Wanted DC classic wave 5

Chopz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same problem as Chopz. I'm trying to raise hell via targeted e-mails first to Walmart.com, and then they sent me to another site that services the stores (l'll let everyone know how THAT turns out). I can tell you this, the four stores near me have not had any of these. I spoke to an assistant manger in Round Lake Beach, Illinois (VERY FAR northern Suburb of Chicago) and he stated that he has no control over what he gets in, it's all in the hands of his distributor and the warehouse. He also stated it was doubtful he'd get them in (this discussion was like two months ago) as they weren't carrying the line at that point. Fast forward to this weekend and his store had in wave SIX (I know this because I bought the only one they had left, a lone hawkman). I have a number of suspicions about this wave.

ONE: Scalpers feasted on it. I'm thinking no, because they are not plentiful on E-Bay. There's only like two complete waves out there right now and only about a half dozen individual figs as well.

TWO: Mattel didn't have a large production run on this wave. Entirely possible, but I have no idea if it's true or not.

THREE: There's just piss poor distribution where I live, and the figs are plentiful in other areas of the country. I'm claiming false here too, otherwise, there'd be a bunch on E-Bay, and there just aren't.

FOUR: Mattel had a standard run and these are just sitting in warehouses waiting for Walmart to sell off all their old Wave one stock. Entirely possible, I still see Orion's and Batmans in Wal-Marts that do seem to carry the lines. ALSO, could just be piss-poor distribution across the country.

Which is it? Any other possibilities? I'm in need of this entire wave as well. I'd be willing to purchase outright for a reasonable cost. I have to go through what I have and what I can trade. I think I have an extra MOC Stealth Iron Man from Marvel Legends Wave One...

Thanks!!!

Last I heard, Mattel stated they were still shipping Walmart's initial order. This was relatively recent, at least recent enough to keep me a little optimistic I might someday see these. This can be taken a few ways, though. How much was left to ship, and where to? Did wave 6 pre-empt the remainder of wave 5? And by 'initial', do they mean Wally can re-order?

(I found this info on both Action Figure Insider and Toymania's January 14 Mattel Q&A sessions. So there's hope!)

Well Gang, I just started the e-mails to Wal-mart corporate. Last time I did it the store manager was able to get me a set of 25th GI Joes, but still that was GI JOE and I assume they were easier to get their hands on. Luck did smile on me this weekend. A friend of mine knows about my toy searches and found me Riddler and Black Lighting, but he is 100 miles away. He will mail them to me one day next wee,. 2 down 3 to go. well, good luck on your searches and if I luck out with an extra few I will let you guys know.

Chopz

I thought that they had plenty on ebay... I know the last time I looked there were a bunch, and not for a bad price

um, 30-40 bucks for an Eradicator? no thanks, Ebay

wow.. that is high... but maybe its less if you find a lot with the full set?

I expanded my search last weekend and chased around to three other WM's a little south of my home and came up empty again, other than the Shazam I snarfed.

I'm pursuing the Corporate complaining at WM as well (sent a note late last week) and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm REALLY hoping they'll find a way for me to buy a case.

I have a loose set of wave 5 and the metallo head and body and left arm but i am looking for MOC wave 7 would love to trade set for set but big barda can be left out or just need the C&C peice from barda.

All have good paint apps and all parts move except for atoms left leg but all were pulled from packing and made sure the articulaion moved. Again except for atoms left leg so if someone gets it they can do the freezer trick i am not going to try and maybe break it i'll leave that up to who ever gets it if anyone does. Also have a loose shazam to maybe either sweeten the deal or trade

I have a whole set that I was goin to keep but I keep thinkin I got to much stuff, so I'm offerin it under the cost of the last ebay auction I saw and only $5 - $7 more then what I paid $130 shipped.

First paid its yours!

Btw I have it in the original box and it is a full set!

I've got a MOC set for $150+shipping if anyone is interested.

SMH at this....how thoughtful of you!!!!! @grumpy@

Yea it is thoughtful of me to offer the set for sale. If u don't like it then go look for them yourself. Good luck btw.

Sorry man I didn't see your postin until just now but I'm sure more then one person will want a set as mind too are MOC.

It's cool dude don't worry about it.

Yea it is thoughtful of me to offer the set for sale. If u don't like it then go look for them yourself. Good luck btw.

