Where are they selling the watchmen figures?!?!?

ChopperMonsterPoint

Im waiting for The Comedian figure...

Apparently he doesnt come with a shotgun :huh:

Hay bud I just wanted to update you on the Comedian gun situation. YES he does come with 2 hand guns. Watchmen figs are packaged in a peg box like the ones used in the Alex Ross Justice series. Comedian's guns are far off to each side of the box in the front. but they are mot def there & even have the Watchmen Smily logo on each of them. They are great! Oh yeah my 1st variant is on the way so for now the good people of NJ are safe....................for now LOL!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up all of wave 2 today... great figures. I passed on the Comedian variant though; it was $30 by itself and I just dropped $120 on the 1:6 scale Comedian (which is amazing btw). To me it just isn't worth it when the only difference is no mask and a barely noticeable different in hair and mustache...

Am I the only one that would LOVE to see another wave or two of the comic versions?

What's that you say, another wave? I got two words for that......HELL & YES! You know the very 1st thing I can drop to my knees & thank God about this movie being R rated is that Mattel won't touch an R rated film with a 10 foot pole!

That mean we collectors can relax (to a small degree) & just shop for our beloved figs with out all the lies of why can't we find them, or what's wrong with the distributor? DCD has been good to its faithfull collectors like my (over 500 MOC figs & still counting), & for that I gotta say thank you DC Direct!!!

What's that you say, another wave? I got two words for that......HELL & YES! You know the very 1st thing I can drop to my knees & thank God about this movie being R rated is that Mattel won't touch an R rated film with a 10 foot pole!

That mean we collectors can relax (to a small degree) & just shop for our beloved figs with out all the lies of why can't we find them, or what's wrong with the distributor? DCD has been good to its faithfull collectors like my (over 500 MOC figs & still counting), & for that I gotta say thank you DC Direct!!!

Ummm... Have you tried pre-ordering what you'd like from your LCS? I only bring that up because I have never had a problem getting anything from DCD through them. I simply print out what I want and bring it to them to order, and when it comes out (despite the original posted release date!) I pick it up.

I only ask, because it sounds like people simply 'expect' these figs to just 'show up' at every LCS. I've been doing this for many years now, and I can surely say that is NOT the case.

So, if you want something, pre-order it. My LCS does not charge a deposit because I do it all the time. Your situation may be different. But I would not have half of my DCD collection if I went on the sole hope I could find items as they were released. They'll only order what they know they can sell.

I think you miss understood me Ares6009. I TOTALY AGREE that DCD does an absolutly incrediable job at distrobution. I was saying that I am EXTREAMLY HAPPY that Watchmen is R rated, which mean Mattle won't put there grubby mits on the line. No child viewers equals No children wanting Watchmen figs.

& now the show down beguins!! I can't wait to see how much Watchmen bring down in both movie sales, dvd/Blue Ray sales/ merchandising. At last we collectors can see just how a movie geared for us will fair against a toy line where rug rats only think they want the toy (that is until its free from its packageing). Once the luster of kiddie toys fades the child chucks it very quick.

BUT with Watchmen, grown adults like me with wallets briming with credit & debit cards, all wanting & DEMANDING more figs (mind you as long as the quality remains high), collectors like me will for ever be in demand of "cult classic" toys & memorbilia.

so how's the dr.manhattan figure, i'm going to toys r us when they restock to look for one.......by the way when does tru restock???

Well I won't speak for all the TRUs, but the ones here in the south Jersey area they restock on thursdays. Meaning as I'm typeing this post, TRUs are unloading trucks all across america. So if I were you, i'd be at your local TRU at 10:00am sharp!.....................no wait I take that back, I would never shop for stuff like this at TRU. they are chargeing one or two bucks more than LCS. is there a reason you can't get or order yours from your LCS?

Well in any case Dr. Manhattan IS TOTALY WICKED! His sculpt is the limit. Oh yeah if your a "POA junkie" then this is not the toy for you. Its best to treat these figs as 6" PVC style figs w/occaisional articulation.

But for all us DCD fan boys & gals this should be NO PROBLEM!

