Where are they selling the watchmen figures?!?!?

ChopperMonsterPoint

they are avaible at hot topic and spencers for sure...its just that comic shops will get them first...and yes TRU does get some DCD now, as seen with some DV and WOW figs, so dont ever say never. if they are online im sure they will get them as well...these arenot hard to find, even on the internet they seem reasonable...DCD makes even cases so usually not a "chase" fig and you can get your whole collection pretty easily...

lol every place you named has them except my lcs, the guy said for some reason they're talking forever to arrive at his shop, i'm gonna wait cuz he seemed nice and is going to call me when they have them so it would be effed up if i don't buy ONE from him B)

Chopper honey be carful, don't wait to long to get your collection together. Once the movie opens you can best be sure that supply is gonna get some what short. And I got a feeling that Comedian is gonna be one of the fans favs. So if I were you, I'd buy the TRU Comedian and save the reciept. If and when your LCS gets their figs in you can simply return you fig. I just don't want you to miss out. ;)

yeah i just bought the comedian from tru, he's still in the box in my closet with the receipt, if my lcs guy takes too long then i might just keep it

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So got a shipping notice from BBTS for Watchmen series one late last week. Tracked it tonight and my first set will arrive tuesday. So that makes me...excited as all hell. I'm trying to decide if I want the og Nite Owl, Sally Jupiter, and variant Comedian. I have old scarred Comedian (my fave from the book) but that old Nite Owl looks cool.

after Friday, these figures are going to be impossible to find. That's just my prediction, of course.

But the 1:6 Rorschach will be the one that everyone wants.

I got my 6" Comedian variant to day from BBTS. he looks great! not only does he not have his mask on but he not smokeing his cigar either. So all I need now is my translisent Dr. Manhatten, unmasked Rorschach, and 1:6 Rorschach. Then i'll be all complete until they release a new figure line up, and I got a feeling that will heavly depend on box office numbers.

Ive been hearing that the movie has been getting mix reviews. I dare not pop over to the discussion thread for fear of spoilers, but Im realy hopeing that the nay sayers are just unacustom to "out of the box thinking" movies and are the type of movie go'er that is heavly dependant on being "spoon fead" the information in order to make sence of it all. The way I see it, if i can make sence of and follow a movie like "The Naked Lunch", then i should be good if Watchmen turns out to be an action/cerebal film.

I got my 6" Comedian variant to day from BBTS. he looks great! not only does he not have his mask on but he not smokeing his cigar either. So all I need now is my translisent Dr. Manhatten, unmasked Rorschach, and 1:6 Rorschach. Then i'll be all complete until they release a new figure line up, and I got a feeling that will heavly depend on box office numbers.

Ive been hearing that the movie has been getting mix reviews. I dare not pop over to the discussion thread for fear of spoilers, but Im realy hopeing that the nay sayers are just unacustom to "out of the box thinking" movies and are the type of movie go'er that is heavly dependant on being "spoon fead" the information in order to make sence of it all. The way I see it, if i can make sence of and follow a movie like "The Naked Lunch", then i should be good if Watchmen turns out to be an action/cerebal film.

if you have read the TPB, i doubt you need to fear spoilers.

if you have read the TPB, i doubt you need to fear spoilers.

"TPB"?? Sorry, but some times i can be a lil thick. what is that?

trade paperback

IMO, TPB (which is a term used to describe a series of comicbooks complied into one collection) is a more accurate word for the watchmen graphic novel because the comic series was originaly a 12 month comic series and not an actual graphic novel as in the four part Dark Knight Returns.

trade paperback

got'cha! you know what. i have had the absolute edt for quite some time now but have been scared to read it. You know that whole "the book was better than the movie" thing. I just want to beable to enjoy the film all for what it worth and give a fair unbias review of it. i feel i can do this better if im "ignorant" to all the lil tid bits that happens in the "TPB" that most likely wont make it to the film. how ever the director did say he and the screen writers did there damnedest to stay as true to the comic as possible (which is why the thing is 161 mins long) YIKES, bring your hemiroid cream LOL.

trade paperback

got'cha! you know what. i have had the absolute edt for quite some time now but have been scared to read it. You know that whole "the book was better than the movie" thing. I just want to beable to enjoy the film all for what it worth and give a fair unbias review of it. i feel i can do this better if im "ignorant" to all the lil tid bits that happens in the "TPB" that most likely wont make it to the film. how ever the director did say he and the screen writers did there damnedest to stay as true to the comic as possible (which is why the thing is 161 mins long) YIKES, bring your hemiroid cream LOL.

Tryin not to spoil things, the movie is faithful to the tpb except one part, which l can understand a rewrite, but they changed it in a way which made a lot of those who read the original tpb mad.

trade paperback

Tryin not to spoil things, the movie is faithful to the tpb except one part, which l can understand a rewrite, but they changed it in a way which made a lot of those who read the original tpb mad.

my point exactly. i'm tryin to avoid that very pit fall.

trade paperback

my point exactly. i'm tryin to avoid that very pit fall.

Hahah I know what part you are referring to and Queen if you wait till after the movie to read the book I'm curious to hear your opinion on what is changed. And trust me you will know what part we are referring to.

Got my first series in the mail last night from BBTS and they are awesome. I'm really glad they are finally here. Nite Owl is amazing look and Rorschach is a just generally creepy.

Toyrus will have an exclusive Prisoner Rorschach figure available starting tommorow. It will be the series 1 Dc direct figure but with an unmasked head featuring a brusied face. He will also come with a name plate that has his real name and prisoner number on it that goes around his neck. The teaser image is up at thier site.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3382481

Toyrus will have an exclusive Prisoner Rorschach figure available starting tommorow. It will be the series 1 Dc direct figure but with an unmasked head featuring a brusied face. He will also come with a name plate that has his real name and prisoner number on it that goes around his neck. The teaser image is up at thier site.

Its not really a TRU exclusive. They sell him on BBTS, CMD Store, and MidTown Comics. Idk who told them they were getting exclusive rights to him but even LCS are mostly likely going to get that figure especially if MidTown is getting it.

Its not really a TRU exclusive. They sell him on BBTS, CMD Store, and MidTown Comics. Idk who told them they were getting exclusive rights to him but even LCS are mostly likely going to get that figure especially if MidTown is getting it.

Would you recommend one to pre-order it? I've not heard about this figure from my LCS. Picked up transluscent Doc Manhattan today, btw.

Found a pic of the Rorschach from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Watchmen-Rorschach...93%3A1|294%3A50

Neat-o! What's that silver circle sticker on the bottom-right? I can't make it out...

Kind of unfair to the limited-to-5,000 variant. I imagine it will be the same thing, minus the nameplate...but at least it will have that pretty yellow sticker. :D

Would you recommend one to pre-order it? I've not heard about this figure from my LCS. Picked up transluscent Doc Manhattan today, btw.

Sure I recommend Bigbadtoystore.com (BBTS), Midtowncomics.com is pretty good but BBTS is prolly the best. If your LCS isn't getting him go ahead and order from one of the ones I mentioned.

Question: is the comedian figure suppose to come with two pairs of changeable hands, my figure has the hands in the gun holding pose but on the back pic i can clearly see his hands are clenched, i checked the box and there's no other hands

The change was scrapped as far as I know. I have the figure and I saw no extra hands either.

Question: is the comedian figure suppose to come with two pairs of changeable hands, my figure has the hands in the gun holding pose but on the back pic i can clearly see his hands are clenched, i checked the box and there's no other hands

The change was scrapped as far as I know. I have the figure and I saw no extra hands either.

no need for them.