Where are they selling the watchmen figures?!?!?

ChopperMonsterPoint

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard they've been selling in comic shops but i don't have any close to my area, so will they be selling them in mainstream places like walmart or target???

I doubt they'll be available in Walmarts or Targets. I found mine at a comic store. TRU.com has some up for preorder. That's all I know about them.

you guys are starting to make me nervious & confused. I'm nervious because I've never had any problem getting my hands on any of my DCD when they get released. from what I'm able to gather a lot of people in the rooms here don't care that much for DCD, sighting reasons of scale & lack of POA. I'm worried that when wave 2 finaly comes out with the variant classic uniform Watchmen they'll be hard to get

& I'm confused because I thought all you guys were all in grossed in DCUC! I just don't wanna miss out. I'm a hard core DCD fan. I've got over 500 figs.

oh yeah & to answer the question, NO DCD is never sold in retail stores (well almost never there was that time Dark Victory turned up in TRU). you should order off line if you don't have a LCS in your area. Also if you want wave one i'd be more than happy to help out a fellow collector. My LCS sells them for $15 each & there are 4 figs in the wave. NJ has 7% sales tax (but my guy gives me a 10% discount). I estimate the s&h with insurance should cost about $12 or less.

Feel free to check my refferances with forum member that I've traded & sold too. they are: Pooda & Nonameshmo.

pm me if your interested.

Hey SupremeQueen,

I think you are a bit confused about the Watchmen.

The variants are not a "wave" unto themselves...They are being sold individually. Flashback Comedian will be first on Feb. 11. Translucent Dr. Manhattan will be coming out Feb. 23rd. and the Unmasked Rorschach comes out on March 11th (after the movie comes out).

Assortment 2 with Classic Nite Owl, Classic Silk Spectre, Comedian and the regular Dr. Manhattan comes out on Feb. 25th.

Make sure your LCS has actually ordered the variant figures. My guy didn't order them because he felt like he'd already ordered these characters. THEY ARE NOT JUST AUTOMATICALLY SHIPPED...these are separate figures, ordered and shipped separately. These variants are limited to "only 5,000" pieces each, worldwide. I had to order them from another store where I was told that Diamond is stating that "allocations may occur," which basically means that Diamond can screw over people by not totally filling their orders. Also, the guy I ordered them from said that he cannot guarantee what the price my be (which means that he can set whatever price he wants to on these...grrrrrr).

Hey SupremeQueen,

The variants are not a "wave" unto themselves...They are being sold individually. Flashback Comedian will be first on Feb. 11. Translucent Dr. Manhattan will be coming out Feb. 23rd. and the Unmasked Rorschach comes out on March 11th (after the movie comes out).

Assortment 2 with Classic Nite Owl, Classic Silk Spectre, Comedian and the regular Dr. Manhattan comes out on Feb. 25th.

Make sure your LCS has actually ordered the variant figures. My guy didn't order them because he felt like he'd already ordered these characters. THEY ARE NOT JUST AUTOMATICALLY SHIPPED...these are separate figures, ordered and shipped separately. These variants are limited to "only 5,000" pieces each, worldwide. I had to order them from another store where I was told that Diamond is stating that "allocations may occur," which basically means that Diamond can screw over people by not totally filling their orders. Also, the guy I ordered them from said that he cannot guarantee what the price my be (which means that he can set whatever price he wants to on these...grrrrrr).

HOOO.....LEEE.........SH*T!!! :o #WTF# @doh@ Your kidding me?! NO your not kidding are you. bastard! People if I don't get my variants your gonna hear about a man in the south NJ area (in a stunning cocktail dress no less), climb a clock tower and take out the town. @twisted@ @pun@ @firedevil@ @Jason1@

I am supremequeen.......................I shall not be denied. Oh yeah thanks for setting me straight Muppet, other wise i would have been ass out in the wind.

Not to make fun of your plight, but you're not going to get anywhere on a clock tower by firing guns akimbo. Get an automatic at least. ;)

That said, I'll get these online. I'll bet TRU gets them. If they could sell Doctor Who figures in the middle of Dearborn, MI, and sell some, then I'm guessing they'll take a chance on a comic book property.

Not to make fun of your plight, but you're not going to get anywhere on a clock tower by firing guns akimbo. Get an automatic at least. ;)

That said, I'll get these online. I'll bet TRU gets them. If they could sell Doctor Who figures in the middle of Dearborn, MI, and sell some, then I'm guessing they'll take a chance on a comic book property.

I would have said that I would have been seriously surprised to see Watchmen figs in TRU especially given that it is an R rated movie and that TRU hardly ever get DCD figures but the figs are online so who knows. They aren't grouped together and I think I'll buy mine online as well but grouped together. They end up being too expensive by themselves.

so these figures are more like mini statue right, cuz i saw a review on the rorschach figure and his legs are stuck in that same pose and can't be moved, sucks, do the other figures have better articulation?

The other figs have way better articulation...well at least better than rorschach. I have him and Nite Owl and Nite Owl has better legs, but it's not much of an improvement

Hey SupremeQueen,

I REALLY appreciate this info, mang. My LCS guy had no idea when I mentioned these variants. He kept telling me about Series 2, no matter how much I elaborated on the fact that Comedian is due in three days. :( Where can I quick-order these, to guarantee them in my collection? I cannot slip on these...

Im waiting for The Comedian figure...

Apparently he doesnt come with a shotgun :huh:

what makes you say that? I'm almost sure that in the item discription they said he comes with that big ass gun of his. hole on, let me pop over to BBTS & DC DIRECT & see if I can't get some claification. BRB yall.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah i finally found them at hot topic, thanks for the heads up Wolverine042, i got rorschach, didn't open him yet, tomorrow i'm getting nite owl if they still have him

Just a heads up to any Watchmen figure fans on this board. Toys R Us' are starting to carry the line and have even in some places received series 2! On another forum someone bought Dr. Manhattan and he comes with a regular set of standing legs and another set of his levitating legs. I'll probably get him and Comedian and I'm driving about an hour away for work tomorrow so if I find something I'll post pics

I FINALLY found Comedian variants in my neighborhood comic shops. (people, if you still need him, today is a good day to call your LCS)

I want to know why these variants keep getting delayed. Transluscent Doc Manhattan was due out today, but nobody has him. What's the point of giving them a release date?

I FINALLY found Comedian variants in my neighborhood comic shops. (people, if you still need him, today is a good day to call your LCS)

I want to know why these variants keep getting delayed. Transluscent Doc Manhattan was due out today, but nobody has him. What's the point of giving them a release date?

Now wait a second! I understand that the veriants got delayed a few days, BIG DEAL! I'm not snapping on you bud, but I do feel the need to defend my beloved DCD. DCD has been AWSOME interms of availabilty & puctuality. Just because they hit a slight bump in the road doesn't mean they've gone south like DCUC. a few days delay is nothing compaired to the crap DCUC puts its customers through.

but I'm glad you got it, mine is on the way from BBTS.

My TRU DOES have Watchmen movie figures. Not only that...they had one series 2 classic Night Owl figure among two pegs full of series one. Didn't know those were out yet. I think they were going for $16.99.

I just saw them in a TrU near me, as well. Same price. Thing is, none of the TrUs around me have ever had DC Direct product actually on the pegs, so this is new to me. I'd get a better price at my LCS, but it's kinda nice to see them making it into the mainline stores. I suspect it's only because no one else has any kind of Watchmen merch yet, so I wouldn't expect other DCD figs to show up, but who knows?