G.I.Joe: Rise Of Cobra Movie Clip Online

punishment-101

I dont care what people say Im going to watch that movie and take it for what it is, and the two people in the silver suits not the ones jumping thru the bus, because I cant tell if they are the same two people, but the one spinning, I hear that is Duke and Ripcord, in those suits, anyway take it for what its worth, you may be talking crap now and you know who you are, but you and I know that as a kid we would have taken any live action movie if it was GIJOE, so try and remember what it was like then, try to go into it with that childlike wonder and try to enjoy yourself, Im going to take my three boys and Im going to watch the reaction on their faces and have a good time and not knitpick the crap out of this movie like some of you would do.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes ya wonder if its even the same movie that we've been talkin about

Or maybe some people were taking what little was known, and what they had to guess at, or what was rumoured all out of proportion.

Exactly. Even with this trailer, we still have VERY little to go on.

I disagree to a point, and I'll explain why:

Bear in mind that I have ASSUMPTIONS and guesses about the trailer here--so take the following with a grain of salt.

I've stop-framed the entire trailer a few times now, so I have a good idea of all the shots therein.

Now, I can only guess at the story points here, so I might be wrong about some things. One of the bits that stood out for me was the bit with the Eiffel Tower, the exo-suited "Joes" and the gymnastics in the streets to avoid the missile fire.

My own story sense says this will be an early sequence in the film. I think that because the destruction of a major landmark is a set-up for motivations later on. Putting the destruction of the tower near the start signals the stacking of the deck--the revelation of the building conflict.

It MIGHT be a result of something in the climax of the film, that the Joes fail to stop such an attack as a set-up for the second film, BUT.......that tends to go against the grain of how modern films often work. Frankly, not many people outside of France are going give a hoot that the Eiffel Tower falls due to terrorist action--so placing it as the climactic event in a movie makes little sense to me.

The exo suit stuff APPEARS to also take place in Paris--because of the low-rise European style architecture.

Now.......what are the two suited guys doing?

They are jumping at and crashing into a commuter train, also in Paris.

This is what is called a "tubular assault" in Counter terror tactics. Usually the assault is made by dropping assault teams from a helicopter onto the moving vehicle.

Its a tough thing to pull off because its so easy to spot the assaulters.

But.........if you have technology that allows you to make a surprise attack AND survive the attempt, then a exosuit and smashing. through the windows of the moving train is how it'd probably be done.

Going THROUGH the windows is a classic entry method of tubular assaults, so the action shown jibes with that.

I ASSUME that once they are on board the train, they'll promptly drop some terrorists holding the passengers and train hostage. I have to ASSUME they are Joes, because later on they are avoiding missile fire in the street, its probably safe assume the heroes are not stupid enough to carelessly fire missiles in a urban setting like that.

Now, what does that say?

Well, it tells me there's something thinking behind the "military fantasy"--which is where GIJOE really can shine. The use of technology to enhance tactics is where the best fantasy elements have always come from inb the toy-line, and I think the movie is reflecting that.

The underwater shot tells me there's a spectacular set-piece taking place in that environment, the Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow shots say they will have some kind of clash--probably at the climax.

Detsro having words with Hawk says there's obviously some kind of build up of confrontation between the two forces, and the group money-shot in the PITT tells me they are going to play up the visual candy.

I see spectacle, I see conflicts established, I see action bits that look interesting.

It could all work well if the story plays out smartly.

It could say some things that might go against the fans grain, but in the end, I don't think that will matter very much.

The big question is whether or not the story gets stupid anywhere, or if the concepts proposed become so out-to-lunch that they just bounce off the audiences collective skulls. I do not get that sense with the footage though, as it reads like a straightforward action-adventure military fantasy romp.

Which, IMO, is all it needs to be.

I don't see how that exactly counters what I sad about having very little go on ;)

You yourself said it was speculation based on what you saw in the trailer. Lets not forget it is also not uncommon to have scenes in a movie trailer that get cut from the final movie. I've seen that a few times.

Were the Joes always that...acrobatic?

Fairly sure the guys jumping into the train and doing the matrix moves in the street are Destro's troops. I didn't see the Joes doing all that much of anything in the trailer outside of Snake Eyes.

Still don't get why they didn't color code the Joes uniforms. Would it have been so awful to put a little yellow and green on Scarlett? Or green on Duke? Hell, I would have taken all of the Joes in camo. Why are 75% of the movies characters wearing black? I get the feeling that this is going to look like transformers, in the fight scenes you'll have trouble telling the good guys from the bad.

Louis

That doesn't matter, want me to rephrase? Since when are the Joes and Cobras that acrobatic?

75% of the characters AREN'T wearing black. I saw them in "normal" uniforms too. What trailer were you watching? Not to mention it was only 30 seconds from a 2 hour movie.

All I have to say is that I've been waiting a long long time for a GI Joe movie like this and if the whole movie is half as good as the special effects on this preview, we're all gonna have to be pryed out of our local theater's seats and given CPR. -- YO JOE!!! -- #US1#

I guess this would be consided spoilerish though I think its become fairly common knowledge, but hightlight anyway below if you want to read.

It's my understanding they have these special body suits that give them somewhat superhuman type abilities to run really fast and jump really high, which if you ask me is kinda lame.

Nah, JayC--I think its a logical extension of proposed/in-development real-world tech. Its used dramatically in the story, which is probably its only "flaw"--but using it in the manner shown makes sense to me.

