"WHO IS THE ULTIMATE FAN SITE" 5th & Final Competition, Ultimate Collection

JayC

I came on tonight, and was reading through these threads, and can't understand where some people are coming from. This is supposed to be a fun competition. I know that we are all proud of what we have and what we have to offer for the contest, but asking members to show pics of items that they say they have....really? I looked at the pic, and yes...it looks as though he cleaned up the background of the Flagg, so it looked presentable in a picture w/ the fake water...but I don't think it looks as if he got it from somewhere else. As a team, we followed the criteria that was asked of us, and I believe that Action Figure Soundwave's collection speaks for itself. Action, if you have a chance, I hope you can take a few updated pics to show everyone what you have that is being questioned. Good Luck Everyone!

how about just a pic of you, and your Defiant, AND Flagg holding a current Newspaper.....

Im sorry, but the Flagg pics looked Photoshopped. I dont want to be the bad guy here, but we very well could have "pooled" rescources and had a collection to rival Yojoe.com. I really dont want to cry foul here, but you never mention anything about owning a Defiant or Flagg on your Collection list at Joedios. I would think those would be crown jewels in your collection worth noting...

Just snap a pic of the Flagg and Defiant holding the date or a current Newspaper,NOT PHOTOSHOPPED and I will whole heartedly apologize for bringing it up. This is kind of a small community.

Please all, dont get me wrong, but look at the pic of the Flagg....I want the winners, who ever they are to win fair and square.

post-2003-1232683279_thumb.jpg

Sorry...I didn't see the rest of the postings by Action....hopefully that will put everything to rest.

I came on tonight, and was reading through these threads, and can't understand where some people are coming from. This is supposed to be a fun competition. I know that we are all proud of what we have and what we have to offer for the contest, but asking members to show pics of items that they say they have....really? I looked at the pic, and yes...it looks as though he cleaned up the background of the Flagg, so it looked presentable in a picture w/ the fake water...but I don't think it looks as if he got it from somewhere else. As a team, we followed the criteria that was asked of us, and I believe that Action Figure Soundwave's collection speaks for itself. Action, if you have a chance, I hope you can take a few updated pics to show everyone what you have that is being questioned. Good Luck Everyone!

how about just a pic of you, and your Defiant, AND Flagg holding a current Newspaper.....

Im sorry, but the Flagg pics looked Photoshopped. I dont want to be the bad guy here, but we very well could have "pooled" rescources and had a collection to rival Yojoe.com. I really dont want to cry foul here, but you never mention anything about owning a Defiant or Flagg on your Collection list at Joedios. I would think those would be crown jewels in your collection worth noting...

Just snap a pic of the Flagg and Defiant holding the date or a current Newspaper,NOT PHOTOSHOPPED and I will whole heartedly apologize for bringing it up. This is kind of a small community.

Please all, dont get me wrong, but look at the pic of the Flagg....I want the winners, who ever they are to win fair and square.

Oh I wasn't directing that toward you AFS, sorry...I should have been more clear-my bad.

I was directing it toward DANSJOES.....I'm confused as to *why* he's posted up part of his collection.

Your pic, while I personally find it a bit 'schoolboy'-ish is no worse than SE75 calling you on it.....hell, I've known you through JD for several years and you've never talked about having a FLAGG. I've got a FLAGG and I know that anyone who's got one takes every opportunity to snag a buttload of pics on it when that rare occassion arises to put that baby together.....and with the army builder collection you've got-well, lets put it this way.....if I had all the figures you do, I'd set 'em up on my FLAGG!!!

Hey, that gives me an idea........you wanna part with a couple or 50 o' those??? ;)

*Technically* the submission for the contest ended yesterday when Jay initially closed this thread......

Based on what he opened it back up for, that was to hear what people thought of the collection submitted before the deadline came and went......

That's the way I'm reading it anyway. ;)

I was just kidding about posting more pictures , mainly cause I don't seem to have a versitile collection ..... but I looked at Beachhead666's collection this morning ( after the entries were finalised)and there was only 26 pages on his photobucket .... now there are 30 pages....he's added a good 3 or 4 pages of additional pictures .... now is that allowed in the contest ?

*Technically* the submission for the contest ended yesterday when Jay initially closed this thread......

