Mattel Batman Mr. Freeze question

Dragonrider1227

I have a Mr. Freeze figure by Mattel somewhere around 2003-2004 I think. Now, I recall on the box it said he could squirt. This commercial I found says he squirts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igP1kDkceCE and he still has the button to squirt not to mention the nozzle on his gun, but the thing on his backpack I'm supposed to open to fill with water doesn't open. Did they scrap the squirting feature at the last moment and didn't tell anyone in marketing, or did I get a defective Mr. Freeze?

I have a Mr. Freeze figure by Mattel somewhere around 2003-2004 I think. Now, I recall on the box it said he could squirt. This commercial I found says he squirts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igP1kDkceCE and he still has the button to squirt not to mention the nozzle on his gun, but the thing on his backpack I'm supposed to open to fill with water doesn't open. Did they scrap the squirting feature at the last moment and didn't tell anyone in marketing, or did I get a defective Mr. Freeze?

You know, I remember having that figure and not knowing where to put the water. I was eventually able to pull off one of the tank tops. I put the water in but it didn't work, so your theory is plausible.

The water squirt really works. I admit I filled the Freeze Canon and occasionally squirt Batman on the shelf when I'm bored.

You can open the top of the canon tank on one of the sides. And I believe there is a button on the back. You just press it and water should squirt out. Might need to press a few times at first to get the pump sucking.

You see, that's the problem. I CAN'T open the tank. It not only refuses to open, but when taking a look at it, the part of the tank that's supposed to open looks sealed shut. The button is there, the nozzle on the gun is there, but the tank just refuses to open. I even took out a knife and try to open it with no luck

You see, that's the problem. I CAN'T open the tank. It not only refuses to open, but when taking a look at it, the part of the tank that's supposed to open looks sealed shut. The button is there, the nozzle on the gun is there, but the tank just refuses to open. I even took out a knife and try to open it with no luck

There were a couple versions of Freeze released, do you have the very first release (From the Batman line?) Because they may have removed that water blast feature in subsequent releases (ie the DCSH version.)

There were a couple versions of Freeze released, do you have the very first release (From the Batman line?) Because they may have removed that water blast feature in subsequent releases (ie the DCSH version.)

This is a good theory. I think Freeze was released as many times as anybody with various paint and face changes. Maybe they changed the action feature, too.