And to add in JayC, to be honest, I've heard that the military has been working on similar tech for soilders for a long time, at least as far back as 2001, so that it can help the soilders out in the way that you've discribed in your spoiler. Even when the 2008 Iron Man movie came out, I seem to recall hearing about the topic again either in a newspaper, or on something like Yahoo! News.

I just realized.

The movie has given us our newest sub-group/specialty team. Move over Tiger Force. Beat it Night Force. Buzz off Sky Patrol. There's a new team in town...........

GI JOE: PARKOUR PATROL!!!!

All the city hopping madness you can handle!!! @loll@

Sorry, it just struck me, and I couldn't resist.

Oh, and Destro, a Scottish Laird with a Scottish accent?!? Who's crazy idea was that? @loll@

I guess this would be consided spoilerish though I think its become fairly common knowledge, but hightlight anyway below if you want to read.

It's my understanding they have these special body suits that give them somewhat superhuman type abilities to run really fast and jump really high, which if you ask me is kinda lame.

Nah, JayC--I think its a logical extension of proposed/in-development real-world tech. Its used dramatically in the story, which is probably its only "flaw"--but using it in the manner shown makes sense to me.

And to add in JayC, to be honest, I've heard that the military has been working on similar tech for soilders for a long time, at least as far back as 2001, so that it can help the soilders out in the way that you've discribed in your spoiler. Even when the 2008 Iron Man movie came out, I seem to recall hearing about the topic again either in a newspaper, or on something like Yahoo! News.

but i'm sure there would be smaller steps in this first, and they wouldn't have the soliders not wearing a helmet would they? I would also guess they would paint them in camo. This could have been done in a more realistic way.

I think people are forgetting that good trailers to always equate to good movies, at best your getting an idea of how pretty it will be, i've never doubted that it would be graphically appealing with action and explosions.

No, I think given the exceptionally poor buzz and poisonous word of mouth that the film was getting among collector circles prior to this, the fact that the movie doesn't look like an episode of the first season of Power Rangers with G.I. Joe dialogue dubbed in is a pleasant surprise for many.

A good 15 seconds.

Enough to put all fears to rest? Nope.

Exactly, it still looks like Generic Action Movie number #72..........Snake-Eyes is the only thing that let me know that it was a GI Joe movie. It has potential........but I'm still not sold......it really doesn't matter if they sell us.....they already have all of our 8-10 bucks. But to the average person this just looks like another action movie......nothing special. Those aren't GI Joe's..........also those Tech suits look a little like Wraith?

I dont care what people say Im going to watch that movie and take it for what it is, and the two people in the silver suits not the ones jumping thru the bus, because I cant tell if they are the same two people, but the one spinning, I hear that is Duke and Ripcord, in those suits, anyway take it for what its worth, you may be talking crap now and you know who you are, but you and I know that as a kid we would have taken any live action movie if it was GIJOE, so try and remember what it was like then, try to go into it with that childlike wonder and try to enjoy yourself, Im going to take my three boys and Im going to watch the reaction on their faces and have a good time and not knitpick the crap out of this movie like some of you would do.

#US1# I agree whole heartedly! this movie's gonna kick so much ass. its gonna create new generation of GIJOE fans for teens and young children! the toyline will continue on a new age and exspand. my only fears -GIJOE fangirls creating ripcord/duke slash fanfics and fanart...and if you dunno what slash is.....well...some fangirls like to make prime and starscream a gay couple LOL @loll@ its hilarious at what slash things they do. like ironhide/ratchet jazz/prowl sunstreaker/sideswipe dinobot/rat trap and waspinator and terrorsaur... but besides that - new blood. new fans that hasbro need to keep things rolling. 0w0

I think Cobra Commander is going to be in the shadows playing the puppet master role in the movie. We probably won't see him for more than a couple of minutes.

The trailer looks interesting. I don't mind that the movie looks totally different from the old school cartoons. Transformers went that route and it did well enough that Transformers fans got all sorts of cool non-movie toys (TF Animated, Classics) later down the line. So hopefully this movie will do the same for GI Joe toys. #US1#

PharmV

This looks terrible.

Given all of the advance inside info I've been aware of, I've been pretty pessimistic about this film. This preview has done nothing to change my mind.

I am a little surprised at how at this point people have not wised up and become skeptical at how ANYTHING can be clipped, editted and packaged to look and sound good in a trailer.

As I said, this looks terrible. I expect it will make a fortune.

I just saw the Transformers 2 trailer............anyone else think that this summer will be ruled by the Autobots and Decepticons??? I know it comes out in August.......but still. Transformers 2 looks pretty heavy, and EVERYONE I know is excited for Transformers 2.......even my grandfather (81) is excited for the second one.

GI Joe may get lost in the fog.........of Transformers awesomeness.

This just in: the gi joe tag line will be removed as it was a ruse. The real name of the movie has been revealed to be :

Team america world police: the sequal.

At the end of the movie, We will see cobra commander remove his mask to reveal that he is Kim Jong Il.

Also red white and blue will be added to the super suits via cgi.

Need proof?

They are americans fighting terrorism across the world.

A world monument gets destroyed.

The super suits are actually being manipulated via strings to make them look like they are doing things not humanly possible.

Now that that has been established I could see this movie.

I promise I will never die. I hope the micheal bay sucks song is in this one too!! @firedevil@

BTW I do see the resemblance in the super suits to Wraith. How quiant.

Maybe thats a plot line, and cobra steals the suits for their own and they fight in thier original garb. Brilliant!! But there can be only 1 wraith. What gives?