Playmates New Movie Toys

Artistrix

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh, found the figures at Walmart and they look as bad as I feared. The 3.75s look like knock-offs. Completely substandard compared to what's available today in other lines. The 6" are a little better, but not worth buying. I'm picking up the Enterprise and that's it.

One of our Targets had the 3 3/4 inch figures,6 inch figures,Enterpise,Transporter and the Bridge.As I posted before,I am not amazed by these.I am suprised that these have shown up already.

The movie is only 3 1/2 weeks away. I'm surprised they didn't start showing up sooner.

The Figures are out in every Wal-Mart that I have visited. They are on an island/end cap in the toy department.

There seems be 18 pieces to complete the Bridge and 4 pieces to complete the transporter room.

Of the 10 figures on the shelf (Kirk included as he has some key bridge pieces) only 7 figures come with bridge pieces including the aforementioned Kirk. They are Spock (B1), Pike (B2), Sulu (B4), Kirk (B9), Cadet McCoy (B10), Scotty (B11), Cadet Chekov (B13).

Here is a list of the following 11 missing Bridge pieces:

B3, B5, B6, B7, B8, B12, B14, B15, B16, B17 and B18.

The Transporter Room has 4 pieces to collect. Of the 10 figures on the shelf, 3 of them come with the Transporter Room Pieces. They are Cadet Uhura (T2), Nero (T3) and Spock (Original) (T4).

Here is a list of the following 1 missing Transporter Room piece:

T1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that I can think of is that there are two possibilities:

1. The missing pieces come with the Bridge and Transporter Room Playsets.

2. We will see a future wave(s) of figures.

BTW, Pick up Cadet Uhura as she is 'short-packed'. There is only one figure of her in every case of 25. Every other figure has 2 to 3 of them in there. There ere 4 cases at my Wal-Mart with 25 figures to a box case. That means that there are only 4 Cadet Uhura figures in a 100 figures.

The only thing that I can think of is that there are two possibilities:

1. The missing pieces come with the Bridge and Transporter Room Playsets.

2. We will see a future wave(s) of figures.

The missing peices DO NOT come with the bridge. I bought it. I'd say your second assumption is correct.

And I'm actually kind of diggin these figures. I bought Uhura and Sulu just to try out the line to see if I liked it and I'm hooked. I have since picked up all of them. No the figures are not the best toys ever but they are relatively cheap and I can over look their flaws pretty easily. I can see a lot of custom potential with these. The heads are EASY to swap (just boil and pop) so I have already made a regular uniform McCoy and Checkov. Just removed the extra captains stripes from an extra Kirk to make Checkov. (McCoy is still a rank to high cause of swaping with Spocks body but I'm okay with that for now. I'll fix it later if it starts to really bother me).

I'm really looking forward to completing the bridge. I'll probably make a better base for all the peices out of foam core in the near future. Probably will wait till I see the movie so I can get a visual on how to make some accurate walls as well. Over all this line, while not perfect, is really catching my attention. Can't wait for future waves! Hope we get a few of the other Starfleet officers from the old series in movie form... Chapel, Rand, O'Riely, some random red shirts... But heck.. even if we don't They should be plenty easy to make with some extra heads. :)

Thanks for the clarification. At least we know that there will be another 12 figures in the future. Eleven for the Bridge and one for the Transporter Room. I bet that we see 2 more wave at least with. Of course, Cpt. Kirk an Spock will be in them as repaints or new mold all-together. There are bound to be more enemies as well as Nero is the leader for the moment.

I found them!! I'm just not used to finding stuff right away whenever I read reports of finds on here. It seems like you guys always get stuff earlier than I do. But this time I did indeed find them. I went and sold some of my old DVDs and books at a local used book store for the sole purpose of looking for Star Trek figures today. I checked TRU; no figures, but I did find the bridge and transporter room playsets. I was tempted to get the bridge one, but I ultimately decided against it. I was limited on funds, so I didn't want to blow all of my money on one playset and then turn around and find the figures somewhere else. But I did notice that the Capt. Kirk and Scotty figures that come with the playsets looked tiny. But I was still digging them. It really made me want to find the figures even more. And I was hoping to find both the 3-3/4" and 6" figures; I just find it cool that we have a choice in scales. It's exciting to me...but not so much for my wallet. (lol)

Anwyay, I went to Target, and again...nothing. Feeling kinda disappointed but not suprised, I took my wife out to supper to chill out. Ahh...I figured it wasn't a big deal really that I didn't find any figures, and I knew I would find them later eventually.

Well, on the way home we had to stop at Wal-Mart to pick up some necessities, and I figured it couldn't hurt to check there too. Why the heck not. So I meandered through the toy aisles with my wife in tow, and I briefly shuffled through the movie Wolverine and Marvel Universe figures, to which she replied, "Stay focused!" (lol) I glanced down the Star Wars aisle, thinking that'd be the natural place Star Trek toys might be, and that's when an end-cap caught the corner of my eye...and there they were. WOO-HOO!!

