Would you be happier with, or without DCUC?

pooda

i hear a lot of complaints about mattel products. im not saying that they're not valid complaints, but there are a lot of complaints. my question's simple...would you be better of without DCUC? this isnt a "if mattel gets it together" question. this is a "what you see, is what you get" question. so....what's up?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear a lot of complaints about mattel products. im not saying that they're not valid complaints, but there are a lot of complaints. my question's simple...would you be better of without DCUC? this isnt a "if mattel gets it together" question. this is a "what you see, is what you get" question. so....what's up?

So far, I'm pleased with what I have gotten. Most of my figures have been bought online without really seeing what I'm getting. Normally, I like to buy my figures at a store so I can look at all to pick out the best one. I just wish distribution would be better. However, one walmart about an hour from me will be getting them as I have found the tags for them. That's a lot better than going 2-3 hours some places to get them. So to answer your question, I feel that I'm pretty well off with them. I don't have a huge collection of DC figures and as I said, I'm pleased with what I have. Just ready to get Flash, Captain Cold, and a new Joker (if they make one). Really wish I could get that Two-Face though.

I'm happy that are encompassing <sp? the whole DCU now if I can get a Captain Comet figure that would the cherry on top

First off love the little box man did you make that?

If I may your question really isn't so cut n dry. So heres my take Would i be better off or happier. In one way yes could have saved gas and time and money period and no headachs for the bad paint and breaking parts and distrabution.

But on the other had NO because I love these little guys. As i loved the super powers line and really the way figures should have been done all along. I know marvel had there thing as far as sclupts and the ball joints n whatnot. Dc took it to a new level even though its simple its efective.

Also dc direct is nice n all but its kinda boring and its great to have a better choice even non collectors may walk by DCUC and be like kool or maybe even pick something up. So i guess i lean more to No i would not be happier with out it just a little more money in my pocket lol.

But if I didn't collect this it would be something else like shoes or clothes or dvd's or DCD and so on

With! Even with all the pains I love em so freaking much. And with ML slowly fading I need my 6 inch comic fix. So its up to Mattel to build me a collection I can proudly display along with my ML........... oh dear and I am having to hope Mattel can do that @loll@

Draven

First off love the little box man did you make that?

If I may your question really isn't so cut n dry. So heres my take Would i be better off or happier. In one way yes could have saved gas and time and money period and no headachs for the bad paint and breaking parts and distrabution.

But on the other had NO because I love these little guys. As i loved the super powers line and really the way figures should have been done all along. I know marvel had there thing as far as sclupts and the ball joints n whatnot. Dc took it to a new level even though its simple its efective.

Also dc direct is nice n all but its kinda boring and its great to have a better choice even non collectors may walk by DCUC and be like kool or maybe even pick something up. So i guess i lean more to No i would not be happier with out it just a little more money in my pocket lol.

But if I didn't collect this it would be something else like shoes or clothes or dvd's or DCD and so on

no, i didnt make him. thats revoltech danboard.

Yes, if this is the question put to me....I AM better off WITHOUT DCUC. The question is almost rhetorical because DCUC very difficult to acquire locally, but a couple of specialty stores do carry SOME.

Since I cannot buy the specific characters I'm interested in directly i would be better off just ignoring the line........but.....as with anything in life, where there is a will there is a way.

And I have my ways.

My wallet would be happier that's for sure!!! I am happy with this line, it's better than any previous line since the Super Power line, and we're getting standard figures with decent articualtion and a great selection!! Sure some oddball sizes, Solomon and Siniestro, but otherwise, keep em coming!!!!

Happy WITH the line. Unhappy without it. I've heard alot of complaints about distribution and poor paint jobs and legs breaking off. None of that has happened to me. I've found every figure. I've only had one paintjob be "not perfect". And none of my figures have broken.

This is a great series with a lot of potential for great future releases. I hope it goes on for years.

Its a good series of figures since the Marvel Legends is wrapping up. I am a lifelong D.C. fan with a ton of their comicbooks and a complete set of the Super Powers line, so of course I have to support the line.

I haven't been entirely successful in finding what I want, though but to be honest, I haven't used all of the tools and avenues I possess to complete the line. I'm in it for the long haul regardless.

Its a good series of figures since the Marvel Legends is wrapping up. I am a lifelong D.C. fan with a ton of their comicbooks and a complete set of the Super Powers line, so of course I have to support the line.

I haven't been entirely successful in finding what I want, though but to be honest, I haven't used all of the tools and avenues I possess to complete the line. I'm in it for the long haul regardless.

why is marvel legends the medium for everything?

Because some people have an unreasonable assessment that a thousand POA equals Quality.

doesn't matter if it's good articulation, or even useful articulation, just that there's LOTS of articualtion.

How true, like so much articulation the figure takes nosedives off your shelf. I'm not surprised though, Marvel and their fans make everything MU related seem like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread *cough* Civil War *cough*.

Sorry. To the point, I'm in the with column, but I don't buy them anymore. I've been burned too much in a short span of time.

