movie fig at a TRU, and some Universe figures at a Kmart, but Target and 2 Walmarts had jack squat. Haven't seen a cartoon figure yet. It's a sad day when K-mart whips your ace in selection. Target, Walmart, and TRU - you should be ashamed. Also, the X-Force Marvel Universe Wolverine looks much nicer in person than the Wolverine movie figures. The eventual repaints will be sweet. You can see the Wolverine with leather jacket at big bad toy store or hasbro toy shop. It's totally sweet.

I guess I'm in the minority here because I saw the Wolverine Origins figures today and couldn't justify getting one. I held onto the Wolvie with white tank top and jeans for a long time......but these are $8.

I don't know. Somewhere down the line, probably when the movie hits, I'll pick up a Wolvie. Mix him with my Joes. I have no doubt they'll be easy to find.

Right next to the Wolverine figs they had some of the Wolverine and the X-Men figures....now those look really bad. I just have very little interest in an all new scale of guys I all ready have in 6''. On the plus side, they are slightly better than the DC 3 3/4'' attempts.