The PIT (Movie) is going to be $100? Possible Target DCPI

canprime

Well according to JediDefender, there is a listing in the Target computers for the PIT at $99.99.

Here is the link:

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullne...232504675,95633,

So if this is true, then I can safely say that this will be a brand new mold and not a rehash of the older ARAH molds.

Can't wait to see pics.

Oh, and a CLONE TURBO TANK for next Christmas in the SW line!!!!

Well, since the link doesn't work, I think its safe to say this is less than rumor.

Not sure why the link doesn't work but the article can be successfully found by going to their main home page.

Thanks...I'll check it out!

This certainly seems valid, as in another thread it was mentioned that someone who has a wholesale acct with Hasbro said the Pitt was listed as $91 wholesale. Considering larger chains get better discounts, I would assume this would allow them to sell it for $100, whereas someone with a personal acct wouldn't. I can't wait to see pics of this thing!

Someone please explain me about it?

The Pit? you mean a Cobra base or something? based on what era? Cartoon (The Pit of the Viper episode) or other things (Movie? the new one coming?)

Thanks in Advance guys!

So Roadpig Master are you new to the Joe mythos??? Or did you never read the comic as a kid?? Just wondering. Funny how different the comic and cartoon were, even though based on the same property.

The PITT was the underground cavernous headquarters, motor pool and training facility used by the Joes in the comics run(as well as some of the 'toon, IIRC). It was based under the Chaplain's School(is that right?). A small building on the surface, huge huge base hidden underneath. It was attacked a couple times by Cobra(both Marvel and DDP). I want to say that it was the result of one of these attacks that made them move it to the desert from the Chaplain's School location. Anyone fill in the blanks here?

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics for this thing if its true, wonder how big it will be compared to the previous Joe HQs

100 bucks is kinda steep, its gonna have to be pretty awesome for that

So Roadpig Master are you new to the Joe mythos??? Or did you never read the comic as a kid?? Just wondering. Funny how different the comic and cartoon were, even though based on the same property.

Sorry just watched the cartoons in the 80s!

I read some of the comics since 2006 but just a few...

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics for this thing if its true, wonder how big it will be compared to the previous Joe HQs

I kinda find myself thinking it's not going to be anything spectacular, but only based on the SW BMF. You figure that one started out at 150, though that was partly due to what I like to call 'Automatic Star Wars Inflation Syndrome'. The 'true' price for that should have been 100, like it is on clearance now. Now, what we got was a pretty nice piece of work, so I'm not knocking the toy, just using it as a possible comparison. What I would expect from this Pit would be similar. Comparable size and features. I am not expecting anything the size of the FLAGG, which had that kinda price point back in the day. I think we will be looking at something more like the Terrordome, maybe with some sounds/lights.

I kinda find myself thinking it's not going to be anything spectacular, but only based on the SW BMF. You figure that one started out at 150, though that was partly due to what I like to call 'Automatic Star Wars Inflation Syndrome'. The 'true' price for that should have been 100, like it is on clearance now. Now, what we got was a pretty nice piece of work, so I'm not knocking the toy, just using it as a possible comparison. What I would expect from this Pit would be similar. Comparable size and features. I am not expecting anything the size of the FLAGG, which had that kinda price point back in the day. I think we will be looking at something more like the Terrordome, maybe with some sounds/lights.

I think lights and sounds are a likely part of the PIT. I also think we will see at least 2 floors, and a vehicle lift/elevator.

As for the Night Raven, I figure it will be similar in size to the ARAH one. Since the Rattler/Conquest came in under $30 I figure it will come in somewhere around $50 depending on "extras" (sounds, lights, etc.)

According to the soon-to-be-opening-an-online-store poster over at HT.com.

on a quick side note.. the Joe Movie HQ playset might be HUGE - its wholesale price is $95 and is shipped 1 per case.. 27.5" x 9.5" x 15.75" is the shipping case size. and weighs 12.21lbs

I think lights and sounds are a likely part of the PIT. I also think we will see at least 2 floors, and a vehicle lift/elevator.

As for the Night Raven, I figure it will be similar in size to the ARAH one. Since the Rattler/Conquest came in under $30 I figure it will come in somewhere around $50 depending on "extras" (sounds, lights, etc.)

No the Rattler was $50 at target, not $30. That would be a clearance price. Just as the BMF Falcon was $150 and clearanced at $90.

The Rattler and Conquest are $26. I just picked up the Conquest the other day (I figured I better grab one before they start disappearing).

It makes me wonder though, the Ultimate Battle Pack was originally listed as $50, but went up to $65.

Also that big ass Millenium Falcon, how well did that sell? It seemed to go pretty well. Hell even I was thinking of getting one and I don't collect Star Wars.

Having a $100, rumored mind you, price tag is little indication of quality. Look at all the complaints about the Ultimate Battle Pack, among other examples..

I don't really care about the price, I just care about how good it will be..

and I think its going to be pretty crappy if its a new mold thing.. just look at that snow mobile thingy that we have seen proto pics of... man, it's super cheesy and pre-school looking.

and I think its going to be pretty crappy if its a new mold thing.. just look at that snow mobile thingy that we have seen proto pics of... man, it's super cheesy and pre-school looking.

this is my worry as well since i am getting a negative vibe from that vehicle and the cobra one shown in toyfare as well.

i dont care about the price of something. if it is good i will buy it.

i am more worried it will have lots of spring loaded gimmicks and lights and sounds which will ruin it since it means more room will be needed to fit the electronics/gimmicks.

i honestly wouldnt mind a revamped pit from the old line. updated it would look great

"27.5" x 9.5" x 15.75" is the shipping case size. and weighs 12.21lbs"

so over 2 feet wide . 9.5" tall and a foot and a half deep. unless they screw with the measurements since it usually goes WxHxD

that isnt too bad of a size for this but then again it is all about the pics. cant wait to see them!

yup, giant missile launchers are guaranteed. hopefully they won't detract too much from the whole base.

this is my worry as well since i am getting a negative vibe from that vehicle and the cobra one shown in toyfare as well.

i dont care about the price of something. if it is good i will buy it.

i am more worried it will have lots of spring loaded gimmicks and lights and sounds which will ruin it since it means more room will be needed to fit the electronics/gimmicks.

i honestly wouldnt mind a revamped pit from the old line. updated it would look great

"27.5" x 9.5" x 15.75" is the shipping case size. and weighs 12.21lbs"

so over 2 feet wide . 9.5" tall and a foot and a half deep. unless they screw with the measurements since it usually goes WxHxD

that isnt too bad of a size for this but then again it is all about the pics. cant wait to see them!

Don't forget that the measurements are just the box itself. The PIT could easily be much bigger once it is removed from the box and put together.

The one thing I want to warn people against is unrealistic expectations.

This is not the PIT from the 80s comics. This is the movie PIT. That means, whatever the PIT looks like in the movie, this item will be based on. Hopefully it will be awesome, but don't get it into your heads that this is the original.

This is not the PIT from the 80s comics. This is the movie PIT. That means, whatever the PIT looks like in the movie, this item will be based on. Hopefully it will be awesome, but don't get it into your heads that this is the original.

It could look like an outhouse.

With guns.