Batman truly dead???

JayCueBatman

Why does DC allow writers to do this load of BS? If it is just a "What If" kinda story, then fine. But killing off Bruce Wayne when he's more popular than ever?

DC Comics are full of masochist. Why kill off your main hero? Do they get off on this in some way? I just think it's stupid.

Kill off your main hero? Why would you do such a thing! Why doesn't DC just bring his 832-year-old aunt back to life (again) and end his real-time 30 year marriage.

These companies never kill off major heroes. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a little backlogged in reading my comics. Captain America #25 is next on my list.

This has to be the biggest idiotic idea ever imo. Especially since Marvel just did this with Cap America..... I mean if Dick becomes Batman it even feels like a more me too/copy of a idea. Blah!!! I am boycotting all Bat titles I buy if Nightwing becomes Batman, I want him to stay Nightwing.

Draven

Because these companies never steal each other ideas.

2004, Identity Crisis/JLA: It is revealed that there is a group of heroes keeping secrets and acting like jerks.

2005, New Avengers/Illuminati: It is revealed that there is a group of heroes keeping secrets and acting like jerks.

Don't get me started on that Identity Disc crap.

umm, dude. your "spoiler" warning is a lil miss placed. I only read "I just read final crisis" and had to stop imeadiately. not trying to be a wanker just maby next time put the spoiler in the topic

Yeah, I think it's hilarious the title of this thread has the words "Batman" and "Dead" in it, and then the subtitle has a spoiler warning.

whatever happens to Batman, its still gotta be a better story than "the-spiderman-you-thought-was-spiderman-is-the-clone-and-the spiderman-who-we-thought-to-be-a-dead-clone-is-back-to-be-the-real-spiderman-and-wait-sorry-the-spiderman-you-thought-was-spiderman-IS-spiderman-and-the-once-thought-dead-clone-who-we-thought-a-clone-anyway-is-a-clone-and-now-truly-dead-and-it-was-all-the-doings-of-the-original-thought-dead-Green-Goblin" storyline that jerked us all around.

You forgot "and-the-a-deal-with-the-devil-made-it-all-go-away-and-reset-the-spidey-status-quo". :D

yeah, he he, what a load of bull @loll@

The rumor that I heard is that Dan Didio told Grant Morrison to kill off Batman ( Bruce Wayne ).

Morrison refused.

Didio supposedly responded with " Fine, we are just going to do it in Final Crisis."

Now, with Bruce Dead and the Black Lanterns on the horizon, we are going to see some major players in the Black Lantern Corp.

Rumor has it that it will be Bruce Wayne, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman.

If Bruce does indeed stay dead, I will most likley quit reading DC Comics altogether. He is my favorite character.

The rumor that I heard is that Dan Didio told Grant Morrison to kill off Batman ( Bruce Wayne ).

Morrison refused.

Didio supposedly responded with " Fine, we are just going to do it in Final Crisis."

Now, with Bruce Dead and the Black Lanterns on the horizon, we are going to see some major players in the Black Lantern Corp.

If Bruce does indeed stay dead, I will most likley quit reading DC Comics altogether. He is my favorite character.

Morrison writes Final Crisis also.

Why is everyone shocked about this? Captain America died and his book got better. Is it ridiculous to think the competitors wouldn't try something similar?

Morrison refused.

Morrison writes Final Crisis also.

Why is everyone shocked about this? Captain America died and his book got better. Is it ridiculous to think the competitors wouldn't try something similar?

Better in sales, or better in story? Because one is numbers, the other is opinion, and in my opinion Captain America is no better a comic now, than before Steve's death.

What is funny is that in a single issue that features Barry, Hal, Ollie, and Clark, (all have been dead) Bruce dies, and people really wonder if Bruce will be back!

Remember when he told the Lump that Lump would live on in him(Bruce,) well I'm sure Bruce's mind is living on elsewhere too. - oh yeah that happened in Batman 683 - but anyways you get my point.

Anyways, everything will be back to "normal" soon enough, so like ARROW said "C'mon folks....its JUST A STORY.

Keep that in mind and just enjoy the ride. "