It was stacked from top to bottom, as if it had just been put out. I ecstatically yet carefully dug through them to find choice characters in mint packaging, and I found Kirk, Spock (old and young), Uhura, Nero, and I also grabbed a 6" Spock. At first I only found one amongst all of the 6" figures, and it didn't have a good paint job really. I did however find a lone Enterprise stashed behind the bottom row of figures, but no more Spocks. I exclaimed out loud to my wife in semi-frustration, halfway to myself, "Surely there's not just one 6" Spock per case!" As I said this she nudged me and pointed out a second end-cap stacked with oodles of Enterprises and 6" figures. So like a kid in...well, a toy store (lol), I looked through them to find a good-looking Spock and found one.

I'm really excited about and impressed with this line. The packaging's great, the smaller figures are adequately detailed, and I'm thrilled to get two different scales of the same characters; usually we just get one or the other, or we just get the 3-3/4" and 12" scales. With this line we get all three, which like I said to me is very cool. I didn't notice the twelve-inchers anywhere, but I was so focused and excited about getting what I did get that I didn't bother to look for anything else. If they're as cool as the rest of this line, I may have to break precedence and get them too.

I would like to go back and get the rest of the figures, the Enterprise, bridge playset, and maybe I'll get the transporter playset. I can't decide on that one, although I tried-out the "beaming" feature in the store, and it was pretty cool.

Sorry I'm so long-winded guys. I'm just really excited. It was just one of those ideal collecting days where preparation and opportunity met, and I couldn't be happier.

^^^ No need to apologize! I'm glad you're as excited as I was when I found the transporter room and figures yesterday haha. I'd totally recommend the transporter room though. It's a little steep at 30 bucks but the play value is through the roof and so much fun haha

Found them in spades here in CT. They must have just put them up, as the peg price tags weren't even up yet.

Oddly, they were alotted a larger section than any other fan fave except the Star Wars wasteland. Must be going on the premise the movie will be a runaway hit.

I had no intention of getting these, and after looking them over, I still have no intention. Not because they're bad, or anything like that. I just have enough going on with other brands/lines and unless I'm bowled over by the movie, I'll stick with the TV series casts.

Funny thing, though - you know how when you approach a a boxed item, having a set weight in mind as you go to pick it up, and then find out it's way lighter than expected, and if you're not quick enough to adjust, it looks like you're throwing it up in the air? The Enterprise is just like that. Really frickin' light - made me wonder if there was even anything IN the package!

I too have been seeing these all over the place. All of the Wal*Marts have these out on the shelves in droves. It's really exciting and cool to have Star Trek back in this fashion. I can honestly say that, even though I have yet to purchase some of the figures they have already grown on me immensly. I think I prefer the look and detail of the 6" inch line the best. I also have to get the Enterprise. I didn't like the new design at first but it has grown on me as well. What makes this even more exciting is, if you go to RottenTomatoes.com and look up Star Trek in the upcoming movie section there you will already see some early reviews from several legitimate movie critics. The film stands at 100% fresh as of now and they are heralding this movie as one of the best Sci-Fi movies of all time. One of the critics even states that this is the best " Trek " since " The Wrath of Khan ". They say that this is a fresh new approach that will most definately recharge the franchise. I am super excited for this film now. One other thing I would like to mention regarding the new toy line is that I am glad that Playmates is putting out a lot so all of us can have them. They aren't acting like Hasbro where it is next to impossible to find the good to great figures in the line. I believe that there will be plenty of the new Star Trek toys for everyone! Very exciting time for us all. Enjoy the ride because it is going to be a fun one! @trek@

I had the 3.75" figures on order with my Aussie dealer.

However with all these stories coming out about International releases not including the Bridge & Transporter consoles....I'm going to hold off for a while.

That's in the UK & Canada anyway. I don't think the figures have been spotted at all in Australia yet.

Today at Target I picked up the Bridge set. The floor mat is a pretty cheap design, but much larger than I thought it would be. I also picked up a 6" Kirk. My TRU has them, but they aren't putting them out until next week when they put up the display in the front of the store.

Today at Target I picked up the Bridge set. The floor mat is a pretty cheap design, but much larger than I thought it would be. I also picked up a 6" Kirk. My TRU has them, but they aren't putting them out until next week when they put up the display in the front of the store.

Grabbed the bridge set at Target as well. I have to agree that the vinyl mat is a little lack luster, but the rest of the set is much better than I had hoped. I love the console/Captains chair section, and the view screen insert is durable. Also, looking at the reviews, I was extremely skeptical about the figures. Once in hand, however, they are a lot more fun than I thought they would be: the good outweighs the bad. They remind me of DC Infinite Heroes, the sum is greater than the parts.

The bridge is nothing more then a plastic sheet?

Pretty much. The bulk of the weight is the captain's chair/helms piece. Bot nothing locks into place. They just sit on the mat.

Pretty much. The bulk of the weight is the captain's chair/helms piece. Bot nothing locks into place. They just sit on the mat.

......and they want $25 for it ??

I thought it might be plastic and all the set peices snapped on somehow

......and they want $25 for it ??

I thought it might be plastic and all the set peices snapped on somehow

yeah bit it isnt as bad, its a nice lil set. worth the 25 bucks. least it ain't 30 if it was now THAT ain't worth it.