DC Direct Blackest Night Figures

Rollo Tomassi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are very nice and since I can't get enough of the Green Lantern books these are especially big wants, the only downside is that I cannot afford them. DCUC are almost hitting the same price and its all too much. The Blackest Night storyline is just about the best storyline since this new decade started.

Makes me miss the ol' comic days as this sounds like a good story. I'm not sure I like the idea of different color Lanterns, seeing as how that makes the description of GL's ring as 'the most powerful weapon in the universe' not really true anymore, but I DO like the look of these guys. Well, except for maybe E-2 Supes, who I am hoping they are intentionally blacking out. I'd like to see more of the various teams, too, but I guess that'll depend on how well these do, and how well the story is received.

(Also, odd side note, but having seen 'I, Robot' a bajillion times now thanks to TNT or FX, that blue fella kinda resembles the older model of the robots there...)

These are due out in September. And I was as blindsided as you were, S-Queen. My buddy called me this morning and woke me up and asked me which of the DCD Blackest Night figures I was getting, and I mumbled "whattheeffareyoutalkingabout?!?" As soon as I was lucid, I did a little e-research and let you guys know the good news.

These are due out in September. And I was as blindsided as you were, S-Queen. My buddy called me this morning and woke me up and asked me which of the DCD Blackest Night figures I was getting, and I mumbled "whattheeffareyoutalkingabout?!?" As soon as I was lucid, I did a little e-research and let you guys know the good news.

well thanks for the heads up. I just dump my entire transformer movie merch collection and now that ive got some spending cash im going hog wild on DC!!!!

I love these figures and I'll be getting all of these. I have a Lantern Corp theme going on in my collection room and these would be welcomed additions.

I've never been a fan of DCD's figures, just interested for the story lines they represent. I think the Blackest Night will be an interesting story so these figures are just that. I guess this answers Pee Gee of Earth-2's question as to the whereabouts of her cousin..

In a recent JSA arc, Pee Gee of Earth-1 was sent by a god of the third world to what is currently Earth-2, thinking it would be the Earth-2 of pre-Crisis days. Turns out it wasn't. When the multi-verse was re-created a NEW Earth-2 was created meaning that Earth-1 is Pee Gee's one true home now. The Pee Gee of Earth-2 came back and thought the Pee Gee of Earth-1 to be a villain. The Pee Gee of Earth-2 was off looking for her cousin (Superman of Earth-2). Sorta hard to understand, just remember that the Superman who survived Crisis (along with Alex Luthor and Superboy Prime) is not the Superman of Earth-2 this entire question revolves around. The Superman of Earth-2 disappeared for reasons as yet to be explained.

But back to the Darkest Night.....since when have there been other color lanterns? I know we've had green and yellow in the past (duh) but now one for every color of the rainbow? You think someone, somewhere would have stumbled onto the powers of the color orange and become an orange lantern. I know DC doesn't want us to think that, and it is just a comic book, but make it work within the world you have established. Otherwise, it seems like every time something unusual happens, it's as if a wizard did it.

I've never been a fan of DCD's figures, just interested for the story lines they represent. I think the Blackest Night will be an interesting story so these figures are just that. I guess this answers Pee Gee of Earth-2's question as to the whereabouts of her cousin..

In a recent JSA arc, Pee Gee of Earth-1 was sent by a god of the third world to what is currently Earth-2, thinking it would be the Earth-2 of pre-Crisis days. Turns out it wasn't. When the multi-verse was re-created a NEW Earth-2 was created meaning that Earth-1 is Pee Gee's one true home now. The Pee Gee of Earth-2 came back and thought the Pee Gee of Earth-1 to be a villain. The Pee Gee of Earth-2 was off looking for her cousin (Superman of Earth-2). Sorta hard to understand, just remember that the Superman who survived Crisis (along with Alex Luthor and Superboy Prime) is not the Superman of Earth-2 this entire question revolves around. The Superman of Earth-2 disappeared for reasons as yet to be explained.

But back to the Darkest Night.....since when have there been other color lanterns? I know we've had green and yellow in the past (duh) but now one for every color of the rainbow? You think someone, somewhere would have stumbled onto the powers of the color orange and become an orange lantern. I know DC doesn't want us to think that, and it is just a comic book, but make it work within the world you have established. Otherwise, it seems like every time something unusual happens, it's as if a wizard did it.

if youve read the books then you would understand why there are more now and havent been earlier...but even a few years ago there were not any GREEN lanterns...black is cuz of Anti-montior corpse...red cuz of artuicus (SP), blue cuz of ganthent (SP) and his desire for safety, violet for love i.e. star stapphire- just giving her a better origin i suppose, orange im not real sure about cuz they havent went inot more detail jsut yet...if you actually read the book you will understand in a believeable way ( in comics anyway) how this is possible...but man i stoked about these figures!! i just hope we get more fo the other ones!!!