Hay ya'll check it out right. So I get home & hang up all my series 2 Watchmen next to series1. Well there all hung in a perfect straight line across MOC. But as I look at Dr. Manhattan in compairison to all the rest, I'm starting to wonder if he is just a tad too small.

From the TV trailers he looks like he's atleast 6'5". I don't know if it just looks that way because he's levitating or what. But do any of you think Dr. Manhattan is too small?

I'm still waiting on series one to arrive to me from BBTS. My LCS was carrying series one but they were way more expensive than they were online. I'm going to try to go to mine today and see if any of series two is there. But if its not I'm not ordering them from LCS. Several comic shops in my area has come and gone and a lot of them have a bad habit of taking all the money of customers who order from them and not deliver the product as they go out of business. Pretty crappy sales practice. If you ask me.

I think you miss understood my Ares6009. I TOTALY AGREE that DCD does an absolutly incrediable job at distrobution. I was saying that I am EXTREAMLY HAPPY that Watchmen is R rated, which mean Mattle won't put there grubby mits on the line. No child viewers equals No children wanting Watchmen figs.

quote]

Huh. No idea what I was thinking! Well, I do know what I was thinking, but no idea what brought it on. Oh, well! @loll@

Hay ya'll check it out right. So I get home & hang up all my series 2 Watchmen next to series1. Well there all hung in a perfect straight line across MOC. But as I look at Dr. Manhattan in compairison to all the rest, I'm starting to wonder if he is just a tad too small.

From the TV trailers he looks like he's atleast 6'5". I don't know if it just looks that way because he's levitating or what. But do any of you think Dr. Manhattan is too small?

yeah i know what you mean, from the book he was easily 6'5, from what i've seen from the movie trailers when he's standing with sik specture ll he looks to be the same height as the actor that plays him, kinda sucks but not that bad

Still a cool figure either way. Picked him and Comedian old style up today. The variant was there but didn't appeal to me all that much for some reason. Later on I think I'll go back and get a Nite Owl classic. But I can't wait for series one to ship to me.

I'm still waiting on series one to arrive to me from BBTS. My LCS was carrying series one but they were way more expensive than they were online. I'm going to try to go to mine today and see if any of series two is there. But if its not I'm not ordering them from LCS. Several comic shops in my area has come and gone and a lot of them have a bad habit of taking all the money of customers who order from them and not deliver the product as they go out of business. Pretty crappy sales practice. If you ask me.

Well if there just takeing your money and not giving it back, and not coming through on he goods, then suga its more than just crappy ITS ILLEGAL!!! CALL THE EFFING POLICE. @redalert@

So I had been hearing all this buzz and hype over 1:6 Comedian right. WELL let me tell YOU!! UPS just droped off my BBTS delivery, and people this thing is FREAKING INCREDIBLE!! People I think we might be looking at the next "GL" of the 1:6 DCD world. This is not some lame ass plug, but if you've been on the fence about getting this, then suggest you get your booty off that fence ASAP. Because this thing is gonna go FAST FAST FAST! And lets not even talk about getting it once the movie (depending its not a flop) opens.

OMG I don't know where to beguin with this toy. DCD realy poured tons of love and care in to this one. The faux leather pants, ive seen faux leather toy stuff before like was'nt Black Canary's jacket faux leaather? Any way EVERYTHING is so flippin detailed on this figure. the guns each have the smiley logo and extreamly authentic looking. matter of fact they look so good im starting to reconsider that prop Comedian gun display (but who am I kidding, my cash is stretched to the max as it is).

His Boots have a well worn rugged look to them, very manly and cool. And the way he clintches his cigar in his mouth is also very sexy and manly. His Face sculpt is very near perfect. As a matter of fact I just told my room mate that this fig is almost near Hot Toy quality. His face sports a 5 O'Clock shadow, and his face scar is dead on to the money. Its true DCD asked for a liil more in trems of money, but its great to see that it was well worth it. DCD did'nt just jack up prices and run off laughing all the way to the bank. They actualy dumped the money back in to the production of the figure, and again I want to say THANK YOU DCD for taking care of your people right.

