G.I.Joe: Rise Of Cobra Movie Clip Online

punishment-101

I just saw the Transformers 2 trailer............anyone else think that this summer will be ruled by the Autobots and Decepticons??? I know it comes out in August.......but still. Transformers 2 looks pretty heavy, and EVERYONE I know is excited for Transformers 2.......even my grandfather (81) is excited for the second one.

GI Joe may get lost in the fog.........of Transformers awesomeness.

That's possible. Transformers is a sequel, so its going to have a built in audience.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cobra Commander is going to be in the shadows playing the puppet master role in the movie. We probably won't see him for more than a couple of minutes.

The trailer looks interesting. I don't mind that the movie looks totally different from the old school cartoons. Transformers went that route and it did well enough that Transformers fans got all sorts of cool non-movie toys (TF Animated, Classics) later down the line. So hopefully this movie will do the same for GI Joe toys. #US1#

PharmV

That's not entirely true Prime and Bumblebee were "reminiscent" enough of G1.

I hope Cobra Commander doesn't have a big role, to be honest. The jackass playing him didn't strike me as that good a actor.

I think Cobra Commander is going to be in the shadows playing the puppet master role in the movie. We probably won't see him for more than a couple of minutes.

The trailer looks interesting. I don't mind that the movie looks totally different from the old school cartoons. Transformers went that route and it did well enough that Transformers fans got all sorts of cool non-movie toys (TF Animated, Classics) later down the line. So hopefully this movie will do the same for GI Joe toys. #US1#

PharmV

That's not entirely true Prime and Bumblebee were "reminiscent" enough of G1.

I hope Cobra Commander doesn't have a big role, to be honest. The jackass playing him didn't strike me as that good a actor.

Bumblebee was similar in that he was painted yellow.

Prime was similar in that he was voiced by Peter Cullen.

Anyway I know nothing about this movie except some of it was filmed in Prague and a few of the actors ate in the Restuarant I work in.

Tips were good that week so I already like it!

This just in: the gi joe tag line will be removed as it was a ruse. The real name of the movie has been revealed to be :

Team america world police: the sequal.

At the end of the movie, We will see cobra commander remove his mask to reveal that he is Kim Jong Il.

Also red white and blue will be added to the super suits via cgi.

Need proof?

They are americans fighting terrorism across the world.

A world monument gets destroyed.

The super suits are actually being manipulated via strings to make them look like they are doing things not humanly possible.

Now that that has been established I could see this movie.

I promise I will never die. I hope the pearl harbor/micheal bay sucks song is in this one too!! @firedevil@

BTW I do see the resemblance in the super suits to Wraith. How quiant.

Maybe thats a plot line, and cobra steals the suits for their own and they fight in thier original garb. Brilliant!! But there can be only 1 wraith. What gives?

I was driving home to my parent's for supper on Super Bowl night when I got a text message from my brother.

Brother: Did U see that GI Joe trailer?! Holy ****!

Me: No did it look good?

Brother: Great!

Me: Yo Joe!

My brother is nowhere near as hard core about GI Joe as I am.

He does NOT stay glued to online forums for the latest movie news. He probably couldn't tell you if Rip Cord should be black, white, or Mexican.

He watched the catoon with me occasionaly when we were kids and he once owned Law & Order.

That's about it.

So I guess just remember that while some hardcore fans preach that the movie will fail, keep in mind there's a whole other audience out there.

So I guess just remember that while some hardcore fans preach that the movie will fail, keep in mind there's a whole other audience out there.

A-Freakin-MEN!!!!

Thanks for posting this. The 'core' fanbase is waaaaaaaaaaay lower than the 'mass' audience draw. The movie has to be able to reach out past those of us who frequent the boards.......and I'm thinking that this movie is going to accomplish that in spades #US1#

I just saw the Transformers 2 trailer............anyone else think that this summer will be ruled by the Autobots and Decepticons??? I know it comes out in August.......but still. Transformers 2 looks pretty heavy, and EVERYONE I know is excited for Transformers 2.......even my grandfather (81) is excited for the second one.

GI Joe may get lost in the fog.........of Transformers awesomeness.

That's not terribly likely. The Dark Knight made bazillions of dollars last year. That didn't stop plenty of other movies from making plenty of money (Iron Man, Wanted, Hancock, Kung Fu Panda, Wall E, etc...). G.I. Joe doesn't have to "beat" Transformers to be a success. It just needs to make more (preferably significantly more) than it costs to make the movie, and sell lots of toys.

I've been taken in and fooled on previews like this before...many times.

Nevertheless, this preview has proved a plus for the movie compared to what we've seen of it thus far, at least it has for me. Not enough to make me go and see it at the theater, and it's still on rental only status.

Looks like a typical action flick (which I like anyway) and it's title and characters are almost irrevelevant to that.

Will it change the course of human Events if it doesn't live up to my potential? No not really. But I will tell you i am excited to see it. I had about ten people IM me or text me all at once asking if i saw it. Sadly, I didn't see it the first time but my former roommate taped it and saw it. Wow! I am impressed and I think this might turn out well.

