ROTF Wreckage

LiquidMetal

Yeah....

Just wanted to post the link to these new pics of ROTF Wreck-Gar.......

Check 'em out here: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10837

I do like the color scheme and overall design (somewhat, anyway). :)

:blink: I mean I kinda think this figure is cool but why did they have to make Wreck-Gar a Decepticon!?!?

And I think they made Jetfire a Decepticon, too!?!? :unsure:

I mean #WTF# Stop makin' Autobots Decepticons, Michael Bay!!! @pow@

Oh, well hopefully the movie will come out good anyway. :D

What do YOU think?? :huh:

#US1#

Yeah....

Just wanted to post the link to these new pics of ROTF Wreck-Gar.......

Check 'em out here: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10837

I do like the color scheme and overall design (somewhat, anyway). :)

:blink: I mean I kinda think this figure is cool but why did they have to make Wreck-Gar a Decepticon!?!?

Oh, well hopefully the movie will come out good anyway. :D

What do YOU think?? :huh:

#US1#

Its his way of sticking it to the G1 fans...

It's just a repainted wreckage toy, so I wouldn't think he'd even be in the movie, so it's not a big deal to me that he's a decepticon.

Also, Jetfire was a decepticon in g1, then became an autobot. Perhaps Bay knows more about g1 then you give him credit for. :P

It's very likely that with this being a repaint of a character that wasn't in the first movie, he won't be in the second either. Even if he's supposed to be 'in the big battle scene' like the article claims, this is likely to just be based on it, like all those figures in the first movie who were 'in the Sector 7 motor pool', or 'came to life in Mission City', or were (supposedly) around but just not seen in the movie.

To my knowledge, Michael Bay doesn't get to decide names for non-movie characters. Even if the this figure WAS named Wreck-Gar, it's doubtful Bay had anything to do with it. Additionally, the movie setting is its own continuity with its own characters, so what the names were used for previously doesn't really apply, and this would be FAR from the first time Hasbro took advantage of that.

It's very likely that with this being a repaint of a character that wasn't in the first movie, he won't be in the second either. Even if he's supposed to be 'in the big battle scene' like the article claims, this is likely to just be based on it, like all those figures in the first movie who were 'in the Sector 7 motor pool', or 'came to life in Mission City', or were (supposedly) around but just not seen in the movie.

To my knowledge, Michael Bay doesn't get to decide names for non-movie characters. Even if the this figure WAS named Wreck-Gar, it's doubtful Bay had anything to do with it. Additionally, the movie setting is its own continuity with its own characters, so what the names were used for previously doesn't really apply, and this would be FAR from the first time Hasbro took advantage of that.

Wel Longarm was "in the movie" something they tried to use to their advantage with that scene pack with legless Bumblebee.

Vehicle mode will be the way they do it, as with Stockade and Landmine.

Wel Longarm was "in the movie" something they tried to use to their advantage with that scene pack with legless Bumblebee.

Vehicle mode will be the way they do it, as with Stockade and Landmine.

That's kinda my point. Being in the the movie (on the screen) and being "in the movie" (based on something from the movie) are two different things. Such is (apparently) the case with Wreckage, so no matter what name he gets, it would have absolutely nothing to do with Bay.

As an aside, I'm trying to figure out the G2 Megatron association. I look at him and I see a tank mode, green-and-brown robot, white face, and purple weapons... to me, that's Bludgeon's inner robot, not Megatron! :)

It's just a repainted wreckage toy, so I wouldn't think he'd even be in the movie, so it's not a big deal to me that he's a decepticon.

Also, Jetfire was a decepticon in g1, then became an autobot. Perhaps Bay knows more about g1 then you give him credit for. :P

You took the words right out of my mouth Destro! Jetfire was indeed a deception and bosom buddies with Starscream. If Bay is planing on having Jetfire defect then that would only work if the audiance has a good sence of who and what the TFs are. I hope this means Bay is FINALY gonna give us TF chacter development!! I'll believe it when I see it.