nemesis wave

kiba

The Wal-Mart Super centre in the states that is 1 hour from me that I visit once a month has not gotten any Wal-Mart exclusives. Go figure. No Ares, no DCUC wave 5, no Masterpiece Starscream. None of the exclusives I wanted. I have little hope they will get Nemesis. The next closest American Wal-Mart is almost 3 hours away. No thanks. I'd rather pay internet scalpers prices.

I'd have to agree with you on that one. That's a hell of a way to drive for just a gamble!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man! I want em but don't want to pay net prices :D

Well really, is it going to cost you less at Canadian retail? Not by much, it works out to be $16.50 per figure plus shipping, and most likely I'll never see these at my local Walmart. My LCBS may get them and they'll be around $20.00 a pop, plus tax. Well, around me anyway.......

I did some quick math in my head once I saw it online and "Worth it" was my conclusion.

Ok, Ok. I caved. I just bought these off of ebay (actually cheaper than cmdstore and toyglobe). I waited too long for this wave and since it was my birthday present, I figured that with gas and all, $18.74 each and $149.90 for all 8 that that was a good deal. Am I stretching it? I usually go to great lengths to complete my collection even going more that 20 miles away so I paid $6.98 more for each figure shipped. Enough justifying my decision. You decide, good or bad decision? :wink:

The last Marvel wave at WM I saw a total of 3 Iron-Man & 1 Spider-Man between 3 Wal-Marts. What I find really odd is that these On-line stores all got them on the same day. Yet I don't think my area WM's never got them or ever will. Anyway as many who know me know I've wanted both DareDevil figures since the first time Hasbro showed the protos so I picked this up today. I figured I'll never see it locally at my Wal*Marts. And I did have cash from Christmas I hadn't spent yet so I figured to buy it at my local scalper/on-line shop for $27 was better than $27 + shipping from another on-line shop.

DareDevil -

IMGP4166.jpg

IMGP4159.jpg

IMGP4161.jpg

IMGP4165.jpg

IMGP4163.jpg

And right after I took those pics this afternoon the mailman dropped this off from CMDstore.com. Of course if I hadn't ordered this last week I could have saved the $10 shipping. Oh well. I still love the figures...even though they have ball-jointed hips (which I hate on male figures)

IMGP4171.jpg

IMGP4169.jpg

IMGP4174.jpg

IMGP4176.jpg

IMGP4177.jpg

I haven't heard any news from Hasbro or Marvel about when these might hit state-side....anyone hear anything? I'm glad the overall opinion of these seems rather positive but it would be nice if Hasbro could get these out to consumers as they originally promised.

I haven't heard any news from Hasbro or Marvel about when these might hit state-side....anyone hear anything? I'm glad the overall opinion of these seems rather positive but it would be nice if Hasbro could get these out to consumers as they originally promised.

There was news posted somewhere that came from either NYCC OR NYTF that these have already shipped out to walmarts, so its up to them to put them out. Hasbro has done its part, but walmart seems to be sitting on them. Thats the gist of it anyway.

• 1 month later...

There was news posted somewhere that came from either NYCC OR NYTF that these have already shipped out to walmarts, so its up to them to put them out. Hasbro has done its part, but walmart seems to be sitting on them. Thats the gist of it anyway.

is so then hasbro truely sucks for not getting enough of these things out there :S pathetic use of an exclusive when its so exclusive people can hard even find it at said store

is so then hasbro truely sucks for not getting enough of these things out there :S pathetic use of an exclusive when its so exclusive people can hard even find it at said store

That's exactly what happened with DCUC wave 5, nobody can find them, not surprisingly, they are both Wal Mart exclusives.

That's exactly what happened with DCUC wave 5, nobody can find them, not surprisingly, they are both Wal Mart exclusives.

Are you implying that Wal-Mart doesn't know how to do Exclusives?

Giving Walmart an exclusive when all their stores don't carry the line (DCUC) is a terrible idea that shouldn't have happened. Now it's going to happen again later this year with another DCUC wave, which will likely also be a disaster.

I think most/all Walmarts carry Marvel Legends, but the problem is Hasbro has screwed up the line, and they're just not sending enough. If you can buy regular waves at 5 stores, you should be able to buy 5 stores' worth at Walmart so there's still enough to go 'round because everyone who collects will hit up the same store (obviously).

Walmarts a mess when it comes to toys these days. All they care about are the movie tie-in toys. Everything else is second fiddle, and some stuff doesn't even rate.

Are you implying that Wal-Mart doesn't know how to do Exclusives?

Yes, I am, Wal Mart has proven many times that they have no idea how to sell exclusives with the Giant Man wave, DCUC series 5 and now the Nemesis wave. The only group that benefits from Wal Mart exclusives is scalpers because they are the only ones who are able to find them. Things like this take all the fun out of collecting action figures.

darth I have a complete case of the giant man wave if you want it give me a pm its not cheap though I want to get back at least what I paid for it :S <-- goes for anyone here

Well, as no one else (yet posted) seems to have found them, and as I know I have been going to the stores on a regular basis, I will surmise they have not been put out on display yet. I would have seen at least remnants if they had. Thanks for the reports, though!

They're not going to be coming out on display. Most of the walmarts have done their resets now. All the other marvel legends stuff is in the clearance section and Marvel Universe dominates the pegs now, they aren't putting the big figures back up.