Python Patrol Officer a peg warmer???

NAJAEMPIRE

The colors just dont scream Cobra and the yellow gloves are my personal turn-offs.

I agree. Although it wouldn't be a vintage figure, they should take the Python Officer and black out the rest of him. Similar to a shadow guard. I am sure the army building would increase with those modifications.

That's a shame since I really love PP.

However this fig was released earlier, and sometimes the market has had it's fill. Maybe these will move a bit more once the PP Conquest hits stores.

Speaking of conquest, isn't the reason why Python Patrol is so popular is due to being responsible for overthrowing Serpentor? Serpentor was never seen again once PP was created. (For you anti Serpentor fans)

I just liked them because they were nifty repaints. For some reason Tiger Force and Python Patrol were gold to me way back when because they gave me old sculpts but with new colors that really made them stand out for me. But I'm guessing the Officer is a pegwarmer because everybody is expecting an eventual troop builder set or such which will end up being a little cheaper.

That said, the PP Conquest and the Python Patrol Copperhead (with his boat) will probably make more of them sell.

Weren't these rereleased in a filler wave?

The problem with them (other than the knee pads being inaccurate @firedevil@ ) is that they didn't release enough of the others. The Python Guardsman is barely coming out and the Viper is stuck with the with Python Conquest. And Copperhead is not accurate at all.

Why not the Python Trooper? All THAT requires was a new webgear. Or The Python Tele-Viper to get correct hands (as with TF Flint and TF Duke).

Just having the one guy defeats the purpose of the Python Patrol.

To me it's price point. If they were $5 a piece, I would probably pick 6 or so up. Now that the prices have gone up, I am kinda iffy about picking up figures at random, especially repaints. I do prefer the 5 pack idea better. It is better on the wallet and you get 4 troops with 1 officer, instead of stock piling the officers.

Weren't these rereleased in a filler wave?

The problem with them (other than the knee pads being inaccurate @firedevil@ ) is that they didn't release enough of the others. The Python Guardsman is barely coming out and the Viper is stuck with the with Python Conquest. And Copperhead is not accurate at all.

Why not the Python Trooper? All THAT requires was a new webgear. Or The Python Tele-Viper to get correct hands (as with TF Flint and TF Duke).

Just having the one guy defeats the purpose of the Python Patrol.

I aggree, It will be impossible to troop build python patrol. and yes the inaccuracy, don't even look that much alike. Cooperhead, not sure where the new era version came from. I am still in a state of depression how they can't create a true cobra emperor of what Serpentor should look like.

Yeah, I picked up 5 or 6 but I think I only opened 1. Dont get me wrong, I dig PP (heh) vehicles and the red criss-cross patterns of the VvV and TRU exclusive 5 pack, but the original figs were hideous!

...and another thing, how friggin hard would it be to come out with a PP hiss already! I mean come on!

I got one, and only one!! Nice fig, but too soon I think!!! Back in the day, the Forces were for those that missed out on the original figures!! I already had em in their original form, but many of the younger kids didn't, and so it was perfect for them!!!

Now adays, what's the point other than a simple re-paint!! There's no need since eventually they'll just come out with yet another repaint!!! Back then, it took years!!!

For me, anything Python Patrol can peg warm until the end of time. I've never liked the colour scheme for those figures--and I just will not buy something that I think is that ugly. Its the yellow that does it.........just the wrong colour choice to go with the others.