If you could change one thing about DCUC what would it be?

Prime2099

You know it's going to be one of two things, either quality control or distribution. For my part I have not really had too much of problem with either, but I know everyone else has.

I would ask for one thing... the hands. If someone has a special power (say, sorcery), give the fig an appropiate open hand. An attachable bit of SFX would be nice, too. Like Firestorm has. But for the others, unless they are going to provide something to hold, I would ask for closed fists. Not a big deal, but take the Flash, for example. Why open fists?

Cloth capes. Those massive immobile slabs of plastic really hinder poseability.

Oh yeah, and better quality control/distribution too.

If I find many more of the DCIH I'm jonesing for I may just shift lines over anyways. It's way more fun finding stuff you want then wanting stuff you can't find (or that breaks, or that is painted by the blind etc)

only one thing??

dang.. I would like to change about 5 (body sculpts, paint apps, packaging, overused bodies)

but most of all, I think I would like to change the articulation. I can't stand that t-crotch, or the lack of range of flexibility... characters can't even look up when they fly

Major distribution to others countrys and diversificate the fisic models of the actions figures, much detail y much most accesories and better quality of material, picture and finish

I have to say there's two things that's important to DCUC that's causing this line to fail: Distribution and Quality Control.

We Canadians only got DCUC1 and that's it. The QC for the figures are horrible. wrongly assembled biceps and bent joints are unforgivable.

Ok Ok. I came up with an idea that i'd like Mattel to do that doesn't envolve a CEO suiside (or at least that's how I'd make it look) , OMG did I say that out loud!

So my plan is for Mattel to buy up a few key location Comic shops & fill them with high in demand Mattel collectables like DUCU, DCIH, Dark Knight & what ever Matty fans dig. Now befor any one says "that what Mattycollector.com is for", consider this: 1 mattycollector NEVER has sh*t! 2 if Mattel REALY wants to break in to the business of cashing in on scalper prices, then there gonna need brick & mortor to effectivly pull that off.

When fans are holding that sucker in their hands, there much more prone to fork out rather than if they were only looking at a pic on a computer screen (or should I say a pic with a caption under it reading "out of stock"). 3rd is the extreamly valuable direct customer feed back & ordering. No more "best guessing" or listing to some collage egg head (who's realy more worried about banging the new chick on the 5th floor rather than the QC issues of toy geeks), rambel on & on in a dull ass board meeting about how much product should get manufactured. This way Mattel can get weekly, hell maby even daily order form reports.

& then there's the best part of comic shop owning. Elimate the middle man. More money for Mattel & better "incontrol" variant or scalper prices for us. No more being at the mercy of heartless scalpers.

& if none of that works, there still the CEO of QC suiside option available.

There is the mattle shop in south cali in Otario. I know it's connected to the distribution center, cuz it only took 1 day to get my 2 pk from them. Does anyone know if that mattle shop sells DCU in thier shops??? mmmmmmm maybe after I get off of work tonight/mourning I should drive out and check.

The most important thing I would change would be double knee joints. I Don´t know if I would change the double elbows, maybe for figuresthat really need it, like Deathstroke to hold a sniper gun properly.

Other things to change. Energy blasts.

Haven´t had any QC so far, and if i´ve found it, it´s a minor thing.

Unlike Clam34, I do like the body sculpt reuse, because it brings consistancy to the line. ML feels like a mix of everything . . .a nice sculpted Cap America (FO) and then Reed Richards (2 pack). I´m not going any further, cause it would be a Marvel post.

For me, QC first, Distribution, and lastly a lil bit more articulation. I put articulation last because i agree with the previous poster about consistency in the line. I mean, we all know DCUC isn't consistent with QC and Distribution, but at least the articulation is.

#1 - Distribution

If that problem eventually gets solved, then I would focus more on the molds. I'm kinda tired of seeing the same body mold for Superman, Batman, Nightwing, Amazo, etc.. I would also like to see some updated versions of characters, like a HUSH Batman or a Rebirth Green Lantern.

Ok Ok. I came up with an idea that i'd like Mattel to do that doesn't envolve a CEO suiside (or at least that's how I'd make it look) , OMG did I say that out loud!

So my plan is for Mattel to buy up a few key location Comic shops & fill them with high in demand Mattel collectables like DUCU, DCIH, Dark Knight & what ever Matty fans dig. Now befor any one says "that what Mattycollector.com is for", consider this: 1 mattycollector NEVER has sh*t! 2 if Mattel REALY wants to break in to the business of cashing in on scalper prices, then there gonna need brick & mortor to effectivly pull that off.

When fans are holding that sucker in their hands, there much more prone to fork out rather than if they were only looking at a pic on a computer screen (or should I say a pic with a caption under it reading "out of stock"). 3rd is the extreamly valuable direct customer feed back & ordering. No more "best guessing" or listing to some collage egg head (who's realy more worried about banging the new chick on the 5th floor rather than the QC issues of toy geeks), rambel on & on in a dull ass board meeting about how much product should get manufactured. This way Mattel can get weekly, hell maby even daily order form reports.

& then there's the best part of comic shop owning. Elimate the middle man. More money for Mattel & better "incontrol" variant or scalper prices for us. No more being at the mercy of heartless scalpers.

& if none of that works, there still the CEO of QC suiside option available.

I think the last option you gave should be referred to as Corporate restructuring lol

Less repaints in the runs I hated that with the batman and superman centric Mattel runs when you had a zillion of them ( Example the day-glo doomsday) and maybe just maybe I can get a Captain Comet figure (I'm a big fan)