What is it with George Lucas?

hamsterboy

If you saw tonight's episode of Clone Wars you know what I mean. Talking lemurs? Yeesh. Well I guess it's better than having Ewoks show up. Not by much.
totally agreed starwars has become moreof a kids disney type show now its stupid i love all the origanals though and games

Does EVERY alien species the characters meet have to be two meters tall? It changes things up a bit, and let's face it, this show isn't exactly aimed at those of us who grew up on the original trilogy.

I have to ask- what exactly did these lemurs do to get on your nerves? They mostly just stood around and only like two of them had any lines. Far from Jar Jar ruining an entire movie.

Ewoks talk & so do wookies but for us its just jiberish in the movies ... in the cartoons it makes sense for us to be able to understand it ... I forget what lemurs are though & have not seen this ep so I duno what the big deal is ... Back i nthe day though they had a starwars cartoon with ewoks & they talked :P

I think some folks have forgotten that Star Wars was supposed to be a kids' story from the very beginning. For a while, Lucas even tried to get it a "G" rating (though of course he eventually gave up on that). Cornball jokes and cutesy antics have been part of the franchise from the very beginning.

I mean seriously, did everyone but me spring full-grown from their parents' brow? Because last time I checked, most of us got into Star Wars when we were kids. Adult collectors have this tendency to put on their nostalgia glasses and then project their adult "wants" onto themselves as children. Lucas is making stuff more for todays' kids than adults who still collect his stuff. If the adults like it, then great, if not...he's still raking in the billions. If those bare shelves where Clone Wars toys once resided right before Christmas were any indication, he's done a pretty darn good job of it. If the kids stop buying it, he'll do something else. (In fact it's already in the works with the long-rumored live-action series...which will probably finally hit screens right about the time the Clone Wars audience is growing out of the action figure phase. Hmmm, maybe Lucas thinks about this stuff more than we think?) Or maybe he'll simply let Star Wars (at least the toys) fade away again. It's not like the guy or his family are ever gonna be hurting for money if he stops selling toys.

If you want a darker, more mature Star Wars, I suggest reading the comics, or maybe the novels, but the novels have a tendency to take it past "darker" and into the realms of "stupid" and are wildly inconsistent in quality.

I think some folks have forgotten that Star Wars was supposed to be a kids' story from the very beginning. For a while, Lucas even tried to get it a "G" rating (though of course he eventually gave up on that). Cornball jokes and cutesy antics have been part of the franchise from the very beginning.....

True and I also think these same folks have forgotten about the Star Wars Christmas special. Even though Lucas wiped his hands clean forom it, he was the one who has written the story.

Kind of a self-defeating question given that by most indications the kids love the Clone Wars series and toys.

And kids today aren't that much different from when we were kids. More tech-savvy, maybe, but kids are kids. They like different things because that's what's currently available and what the media pushes on them (and their parents), not because the kids themselves are fundamentally different.

Kind of a self-defeating question given that by most indications the kids love the Clone Wars series and toys.

And kids today aren't that much different from when we were kids. More tech-savvy, maybe, but kids are kids. They like different things because that's what's currently available and what the media pushes on them (and their parents), not because the kids themselves are fundamentally different.

like wheeljack said a series about the rebellion and empire would have been great also the clone wars movie was a huge dissapointment i mean ...my god the whole movie was about rescueing a baby huttling and that zeo the hutt was freaking creepy the hutts didnt even talk right they arnt supposed to speak english ahhghghghgh./rant srry

my only problem with this series is that

one ...

The jedi do quite frankly not use the force enough ... and when they do its just on other objects & normally tiny ones at that ...

& with this particular episode ...

alaya swings down on a vine to pick up bly where she could have just used the force ... I found that entire part all just lame ...

&

when the jedi were OUTSIDE of the force field and fighting the droids why didn't they fire another shot & kill the jedi, Sure they could just run back inside the force field but so could the droids & then the droids could take the fields down ... DUH! another problem with this series ... you just know already nothing what so ever is going to happen to any of the main casting :D Also... what is with the stupid droids?.. As amusing and entertaining as the droids are they have more personality and emotions than all the other casting together

Well,

In the end you can't satisfy everyone.I think that was what Lucas tried to do with Episode one and I agreed with Ewan Mcgregor when he said that The Phantom Menace was flat in terms of story.In defence of Clone Wars there are some good episodes and some that aren't so great(The ones with JarJar mainly).The Malevolance Saga was great.

Maybe some Hutts learned English

A Wookie speaking speaking english would of been weird

if george lucas made talking wookies i would cry sadly in a corner for weeks

hmm I suppose I can see a point there with classics like that but with all these real no names aliens I don't really mind much but I would miss the wookie roar :D