$9.89

Darth Vehmic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't, are you sure it wasn't for comic packs?

I have had the same problem here in SE michigan. I have one REALLLLY good target, and the figs are 9.89$, then all the other targets around are like $7. I spoke to the manager, and he simply shrugged his shoulders and said he dosent make any prices that that is done from corporate. I have no idea if he was blowin me off or what, but the only way I can beat it, is to buy a few peg warmers at the $7 targets, and buy the good ones at the good target, and then return the peg warmers. I reallllly hate doin this, and even going through it, but the $10 figure target gets ALL the good ones, and i'll be damned if ill pay3-4$ just for the hell of it..

I have had the same problem here in SE michigan. I have one REALLLLY good target, and the figs are 9.89$, then all the other targets around are like $7. I spoke to the manager, and he simply shrugged his shoulders and said he dosent make any prices that that is done from corporate.

So... are his prices set by a different corporate than the other stores?

I work in retail, and corporate can suggest higher pricing (tier 2 would be the higher). This usually means they think they can get more in those areas. And in a store like Target the managers would have nothing to say about it.

I work in retail, and corporate can suggest higher pricing (tier 2 would be the higher). This usually means they think they can get more in those areas. And in a store like Target the managers would have nothing to say about it.

So...say, The corporate head of pricing or whatever, actually makes a determination that THIS target will be able to get $10 for a figure, wheras a target 3 miles away can sell them $3 cheaper? If thats how it works its pretty screwed. ALL the Joe collectors go to this Target and you'll see old joes that havent been out for a looong time on the pegs. All of em are returning old joe for the new ones, and people keep buying those too. A in or around september I found a Foil Flint. There is a foil flash there now.

Anyways, its suprising that the prices are that different from 3 miles at different stores..I did my job, I said something to the manager, but like you said, its out of his hands I guess...

They supposedly research it and from that determine who spends what where.

Here's an example of level pricing for a 25lb bag of ice melter (randomly pulled) . . .

Cost-$6.58

Base retail- $10.49

Level 1 retail- $11.49

Level 2 retail- $12.49

Now what they should do, as we do in my store, is price match the other Target. But really most people don't bother asking.

I'm not saying this to be snarky or rude, but i really have little or no sympathy for someone complaining about a price hike of a $1 or $2.

When it comes to something like GIJOE toys, I've paid DOUBLE the US retail price and not blinked/ The cost is whatever it is....and if I think its too high, I do not buy.

Of course, when the price is something like $3 a figure, I buy up what I can with glee, just like anyone else would.

Except for that person who is complaining they used to able to get the figures for $2...LOL.

I'm not saying this to be snarky or rude, but i really have little or no sympathy for someone complaining about a price hike of a $1 or $2.

When it comes to something like GIJOE toys, I've paid DOUBLE the US retail price and not blinked/ The cost is whatever it is....and if I think its too high, I do not buy.

Of course, when the price is something like $3 a figure, I buy up what I can with glee, just like anyone else would.

Except for that person who is complaining they used to able to get the figures for $2...LOL.

When I go to this Target, and IF they have new figures, they will have a TON of what I want. So if I buy 10 figures, when they are overpriced by $3, well...thats $30. When they are less than $7 LITERALLY, 2-3 miles to the next target. Anyone who knows me, knows im am not a cheap guy, but it REALLY ticks me off that they are SUCH a different price. If it were ALL in michigan I would understand, but to crank up the prices on just one item like that sooo high, so a drag. I can buy them from online and have them shipped for about $10 a figure... I mean, I understand your in Canada, but still. I would not buy any of these that are new for double the price. I would just buy them online, unless its a rare variant or somethin I want..

I've been paying $70.24 for a case of 8 figures from BBTS lately...that's only $8.78 per figure. Plus, I don't have to put any miles on my car, spend any of my time searching, or pay for gas to get them. :)

I've been paying $70.24 for a case of 8 figures from BBTS lately...that's only $8.78 per figure. Plus, I don't have to put any miles on my car, spend any of my time searching, or pay for gas to get them. :)

I was doin that too. I stopped preordering, when there was no fun in it for me. Now I really enjoy findin em. From what I hear on different boards SE Michigan has been pretty good with getting stuff.

I was doin that too. I stopped preordering, when there was no fun in it for me. Now I really enjoy findin em. From what I hear on different boards SE Michigan has been pretty good with getting stuff.

Ya, unfortunately here in Montana, I'd probably wouldn't have anything past waves 9 or 10 if I relied on Walmart and Target. @lol@

Here, that's about the price of the comic 2-packs -- $9.89 or $9.99. Think both Target and Wal-Mart have lowered prices slighty for singles back down to $6.84 (my guess is from the lower price of oil affecting both the materials and transportation factor).

Here, that's about the price of the comic 2-packs -- $9.89 or $9.99. Think both Target and Wal-Mart have lowered prices slighty for singles back down to $6.84 (my guess is from the lower price of oil affecting both the materials and transportation factor).

The only ones who lowered their price was Target. This was done way before Xmas to price match Walmart. It has nothing to do with lower oil prices.

;)

did you scan them to make sure ? .... perhaps they were just on a wrong peg .......

O ya., I scanned em. They scan em when I buy em for that. Like I said, there is ONE out of 5 targets by me that consistantly get new stuff. and their prices are 9.89. you go down the street and the other Target is like 6 somethin. I guess im pretty spoiled to begin with, that I can even find new stuff, I know some peeps cant find nuthin new...but I just GOTTA have somthin to #$#@# about ;)