Based on what he opened it back up for, that was to hear what people thought of the collection submitted before the deadline came and went......

That's the way I'm reading it anyway. ;)

I was just kidding about posting more pictures , mainly cause I don't seem to have a versitile collection ..... but I looked at Beachhead666's collection this morning ( after the entries were finalised)and there was only 26 pages on his photobucket .... now there are 30 pages....he's added a good 3 or 4 pages of additional pictures .... now is that allowed in the contest ?

Good question......I'm curious to know the answer myself!

(which was what I was inquiring about initially as well!!) ;)

i uploaded the pics of my comics last night as jay was closing the thread. i also sent jay a PM telling him this, and that if he didnt wanna use the comics, thatd be cool, but i was gonna throw them in the folder anyways (mainly cause i had already started uploading).

so, im sorry, but you didnt see 26 pages this morning. you saw them last night. it was roughly 11 pm my time last night when i finished.

Oh...forgot to add my input...

I think you both have great collections. That said, every time I've ever seen pics of AFS's collection, whether it be here, or on the yojoe boards, I'm truly in shock over the sheer volume of stuff that he has. I think it's pretty hard for anyone to compete with that. Here's how I would break down the points:

Size of Collection - AFS

Most Obscure Item - Beachhead (he had some pretty cool, off the wall, things that I've never seen before)

Most Valueable - Not really sure. Seems like some of the international stuff AFS had might take this...not really sure on exact prices though.

Largest Item - AFS

Appearance of Collection - Well, as picky as I am...it doesn't really seem like either of them really have their stuff "displayed." More like they brought it out to take pictures. So, I'd call this a draw.

What Collecting Means To You - Beachhead

As far as my pic...why not...its all in good fun. In my opinion, nobody participating in the contest should say anything about each others collections. We should just enjoy other members and the judges comments and opinions. People know what pics were submitted, so I didn't see the harm in throwing in a pic. Everyone just needs to calm down, and let the members/judges decide who has the ULTIMATE TOY COLLECTION....I mean my site is UltimateToyCollections.com for crying out loud...LOL...just a joke...just a joke! Have fun everyone...

Oh I wasn't directing that toward you AFS, sorry...I should have been more clear-my bad.

I was directing it toward DANSJOES.....I'm confused as to *why* he's posted up part of his collection.

Your pic, while I personally find it a bit 'schoolboy'-ish is no worse than SE75 calling you on it.....hell, I've known you through JD for several years and you've never talked about having a FLAGG. I've got a FLAGG and I know that anyone who's got one takes every opportunity to snag a buttload of pics on it when that rare occassion arises to put that baby together.....and with the army builder collection you've got-well, lets put it this way.....if I had all the figures you do, I'd set 'em up on my FLAGG!!!

Hey, that gives me an idea........you wanna part with a couple or 50 o' those??? ;)

Thats a cool pic of those boxes.... are they MIB or just empty?

Very cool either way.

And LOL at your joke about your site.

I have a MIB Sigma Collection if anyone cares... @hmmm@ :P

I agree with DarthJoes assessment.

Appearance of Collection - Well, as picky as I am...it doesn't really seem like either of them really have their stuff "displayed." More like they brought it out to take pictures. So, I'd call this a draw.

thats cause thats what i did. ;) me and the wife had ta move back to WI ta help take care of my mom a couple months back, so my entire collection was packed away. i had to find, unpack, set up, take pics, take down, repack, repeat, everything you see in those pics.

so, what you see isnt even my entire collection, its just what could get done in 3 days. notice how theres no vintage joe stuff, its all cobra. i couldnt be bothered to dig out my '00 HQ and my MCC and set up every joe i had. not after putting two terrordromes together back to back already that day. it was pretty overwhelming to say the least. i busted my ASS to take what pics i did. hell, i stayed up til past 6 am 2 nights in a row.

and i didnt even get all my obscure stuff either. the card game, some promo stuff from the card game: http://yojoe.com/archive/games/tcgimages/tcgmobile.shtml , http://yojoe.com/archive/misc/tcgpin.shtml , my impel trading cards, my (admitedly few) 12" joes....

theres just way to much of it all to go through, so i picked what i thought was the cream of the crop, and what i could take pictures of the quickest.

and i have to say this.... those Dreadnok Assault sets he has make me VERY jealous. those are my holy grails.

