Skullbuster Custom

Wayne Sneeden

This is a custom of Skullbuster as he appeared in the Devils Due comics about a year ago. I need to do some touch ups around his face and flesh in general, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. The mask is not as bad as it looks either, the white photographs rather poorly. Its not great either, needs some work, but the picture does not do it justice. I'll try to add some more pics later that show some of the other details like the tear in his pants that I sculpted in to appear as he has been wearing them in the jungle for some time.

Let me know what you think!

CIMG2236.jpg

Is that REALLY how he appeared in Devil's Due?

Well, I used a little artistic license with the addition of the animal skulls, but otherwise its pretty close. My scanner isn't working, and I apologize if this is not with in intellectual property rules, but here is a pic from the comic that I used as inspiration.

CIMG2238.jpg

I wonder why Skull Buster wasn't put into the Plague Troopers.

Having Skullbuster be the Range-Viper representative in the Plague would've been a smart move. It wouldn't have worked with the story as it was told, but it wouldn't have required much tweaking.

I felt the same way about the Night Creeper selection. It seemed like there was a chance to consolidate Aleph (the "leader" of the 1991 Night Creepers, in the comics at least), and the 1993 Night Creeper Leader (who has origins in the DIC episode "Revenge of the Pharoahs). Instead, they were made into two seperate people, definitively, further watering down and expanding an already over-stocked cast listing.

On the same token, I would've also folded the "Operation Flaming MOTH' figures from the Collector's club into the Plague. With a Snow Serpent and Range-Viper already in the mix, Frag, Flak, and Night Vipers would've been much better choices than a Crimson Guard (once they stop being red, they stop being relevant), or some US soldier recruited out of the blue. A Mortar-type soldier, an anti-aircraft troop, and a night-ops guy would've rounded out the Plague much better than some of the folks we did get.

On topic - that's a pretty perfect custom. It felt right just on first glance, but seeing it compared to that panel from the comic... wow! Spot-on!

Lazy me, I'd probably just've used the Indiana Jones guy (from the new movie). The sculpting on this head is great! Very accurate to the book!