I guess I'd be more excited about Transformers if I could tell which guys I was looking at in the trailer. Couldn't make out anyone except for a one eyed Ravage. I'm pretty much expecting more of the same from the first movie.

Between the three, I'm still looking forward to Star Trek the most.

A-Freakin-MEN!!!!

Thanks for posting this. The 'core' fanbase is waaaaaaaaaaay lower than the 'mass' audience draw. The movie has to be able to reach out past those of us who frequent the boards.......and I'm thinking that this movie is going to accomplish that in spades

I've been looking around the web this morning and the GI Joe movie ad isn't making any "favorite" lists from what I've seen, ad wise (which means it didn't stick out to people).......while Transformers 2, Land of the Lost, and The Year One movie ads are. Not high on lists but still there......while GI Joe is not.

To the regular everyday person this is Generic Action movie #72...........and what I meant in my earlier post about Transformers ruling the summer was that kids are going to be all about the Autobots and Decepticons............Transformers 2 looks bigger, and badder..........something you haven't seen before, makes you say "I gotta see that".......We've seen this GI Joe movie before a zillion times.........why do you think the action movie genre has somewhat died as of late.......it was killed by superheroes........they are the new action stars. One can argue that the Joes are "Superheroic" but I think the way they are portrayed in this movie will lose a lot of everyday people.

I'm not saying my childhood is raped or anything like that.........I'll see the movie, hopefully enjoy it.....(doubt it) but I'm seeing maybe a 40-50 million opening weekend......and then a sharp drop-off.

I'm not saying my childhood is raped or anything like that.........I'll see the movie, hopefully enjoy it.....(doubt it) but I'm seeing maybe a 40-50 million opening weekend......and then a sharp drop-off.

That's incredibly hard to predict, of course.

It all depends on how the film is marketed, how it plays and what it runs up against on the marquee. If the film works as a solid action romp it could do very well and meet the studios expectations. It looks to have the major elements needed for that ( aside from story) in the trailer, so it'll at least draw an audience on opening weekend.

Now, whether it'll HOLD that audience.........well, that remains to be seen.

That's incredibly hard to predict, of course.

It all depends on how the film is marketed, how it plays and what it runs up against on the marquee. If the film works as a solid action romp it could do very well and meet the studios expectations. It looks to have the major elements needed for that ( aside from story) in the trailer, so it'll at least draw an audience on opening weekend.

Now, whether it'll HOLD that audience.........well, that remains to be seen.

You also have to think how this will do internationally..........but most movies these days have a big opening weekend and then die off........Summer Blockbusters are the exception to this......I think Iron Man was Number 1 for 3 weeks and then was knocked off by Indy??? (Can't remember) Those first couple weeks are key........if you don't get it then....you're not going to get it.

But if you pay attention to movies and what they make on their opening weekends enough you can get a feel for what people want to see and whats a success.

http://boxoffice.com/

Good little website that gives the numbers every weekend and has reviews and other stuff.

Also has a great example as to how the GI Joe trailer is being recieved by REGULAR people..........

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Distributor: Paramount

Release Date: August 7

The trailer that aired for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra looked like any other action flick. Absolutely nothing stood out. Paramount made a huge mistake by not playing off of the campy nature of the brand. As it stands, this trailer probably received a lot puzzled reactions. No buzz to be found here.

Also has a great example as to how the GI Joe trailer is being recieved by REGULAR people..........

The trailer that aired for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra looked like any other action flick. Absolutely nothing stood out. Paramount made a huge mistake by not playing off of the campy nature of the brand. As it stands, this trailer probably received a lot puzzled reactions. No buzz to be found here.

Which also illustrates how far outside of the public eye GIJOE really is. The assumption is the brand plays to its "strengths" when its campy, but that is not how aficionados of GIJOE see it.

This why I have said, for a long time, that GIJOE is a very difficult property to bring to the big screen.

The filmmakers are literally damned if they do or don't.

One more thought here: the folks polled above are probably not kids. There's a potentially huge audience sitting right there, in the under-14 set.

Now, I know my youngest step-son (13 yrs old) isn't a accurate yardstick to measure any of this by, all by his lonesome.........BUT.......

He was not aware of the trailer until I showed him, and once he saw it, his excitement level ramped up considerably--more so than Transformers, which he knew about.

He was telling me, in turn, about the reactions of his 14 friends to viewing the trailer and it was all positive. His exact words to me were: " Nobody thought GIJOE was this cool".

Now, that's just 15 kids talking, so who knows what impact the movie will really have.

Which also illustrates how far outside of the public eye GIJOE really is. The assumption is the brand plays to its "strengths" when its campy, but that is not how aficionados of GIJOE see it.

This why I have said, for a long time, that GIJOE is a very difficult property to bring to the big screen.

One more thought here: the folks polled above are probably not kids. There's a potentially huge audience sitting right there, in the under-14 set.

Now, I know my youngest step-son (13 yrs old) isn't a accurate yardstick to measure any of this by, all by his lonesome.........BUT.......

He was not aware of the trailer until I showed him, and once he saw it, his excitement level ramped up considerably--more so than Transformers, which he knew about.