Pooda you question has a flaw in it. You state that "what you see is what you get". Well for many people that open there toys this does not hold true! How is a person supose to SEE that the DCUC fig they are about to buy is going to loose both its legs or another is about to snap apart at the mid section???

I people knew ahead of time that their fig in perticular was going to break (i.e. a label on the product stating imperfect or illregular like Value City did for its clothing), then yes, you would have a good point. But there are people out there going to great leanths just to get there hands on what ever they can find at affordable prices, only to have their hearts broken............by a broken figure no less.

BUT! seeing as how I am MOC my offical answer to your "flawed" question is NO. I would not be happier with out them..................thank God I'll never know which of them are complete sh*t.

It's also a kind of temporal paradox. And I'm probably reading too much into it...

If they had never made these ('without them'), then I would not have known if I was missing out an anything. But, having had the joy of ML and DCD, I would be pining for a comparable DC 6-inch figure.

If they made them and I didn't like them, I would not buy them (a la DCIH), and seemingly would be happier without.

So, I guess my answer would be 'happier with', as without would have left me wanting.

And I guess I am one of the luckier ones, as I have had very few problems with the line. And none that could not be corrected or fixed.

i believe in keeping things simple and smart i know what youre asking and my answer would be no i would not be happier without them i enjoy the hunt and since i am a MOC collector i dont have the problems some of you have and since i get mine at retail i can choose the best paint apps.

why is marvel legends the medium for everything?

Because some people have an unreasonable assessment that a thousand POA equals Quality.

doesn't matter if it's good articulation, or even useful articulation, just that there's LOTS of articualtion.

Not what I meant...What I was saying was that I had an opening for a new line to collect since the Marvel one was ending....

Besides all the problems that Mattel has had with their toyline, the DCUClassics are indeed a great line, but a little out of time in various POV. My point is that, if they were conceived and released a year or two after the Toybiz ML debuted back then in 2001, they could really had become a backbone for Mattel. the problem is that they were not.

I don't mean that they are not hot, THEY ARE REALLY COOL, but hey lets face reality; ML is coming to a close even if Hasbro denies it, they are remaking some of the first Toybiz figures from the early years and offering them as 2-packs, as well as producing new ones to go with them. My bet is, as many of you do too, that Hasbro will put all the fire on their new MUFF 3 3/4" line and go on with it. Although i haven't been able to get one, the reviews look them to be very promising, really.

Now, DCUC are cool, but the DCUIH are not, in fact they are really lame, which makes no real competition with the MUFF, the result MARVEL wins big AGAIN!.

If Mattel ever decided to shrink their DCUC just as they are in the 3 3/4" format, then we could be talking about something, but meanwhile, i will have to spend an average of $23 bucks for a DCUC right here in my lovely MEXICO, because Mattel International haven't brought the DCUC for a mass release here; which by the way reminds me that the MUFF are coming in spring and i will be waiting for them.

My life is better with them but at a severe cost. Poor distribution and the recent issues involving quality have been a constant issue. Like someone mention, I also have the complete set of the Super Powers line (all except the Justice Jogger) and as a DC fan I needed a new line and DCSH bought that to me, and DCUC took it to a whole new level.

Also looking back ML is and was a pretty poor product. the sculpts were great but they suffered from poor quality plastic, terrible hand sculpts and the horrid ball joints. ML took their cues from Japanese toys and ushered in a new era for action figures especially with the BAF, however DCUC looks better and has more potential, its like standing you Super Powers collection next to your Secret Wars figures....NO COMPARISON

i would like to say this...

1) i dont collect DCUC because marvel legends might be biting the dust.

2) i wouldnt be happy without DCUC. i love DC characters, but i didnt have any DC figs. DCD sucks IMO.

3)i would give up collecting everything at this point to collect DCUC.

Pooda you question has a flaw in it. You state that "what you see is what you get". Well for many people that open there toys this does not hold true! How is a person supose to SEE that the DCUC fig they are about to buy is going to loose both its legs or another is about to snap apart at the mid section???

I people knew ahead of time that their fig in perticular was going to break (i.e. a label on the product stating imperfect or illregular like Value City did for its clothing), then yes, you would have a good point. But there are people out there going to great leanths just to get there hands on what ever they can find at affordable prices, only to have their hearts broken............by a broken figure no less.

BUT! seeing as how I am MOC my offical answer to your "flawed" question is NO. I would not be happier with out them..................thank God I'll never know which of them are complete sh*t.

what you see, is what you get means that you have to except the figs/line/company, with all of the flaws. you cant say "if mattel fixes distribution" or "if the QC was better". you either are thankful for the current mattel/dcuc, or youre not. as far as limbs just falling off...i have a hard time believing that. im willing to bet that most broken limbs come from forcing soming to move. ive broken limbs, but none have ever just fallen off....the freezer trick works for me.

All I own from "DCUC" is a Wonder Woman but I'm happy there's finally a DC line under $15 (If just barely) that's available outside of comic book stores AND can be played with.

I'm also very satisfied with my Wonder Woman. Even if her weapons are rather flimsy