NOW GO KICK MATTLE'S SORRY ASS!!!!!

Well if there just takeing your money and not giving it back, and not coming through on he goods, then suga its more than just crappy ITS ILLEGAL!!! CALL THE EFFING POLICE. @redalert@

I was lucky I wasn't one of the people that got scammed in that. See the store filed bankruptcy after taking the money so legally its a gray area. The BBB was called in but since they were under bankruptcy protection there was nothing that could be done and the people were unable to get there cash back. I was just kind of pissed b/c I shopped there and bought a ton of crap and then find out they treated a lot of loyal customers like crap when they do something like run off with the cash.

I was lucky I wasn't one of the people that got scammed in that. See the store filed bankruptcy after taking the money so legally its a gray area. The BBB was called in but since they were under bankruptcy protection there was nothing that could be done and the people were unable to get there cash back. I was just kind of pissed b/c I shopped there and bought a ton of crap and then find out they treated a lot of loyal customers like crap when they do something like run off with the cash.

OH LIKE HELL!! I would have knocked his entire front grill down his throat and told him to go and buy some new teeth on me @fight@

OH LIKE HELL!! I would have knocked his entire front grill down his throat and told him to go and buy some new teeth on me @fight@

You and several others lol. The whole thing wasn't popular to say the least but that store is gone now and sold a bunch of stuff at auction to help pay some debts. I don't know if they ever settled with the customers. Last I heard it was no. But the current LCS I go to is better and seems to not be in financial ruin so that is a plus. I bought two Watchmen figures today but even still I'm not going to order from them just on the off chance they go greedy on the customers.

Got my 7 inch Comedian figure today...

Its pretty awesome!

Im still confused about the lack of a shotgun...

He has shotgun shells on his back...perhaps they got rid of it at the last moment @drsuez@

holy crap the staff at my tru sucks, i first called to see if they had dr.manhattan and they had no clue what i was talking about, they even checked for me and i gave them the description of him, i said a blue man of the the watchmen figures, they said they didn't have him, so today i go there since i new better and they had him, man he's a cool figure, next i want to get the comedian, they had him too but i think i'll wait for my lcs to call me back when they finally gets them in, plus it'll be less expensive, i hope ^_^

they are avaible at hot topic and spencers for sure...its just that comic shops will get them first...and yes TRU does get some DCD now, as seen with some DV and WOW figs, so dont ever say never. if they are online im sure they will get them as well...these arenot hard to find, even on the internet they seem reasonable...DCD makes even cases so usually not a "chase" fig and you can get your whole collection pretty easily...

they are avaible at hot topic and spencers for sure...its just that comic shops will get them first...and yes TRU does get some DCD now, as seen with some DV and WOW figs, so dont ever say never. if they are online im sure they will get them as well...these arenot hard to find, even on the internet they seem reasonable...DCD makes even cases so usually not a "chase" fig and you can get your whole collection pretty easily...

lol every place you named has them except my lcs, the guy said for some reason they're talking forever to arrive at his shop, i'm gonna wait cuz he seemed nice and is going to call me when they have them so it would be effed up if i don't buy ONE from him B)

lol every place you named has them except my lcs, the guy said for some reason they're talking forever to arrive at his shop, i'm gonna wait cuz he seemed nice and is going to call me when they have them so it would be effed up if i don't buy ONE from him B)

Chopper honey be carful, don't wait to long to get your collection together. Once the movie opens you can best be sure that supply is gonna get some what short. And I got a feeling that Comedian is gonna be one of the fans favs. So if I were you, I'd buy the TRU Comedian and save the reciept. If and when your LCS gets their figs in you can simply return you fig. I just don't want you to miss out. ;)

Chopper honey be carful, don't wait to long to get your collection together. Once the movie opens you can best be sure that supply is gonna get some what short. And I got a feeling that Comedian is gonna be one of the fans favs. So if I were you, I'd buy the TRU Comedian and save the reciept. If and when your LCS gets their figs in you can simply return you fig. I just don't want you to miss out. ;)

thats a good idea