He was telling me, in turn, about the reactions of his 14 friends to viewing the trailer and it was all positive. His exact words to me were: " Nobody thought GIJOE was this cool".

Now, that's just 15 kids talking, so who knows what impact the movie will really have.

Additionally, those 'true fans' dumping sh** all over whatever we've received thus far isn't helping matter either.

While a vast majority of *fans* like pissing in the pool, they should show some restraint..........there's other people swimming in it @smilepunch@

A-Freakin-MEN!!!!

Thanks for posting this. The 'core' fanbase is waaaaaaaaaaay lower than the 'mass' audience draw. The movie has to be able to reach out past those of us who frequent the boards.......and I'm thinking that this movie is going to accomplish that in spades #US1#

Additionally, those 'true fans' dumping sh** all over whatever we've received thus far isn't helping matter either.

While a vast majority of *fans* like pissing in the pool, they should show some restraint..........there's other people swimming in it @smilepunch@

Let the bowing commence.

I just love arguments like this. Not to sh** in your cheerios, but fans no matter how core or not, do not want inferiour product. Also I am sorry but I am sick of people on their clouds steroetyping fan boys. Am I pond scum that needs to be swept under the carpet and shut up, because I don't know any better, and my opinion is trivial to the real picture? "Don't look at the fan boy and he won't see you" Now I am a monster in the closet due to my tastes. Thank You!

From my perspective, after seeing the ad I kinda want to see the movie. I have been holding out. I've wanted Gi Joe to make it to the big screen, but there were too many productive freedoms still taken. In a sense, they still made it G.I.J.O.E in product but are calling it Gi Joe to apease the masses. The preview looked ok, but I did cringe a bit. The all black costumed team idea is horrible, but that is what the studios are pushing and hoping will be their ace in the hole.

On a final note, the small core fan base, was big enough to make the 25th anniversary line a screaming success compared to most other toy lines, regardless of scalpers. If fans werent as picky about character and costume and just wanted to support gi joe for the name to keep it going regardless of the mythos then Sigma 6 and other sub brands would have done better than they did.

From what I have seen of the movie toys I am not impressed, and do not look forward to seeing all the ripcords warming the pegs when I go into seeing the figures, just like the Shia Lebouf figures from the Indy line.

On a final note, the small core fan base, was big enough to make the 25th anniversary line a screaming success compared to most other toy lines, regardless of scalpers. If fans werent as picky about character and costume and just wanted to support gi joe for the name to keep it going regardless of the mythos then Sigma 6 and other sub brands would have done better than they did.

Uh.......................um..................the 25th Anniversary GIJOE line is NOT a "screaming success", given that it takes up, what........ 4-6 pegs at most on any given major retailers shelves? There's plenty of other toy lines that can legitimately claim to be far more successful than GIJOE right now.

Let the bowing commence.

I just love arguments like this. Not to sh** in your cheerios, but fans no matter how core or not, do not want inferiour product. Also I am sorry but I am sick of people on their clouds steroetyping fan boys. Am I pond scum that needs to be swept under the carpet and shut up, because I don't know any better, and my opinion is trivial to the real picture? "Don't look at the fan boy and he won't see you" Now I am a monster in the closet due to my tastes. Thank You!

Now, that someone has said this, in my sarcastic moments I've said that those fans that claim Steven Somners is raping their childhoods deserve to have Somner make a big enough hole to park the PITT in...just to spite them all.

Y'know..........ALL our opinions are trivial in the real picture. If you don't like mine, and I don't like yours the world isn't going to end. The movie is going to get made, it's going to play in theatres and neither you nor I can do anything to change it. We can accept it as it is, or not.

And you'll be reminded of that as long as you think otherwise. ;)

Sweetie, don't attempt to 'preach at me'.....

I've been a fan of this property since 1964, and I'm a woman..........in this 'land of boys', I AM the minority. If anyone wants to call themselves a 'fan', then they should do their damnedest to 'enlighten', NOT dim G.I. Joe's future.........

kthnxsbye

Thats great, good for you! I am buying and supporting what I like as far as the toys go, and possibly a video game. I will always support the Joe brand when possible. I can take change and look forward to the future of Gi Joe, I am not dissing that, Just this movie. I hope thats not too big a rain cloud.

TESTIFY

[uh.......................um..................the 25th Anniversary GIJOE line is NOT a "screaming success", given that it takes up, what........ 4-6 pegs at most on any given major retailers shelves? There's plenty of other toy lines that can legitimately claim to be far more successful than GIJOE right now.

I think for as much as they have been selling and doing well at the stores, (at least most places I've looked) they are doing extremely well. And for a figure line that has caught the attention of other brands to go 3 3/4 as well tells you something.

Yes we see repaints now clogging the shelves at some places, but in my neck of the woods figures are very scarce. At most times for the past year and a half the pegs i've seen were empty and I have had to resort to ordering online, which they tend to sell out as well. For a figure to start off at $5 then actually double to $10, 1 and a half years later, seems like it is doing well to me. I know oil had a slight play in that, but not enough to double the in store price like it did. If it did more toys would have went up alot more too.