Sharc (Tooth)

Valdin

On my recent outing, I decided to hunt the scarce SHARC. I wasn't going to at first, but after reading several reviews, my mind was quickly changed. I have to say I am so glad I did pick it up (went through 6 stores, this must be popular!!) After my joy of adding the stickers, the nostalgia hit me. It was great!! The new and improved deep six was perfect (well could have used a little mobility in the legs and neck to look like the art on the box, but otherwise perfect). After all the repaints and the bummer news on the movie, my spirits got lifted a little with this. Now I can't wait for the Cobra Water moccasin!!

Also as a side note I have to say the new he-man classics figures have gotten me excited to be a collector as well. I got he-man and beastman for my birthday. I can't wait for skeletor, and the rest. They are a little pricey but worth it. I think this line would be cool in the joe scale, as well. just my opinion.

Congrats Valdin. I had a similar experience with the Vamp. The nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks when I started applying the labels. I wish I had grabbed a Sharc as well though; I had one as a kid and always felt like it was underrated.

As for the MOTU Classics, I've been tempted a few times over the years to get into MOTU in general, but it never took. As a kid I wasn't into it, although I thought the characters were very colorful. I did actually own Rio Blast (Was that his name?) and some character that was like a Rock Lord that changed into a rock or something, but that was about it. I tried to buy a Battle Armor Skeletor, but when I took it up to the register I didn't have enough money and had to leave it. My little brother on the other hand had a bunch of them, Castle Greyskull even. I converted it into Cobra Headquarters a few time when he wasn't around. (lol) But I did in recent years buy a few of the 2002 line's figures, but I ended up selling them. More recently I've been tempted to get some of the Classics figures from mattycollector.com. I guess I'm just enamoured with buying exclusive mint figures directly from the factory more than anything. I really like the 2002 figures better. I liked their dynamic sculpting and fine details, and I have been tempted to get a few cases of them in recent months, although I can completely appreciate what they're doing with the new line by making them resemble the originals more...

Sheesh...how did that turn into a MOTU thread? (lol) Again congratulations on your newfound happiness Valdin. I too am having fun rebuilding my Joe collection. I'd like to slowly rebuild my Transformers collection as well.

I think of all the new (re-released) vehicles, the Sharc is about the only one I wasn't really into. It just has such limited purpose, and nothing really catchy about it. It can really only hold one figure well, and just doesn't have the cool factor like the Flight Pod, Rattler, Firebat, etc do IMO.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad vehicle, but it's not exactly my favorite. :(

Well, I really wish they'd make a version that allows the regular figures to sit upright in it like they did on the show. I used to love seeing Shipwreck piloting one in the opening credits. That'd be cool...

True it would be better with somemore retooling to perfect it, like what they did with most everything else of just lowering the cockpit a little, so they can sit upright. Thats where the poseable legs would come in too. From the design art its kinda neat the way they are on the belly looking up and piloting that way, but in reality that would cause neck strain (I would think). To add if you were doing that you wouldnt want to be looking down at the monitor half the time your piloting either.

On a side note here, I do have to say I have had less headache ordering gi joe figure cases online to save on hunting, and to insure I got the whole set in one go. The only dissapointment with that was when I got (the recent) zartan, his face paint is a little off. It looks like it goes at an angle at the top like the figure was moved while being painted. That was the figure I was dieing for, and I am so glad I got him. I would have bought a replacment in store, but haven't seen it anywhere. At least I got one.

The 2002 MOTU figures are awesome, and I got most of them. I think they are great! Castle Greyskull was great for the original and the new line!. I would have never thought to get the new classics line until I saw Skeletor, and Merman. They sold me. When the 2002 line came out they did a mcdonalds happy meal line, and the figures were smaller. Thats why I thought, the motu line would be cool to see in Joe scale. I would probably buy both scales.

I prefer the smurfy Night Spectre colors over the Sharc Tooth myself.

uh...

@lol@

I haven't bought it yet, but its starting to show up more. I had bought 4 of the Target exclusives last year and I think that caused me not to go after this release right away.

I thought the H.I.S.S. was the most over-used mold....

I haven't bought it yet, but its starting to show up more. I had bought 4 of the Target exclusives last year and I think that caused me not to go after this release right away.

The V.A.M.P. was used 12 times. The H.I.S.S. only had 9 (10 if you include that future arctic version).

The Sharc was actually only used 6 times.

The V.A.M.P. was used 12 times. The H.I.S.S. only had 9 (10 if you include that future arctic version).

The Sharc was actually only used 6 times.

12 times....thats is alot!!!

But you gotta admit they are nice designs. I think we can give hasbro a slide on those. I will gladly buy the stinger and the arctic hiss when they come out. I think it is nice that they are being inventive with vehicles to come up with the arctic hiss. I can't wait to see what they "make" next. I am still holding out for a concept art hiss with drop down canopy. With the SHARC if it was just a redo with no improvements, I would have passed.

I still hope to see the cobra WOLF, snowcat, destro despoiler, Terrordrome, non movie night raven, tomahawk, HAVOK, Hydrofoil, and of course the whale.

I still hope to see the cobra WOLF, snowcat, destro despoiler, Terrordrome, non movie night raven, tomahawk, HAVOK, Hydrofoil, and of course the whale.

Ditto.

Actually, all of those, except the Despoiler, are my favorite Joe vehicles. You have good tastes. :)

Thanks, Bro. Wasn't the despoiler the little flight pod like Serpentors air chariot? I liked that one. Oh well.

Thanks, Bro. Wasn't the despoiler the little flight pod like Serpentors air chariot? I liked that one. Oh well.

Ya, that was the one. I like it too, but was just pointing out that the other vehicles you mentioned are all in my top 10 favorite vehicles, along with the Rattler and Skystriker. :D

Well...I guess the Terrordrome isn't really a vehicle, but you get what I'm saying. ;)

Dude!! How could I forget the SkyStriker!!! I never had it as a kid but always wanted it!

Dude!! How could I forget the SkyStriker!!! I never had it as a kid but always wanted it!

There was a lot of talk about Hasbro reaquiring the Skystriker mold a few years ago, but it never came to fruition. And, unfortunately, if we are going to get a jet for the movie, it would probably be an F-22, if not the Thunderwing.