Tom Cruise being courted for Dark Knigh sequel role?

TheWildBunch

is this more BS...they have a quote from Goyer in there saying they have had talks in the past when begins was in early stages...cruise was interested in the bruce/batman role...and now is interested in Batman 3 and is willing to take a pay cut to be a part of it...sounds like latino review has given posted bs from a bad source again....

a batman 3 with tom cruise in some of role...would u want cruise as the main baddie or just a side character...i.e...mob boss, black mask, riddler...catwoman?hahahha

You know, aside from the bs that he would take on the Batman role, I think he would be awesome as one of the villains!! If anyone has seen Collateral, you'd know that he played a very awesome role as a professional hit man!!! I loved the movie and is regularly watched at my house!!! Don't know what character he could play, Black Mask is the only one that springs to mind. A cunning Riddler could be a possibility as well!!! But don't dismiss him because of his off screen antics!!!

I could see Cruise as Black Mask. If he lets himself go all-out (instead of just "acting like Tom Cruise) and over-the-top like he did as Les Grossman in "Tropic Thunder" it could be pretty awesome. It seems like the only times its' worth watching Cruise lately is when he plays very much against type ("Collateral" and "Tropic Thunder").

All that having been said: I'd be really, really surprised if we saw Tom Cruise in Batman 3.

this was sort of just a joke to see how people would take it...nolan probably wouldnt even take a meeting with cruise...just thought the whole thing was worth it because of the image of tom cruise as catwoman that people would get...but on a serious note...do you think joaquin phoenix would come out of retirement to play black mask?...or the joker?...he was friends with heath and his vibe fits with the films...and he did play a good bad guy in gladiator....other than that i wanted sam rockwell as the riddler but now that marvel has hired him for next to nothing probably he wont be appearing...

I had this thought:

I can see Cruise as Black Mask.

...because of this thought:

If anyone has seen Collateral, you'd know that he played a very awesome role as a professional hit man!!!

And I agree with Jmacq: he'd have to let himself go. Then it could work.

I doubt this rumor's actually true, though.

I doubt he'd be in the sequel. After all, didn't his wife get into some kind of disagreement with the producers or something, which is why she didn't return in Dark Knight?

It is speculated that because of how Tom Cruise was spotlighted and was pluggin his own film during the Batman Begins permiere, the producers replaced Katie Holmes. This was before the actress said that she is not in the se1quel because of time conflict with another movie.

You know, aside from the bs that he would take on the Batman role, I think he would be awesome as one of the villains!! If anyone has seen Collateral, you'd know that he played a very awesome role as a professional hit man!!! I loved the movie and is regularly watched at my house!!! Don't know what character he could play, Black Mask is the only one that springs to mind. A cunning Riddler could be a possibility as well!!! But don't dismiss him because of his off screen antics!!!

Speaking of Collateral His hair was kinda gray which poped in my mind deathstroke. put a gray goatee and a eye patch on him and i think he would look the part.