These are very nice and since I can't get enough of the Green Lantern books these are especially big wants, the only downside is that I cannot afford them. DCUC are almost hitting the same price and its all too much. The Blackest Night storyline is just about the best storyline since this new decade started.

Could you edit the size of you're sig please thank you

blackestnight_L.jpg

Yo Rollo! what up man. So whats the skinny on these figs? This is the first ive ever heard of them and usualy keep a good ear to the ground on DCD. When are they due out?

When in doubt

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=13926

For someone who seems to have a good handle on and understand all the different earth's cra* & have no problem with it I'm simply amazed that you can't understand or have a problem with different colored lanterns ... to put it simply read new green lantern series to understand it grab a few trades & catch up I'd start wtih uhm rebirth I think it was ... its all good stuff .... even the lucky charms lanterns :P

Hmmm I have all of the GL wavess 1 &2 I'm tempted to get these but now with DCUC ... my question is ... will they come along and make any of these better ?... I know we already got a better sinestro corps figure out of them as well as a green lantern figure! Not that the DCD don't look nice on display but still ...

Makes me miss the ol' comic days as this sounds like a good story. I'm not sure I like the idea of different color Lanterns, seeing as how that makes the description of GL's ring as 'the most powerful weapon in the universe' not really true anymore, but I DO like the look of these guys. Well, except for maybe E-2 Supes, who I am hoping they are intentionally blacking out. I'd like to see more of the various teams, too, but I guess that'll depend on how well these do, and how well the story is received.

(Also, odd side note, but having seen 'I, Robot' a bajillion times now thanks to TNT or FX, that blue fella kinda resembles the older model of the robots there...)

I never thought of it but you are kind of right :D :D I guess its just the basic humanoid form though really if you think about it :P Blue lanterns really have my interest right now in the series but they seem a little too "perfect" to be true type think yknow ... like someone coming along and offering you $100000000000 for free ...you're still all " whats the catch" :D Oh I should point out he has a tail like thing that is part of his head as well... I don't know why we can't see it in this picture ... he also looks mean and nasty which is just not right at all for the character ... unless this is some thing of signs to come that we have not seen yet?

I've been reading this story line and the entire time I was thinking it was only a matter of time before we see figures. (Anyone else get a Power Rangers feel with the whole Red Lanter, Blue Lantern, Green Lantern, Black Lantern....?)

That's where DUD has it all over DCUC. You'll get figures based on current storylines. And these look pretty good.

Seeing the actual Black Lantern Superman figure has made me want these figures. The whole multi-colored Lantern thing has piqued my interest as well. It sounded silly at first, but after reading the Yellow Lantern/Sinestro Corps hardcovers, I'm game.

Yeah, that was a nice reveal, not only of the E-2 Supes character, but also the next wave. I am liking these, and the likelihood of DCUC duplicating them like the New Gods is fairly slim, with the exception of John Stewart, so I bet I'll end up with all of them.

Yeah, that was a nice reveal, not only of the E-2 Supes character, but also the next wave. I am liking these, and the likelihood of DCUC duplicating them like the New Gods is fairly slim, with the exception of John Stewart, so I bet I'll end up with all of them.

I duno we have got quite a few modern based figuers...

blacklightning

dr fate

firestorm

AM modern variant

& then there is sinestro him self all yellowed up :)

That is just to name a few ... Honestly I'm a little surprised and disappointed we did not get a modern blue beetle variant with this ... I guess that would be an entirely new sculpt though really...

Ah what the hell! I am down for everything I already have all of wave 1 & 2 & even if DCUC does do a few it will be just that ... not all of them... I can keep my DCD separate from my dcuc or mix and match as I so choose :D DCUC doing just means I get a better toy to play with anyways ... SOOOOO.... ARe there one or two upcoming waves here?.. Looks like a total of 7 figures plus one ?build a figure? the SM? In that pic that EdHaskell posted

Are you thinking the figs pictured are for DCUC? I'm almost sure I misinterpretted you, but just in case, they are DC Direct, meaning no BAFs.

As for DCUC putting out modern versions of figures, it seems to mostly be only in the case of variants. Jason Firestorm, Dr. Fate Gold, Sinestro Yellow, and Aqua-hippie were all variants. And that's fine. Black Lightning is the exception, and I would have liked his 80's outfit better. What I meant is, I don't think DCUC will get around to characters like these until they have taken care of the 'Classic' aspect of the DC universe. So while these Lanterns might be made somewhere down the road, they have a lot of older stuff to get to first.

And you can get a modern Blue Beetle from the DCD First Appearances line that fits very well with DCUC.

I guess Superheroes commin back from the dead also applies to parallel universe characterz as well. If earth 2 superman comes back from the dead, I am sure the dark knight will as well

He's already got the color scheme for it.

I just hope this isn't going to be an excuse to resurect just any old dead character. Or worse, every old dead character. Pa Kent, Ted Kord, Maxwell Lord, all the way back to the Golden Age dead JSA fellas. I think that would cheapen the storyline big time!