Wait thoughtful= 150 bucks!!!! Man as far as I'm concerned you're no better than Ebay!!! There are what 5-6 figs in this wave...10-13 bucks a pop so I detect a sliiiight mark up @hmmm@ . That's kool you're offering a set but ouch scalp much!!! And this is you're 4th post!!!! Just for me I'll pass on your "deal" of 150 PLUS shipping which should bring the total to close to 200 give or take. Speaking freely if you wanna be kool flash some pics up, bring down the price, open up to trade but to ME to come up here and throw around a complete set for 150 and get offended when someone balks at your "fair" price while you act like you're doing a favor....man that's some ebay $#!T. Again I'm not telling you how to run your game; do you.....but if it comes down to your mark up (and don't play coy cuz that's EXACTLY what you did) or going without then I opt out. Hope those do find a home with a happy collector if not tell me what city you live in...maybe when you take em back I'll swoop in and snag em @smilepunch@ .

Wait thoughtful= 150 bucks!!!! Man as far as I'm concerned you're no better than Ebay!!! There are what 5-6 figs in this wave...10-13 bucks a pop so I detect a sliiiight mark up @hmmm@ . That's kool you're offering a set but ouch scalp much!!! And this is you're 4th post!!!! Just for me I'll pass on your "deal" of 150 PLUS shipping which should bring the total to close to 200 give or take. Speaking freely if you wanna be kool flash some pics up, bring down the price, open up to trade but to ME to come up here and throw around a complete set for 150 and get offend as if you're doing a favor....man that's some ebay $#!T. Again I'm not telling you how to run your game; do you.....but if it comes down to your mark up (and don't play coy cuz that's EXACTLY what you did) or going without then I opt out. Hope those do find a home with a happy collector if not tell me what city you live in...maybe when you take em back I'll swoop in and snag em @smilepunch@ .

Well unfortunately that is the going rate on this set right now. If you go to ebay right now you'll see that. Any person who chooses to sell these figures at c+s is a fool for doing so. The DCU line is smokin hot right now and that's the way it is. If you don't want to shell out the cash then it looks like ur not gonna have this set, it's really that simple.

I'm a fool then, hey but at least I have a clean conscience. Not everything is about making money. We all need help sometimes. Even in this tough economic times.

Yea your right we all do need help sometimes. I have this set and it's apparently worth some money on the secondary market. So by me selling this set at it's current secondary market price it will help me get some money because regardless of the economy i still need to pay my bills. Also what does having a clean conscience have to do with anything???? I'm not stealing money from the elderly or doing anything shady.

Wait thoughtful= 150 bucks!!!! Man as far as I'm concerned you're no better than Ebay!!! There are what 5-6 figs in this wave...10-13 bucks a pop so I detect a sliiiight mark up @hmmm@ . That's kool you're offering a set but ouch scalp much!!! And this is you're 4th post!!!! Just for me I'll pass on your "deal" of 150 PLUS shipping which should bring the total to close to 200 give or take. Speaking freely if you wanna be kool flash some pics up, bring down the price, open up to trade but to ME to come up here and throw around a complete set for 150 and get offend as if you're doing a favor....man that's some ebay $#!T. Again I'm not telling you how to run your game; do you.....but if it comes down to your mark up (and don't play coy cuz that's EXACTLY what you did) or going without then I opt out. Hope those do find a home with a happy collector if not tell me what city you live in...maybe when you take em back I'll swoop in and snag em @smilepunch@ .

Well unfortunately that is the going rate on this set right now. If you go to ebay right now you'll see that. Any person who chooses to sell these figures at c+s is a fool for doing so. The DCU line is smokin hot right now and that's the way it is. If you don't want to shell out the cash then it looks like ur not gonna have this set, it's really that simple.

I'm going to address this as best I can without stating the obvious as to why I think you are here.

I already know how much these go for on ebay....that's why I don't look for them there. Sites like this are for collectors to help other COLLECTORS. Great job on insulting many of the forum members here who do exactly that by calling them fools. Also thanks for the heads up about how "smoking hot right now" DCUC is as I didn't know. I smell SCALPER ($#!T I said it!!!). And you're right I won't shell out the cash because a: 150 is insane no matter your reasoning, b: you haven't provided proof you have them, c: You just joined like yesterday with your "generous" offer to help us "fools" out, and d: You are a scalper. So I guess you're right I won't get a set......from YOU. But I'm patient am sure I'll find them in the Walmart you return them back to if/when no one here takes you up on your offer. @firedevil@