New Hall of Hero Images released!

Rockshield

for Flint (perfect verision finally) and Se (exact same as far as i can tell) Check out Joe Battlines

Hisstank has SS (the reason the 5 pack had gray on him!) and Zartan (pretty nice, can't lie)

and Zartan (pretty nice, can't lie)

This isn't a personal attack, but please bear with with me since I've seen this comment at several boards....

But why is Zartan so nice?

Seriously, he is just the Swamp Skier version from two months ago, but they took away the skier and color changing feature, but put in the mask and rifle from 2007. Aside from some matte paint on his armor, he's the same figure out now AND for almost $5 less.

Personally, I like the concept better than the final assortment. And if Hasbro continues to push towards new brand expressions (ie, not more retro), I think Hall of Heroes could become the Joe equivalent of Star Wars vintage. And if future offerings continue to include new tooling or full accessory compliments (imagine the v1 Duke with all his retro gear AND the Jet pack duke gear?), I WOULD be willing to pay a premium for them. Firefly and BAT in the current batch are great examples. But if they'll end up pure rehash like Snake Eyes black and Zartan? Not so much.

and Zartan (pretty nice, can't lie)

This isn't a personal attack, but please bear with with me since I've seen this comment at several boards....

But why is Zartan so nice?.

It's as simple as the paint wipes on his armor and the fact that i don't have a 25th verision yet, i haven't seen any at retail! I keep likeing the zartans i see and my noks look so lonely on the shelves sans their leader. oh don't get me wrong, i'm not buying a single figure from this wave, they are too expensive. I'll get the cobra box set for Zartan and repaint him a little.

People at hisstank said they saw Beachhead! BUT WHERE? If he's been shown Snake Eyes V2 is the only one left.

I have no idea where they found the image, but they have copied it and it's the pages of the discussion topic if you go back a few pages.

Honestly it juest appears to be cp beachead with weird paint wipes on his boots (simliar to the paint wipes on flint's boots)

This is going to be a fail for Hasbro.

I'm not saying that out of some hope (I'm a completist for 25th), but rather, that the reaction has been overwhlemingly "MEH" from the boards.

First, they are mostly just reissues with what appear to be cosmetic changes. Some, like Flint & Viper are actually the most accurate/perfect rendition of the character to date. So great, but the majority are just updates with no real sense of change to the toy. Yes they have different body parts in some cases or different accessorie, and yes they were voted on by us. However, we were told they would have new/different decos and in most cases those decos are minor changes that really don't improve the figure to a point where they are a "must have." Oh, and don't get me started on those god awful stands. That colour is awful. There are many different subgroups that could have had new members added through repaints, or new groups entirely (Night Force, Night Watch CG, etc.) I understand the whole "Hall Of Heroes" idea means the more traditional look, but I think Hasbro could have gone with "new" paint schemes.

Second, packaging. I will hold off a bit until we get shots of the back of the boxes, the excess packaging is nice, but a waste. I think that it was good idea in theory, but in practice it falls short.

Third, PRICE!!! OUCH!! So it looks like we are talking about what, $11 US each figure. If you buy a case. Are sites going to be willing to break up cases to sell individual figures? What price then? How many of us up here(Canada) are willing to spend approximately $14-$16 each?

Overall it seemed like a nice idea at the time, but the length of time to execute this has severely hurt the prospects of this being a good seller. Every figure has already had at least 2 releases already in some form, and most are not different enough to warrant the extra expense. Also, the character selection, while chosen by us, is fairly weak now after 6 months of new releases.

Thank you Hasbro (honestly) for this, but I think I now better understand why these kind of situations are not really worth doing for large companies.

I have to agree with Canprime. On every point. There is nothing I have seen so far to this line that would make me want to part with my greenbacks. I am just a 'simple' collector, meaning I'd like one of each character there is, preferably the ideal version of each. As such, these are too little, too late. But then, I was one of the ones not happy with the concept of 'Hall of Heroes' from the beginning. This is just confirmation of what I (we) feared from the onset. So no big surprise to me. Just means more money I can allocate elsewhere.

okay, now a lot of these figures are great... but there are 3 things that are really bugging me about Flint.

All they had to do was give him his correct arms (short sleeves with gloves)

but why does Flint have a brown backpack instead of his green one? Why does Flint have mud on his boots? and why is Flint missing his gators or spats??

post-2334-1233365641_thumb.jpg

I am happy that they finally got rid of Firefly's stupid Beachhead sweater body... but they still got the arms wrong. He should have cobra trooper arms or something like that.

and why did they give him Snake Eyes' legs?

and where is his camo?

post-2334-1233365750_thumb.jpg