Everything is MIB...sealed contents!

Thats a cool pic of those boxes.... are they MIB or just empty?

Very cool either way.

And LOL at your joke about your site.

I have a MIB Sigma Collection if anyone cares... @hmmm@ :P

I agree with DarthJoes assessment.

im from wisconsin, and thats where were back at now. me and the wife were living in minneapolis fer the last year. then mom started getting worse, my sister was having a hard time taking care of her and our brother (whos still in highschool), theres talk of chemo and all that, so we just decided it would be in everyones best interest to move in with my mom.

not exactly how i wanted it (24, married, and living with mommy just sounds bad.), but it was the right thing ta do.

BH666, you absolutely did the right thing. If I didnt live literally 5 minutes from my mom and dad, I would do the same thing, with my wife and 3 kids to boot. Props to you there bro. Nothing bad at all about what you did.

I am going to go ahead and say this to all of the naysayers about either collection. Both of these guys have so much stuff that it is impossible to display it all. BH666 is in a situation where its impossible to have the best "display". D.S. has so many other action figure lines that it just stinks that he cannot display it all at once. His house is quite literally crammed with stuff. But he does have a small amount displayed at all times, so at least theres that. But in either case, these guys have great collections, and the collective bad mouthing that is going on really offends me on a personal level. Ask yourselves this, if you had a collection like either of theirs, would you want people to badmouth yours? And dont think that I have not noticed the way that some of the things that have been said cannot necessarily be construed as badmouthing, but it is nonetheless. Doesnt matter how you pretty it up, it is what it is.

Props to both of you guys for having so damn much stuff. Seriously. You guys have blown me away with the sheer volume of your collections, and I applaud you both. I wish there was a way both teams could win. Heck the two of us left have stuck the whole thing out, so that should count for something. The only thing I wish for this part of the competition is that you both could take more pics and show us the rest of your stuff. I know on both accounts, not all of it was pictured. So lets all get along and enjoy the competition for what it is. The two collections up right now are both winners in my book, no matter how it ends up! Matter of fact, if by some strange stroke of luck Koga wins this competition, BH666 is getting my store credits. I have to applaud what you are doing for your mother, and I know you said its been hard to really buy much of anything lately, so if we win, my creds are yours bro! Its the least I can do! JayC, you read it here, so in the event we do come out on top, send mine to him.

I really think with the points the way they are though, that there is not much of a chance we will win out at this point. Not that I am not optimistic, but I think if we even lose in one of the categories, we will be about 20 or so points under JBL. Either way, its been fun. SnakeEyes1975, you owe me that C.G.I. bro....consider it my consolation prize, lol. J/K! If I had to lose to anyones custom, I could not pick a better one!

/END RANT!

i agree, this whole thing has been a blast. i know i had fun. even taking out all my joe stuff, pain that it was, was fun. stressful trying to beat a deadline, but still damned fun.

and ill do my best ta finish off pics of my collection after the contest. prolly gonna be a couple weeks though, cause setting all that stuff up just to take it down right away isnt exactly somethin im lookin forward to at this point. ;)

as for your very generous offer, the only thing i can say is that i honestly dont know WHAT to say. seriously, im speechless, and those that know me will tell you that doesnt happen very often.

I dont know what to say....

Its generosity like that between complete strangers that make these forums an awesome place to be in....

And all just because we share a common interest in toys.

That is an awesome gesture.

You humble us all.

#US1#

Honestly, I just imagine a world like that. But honestly, I have no issues doing it. Not to look like someone special or anything of the sort. Just because I feel he deserves it. We have a common plight, and knowing his situation, it is the only thing to do. Not the right or the socially acceptable. Like I said, I doubt our win just based on pure numbers, but if we do, Dans site name can have a literal meaning, and I pass on something to someone who deserves it. Plain and simple!

Now, I really cant wait until Sunday. BH666, let me know when you get more of the collection posted. I cant wait to see the rest of what you have!

Oh, and BH, dont worry about saying anything bro.....at the moment its just a gesture, but in the event of us possibly winning, just a Thanks will suffice! Take it easy!