What Mattel Has Planned For The 2009 New York Comic Con

JayC

As far as basic single packed characters, for Mattel & DC, the sky is the limit. However, I am just curious as to what DCUC can continue to offer with their Collect & Connect figures. They come out so rapidly. (booth good & bad), gut we still have not seen the Man-Bat in brown yet, and what about Imperiex, after Giganta, what else can we expect? Colossal Boy? Devilance? maybe Subjeckt 17????

Give me the Wild C.A.T.S. and I can be happy

Actually, Colossal Boy would rock. But I'm guessing they might start putting out more villains in Connect/Collect form. After all, you don't need the figures to be huge, as Metamorpho and Kalibak would suggest.

I would like a Colossal Boy....and a Validus!!!

As far as basic single packed characters, for Mattel & DC, the sky is the limit. However, I am just curious as to what DCUC can continue to offer with their Collect & Connect figures. They come out so rapidly. (booth good & bad), gut we still have not seen the Man-Bat in brown yet, and what about Imperiex, after Giganta, what else can we expect? Colossal Boy? Devilance? maybe Subjeckt 17????

Give me the Wild C.A.T.S. and I can be happy

Actually, Colossal Boy would rock. But I'm guessing they might start putting out more villains in Connect/Collect form. After all, you don't need the figures to be huge, as Metamorpho and Kalibak would suggest.

I would like a Colossal Boy....and a Validus!!!

I'm still a fan of the props and equipment BAF ideas, should they run out of sizeable characters. Things like the JLA and JSA meeting tables, the cosmic treadmill, and the like would be worthwhile.

The props/equipment is a decent idea for BAFs. I'd prefer figures over any props, but I don't collect vehicles and things, so go figure.

Anyway, I think it's time they start looking at some more popular characters for BAFs. Darkseid, Doomsday, Bane. We might have figures of them already, but they're out of scale, and they're getting a little too obscure for my tastes with some of the selections for BAFs.

Darkseid, Doomsday, Bane. We might have figures of them already, but they're out of scale

Totally agree! We need those characters redone soon!!

As for what Mattel will have at NYCC, I feel/hope we'll see around 15 new DCUC figures. We'll see wave 9, so that's eight or nine figures depending on variants. Maybe we'll see what they are going to offer as the SDCC exclusive, so one more figure there. Then I've seen them hyping the upcoming exclusives on Matty.com, so I'd imagine we'll see protos of the Luthor/Ultraman pack, and maybe another two pack as well. So, that's another four figures there. Maybe we'll also see protos of those other online exclusive two-packs (Supes/Brainiac & GA Hawks). So, I really hope to see about 15 new DCUC figures at NYCC!! Here's hoping for a Starro SDCC exclusive!!