Marvel Universe aka Puniverse

robbie

We lost 2.25" and we have to only pay $2 less. This is why I will not buy these. We lost a lot (articulation,correct version,etc..) and only difference is what we paid just a few years ago for the 6". And we still haven't seen the last of the 6" - if it really is th last of the 6" so be it I am so done. Nemesis wave now more that a year overdue. I am so disappointed that Hasbro aren't focusing on what they promised and are delivering a crappy new line!!

Price aside. I won't buy them cause they look like crap. That's just from the promo pictures and we all know that the promo picture normally looks better than what we see in stores.

Face it the 3 3/4 figs are coming and more than likely going to do well because they can be easily used with G.I. Joe, Star Wars, etc. figures and playsets. Not only that it's Hasbro were talking about 3 3/4 is what they do, and very well I might add. But what I'm gettin to is whether or not these figures take off how is that going to have any affect on the 6" line, Hasbro isn't stupid enough to just drop such a large fan base and hasn't announced anything to imply it so why bash on or even talk this new line if if your hardcore ML fans.

Hasbro isn't stupid enough to just drop such a large fan base and hasn't announced anything to imply it so why bash on or even talk this new line if if your hardcore ML fans.

Because the images that are out right now look horrible. They look no where near the quality of the 25th anniversary Joes or the SW line. Maybe they will get better, but it doesn't look good from the start.

We lost 2.25" and we have to only pay $2 less. This is why I will not buy these. We lost a lot (articulation,correct version,etc..) and only difference is what we paid just a few years ago for the 6". And we still haven't seen the last of the 6" - if it really is th last of the 6" so be it I am so done. Nemesis wave now more that a year overdue. I am so disappointed that Hasbro aren't focusing on what they promised and are delivering a crappy new line!!

What exactly did Hasbro "promise" that you aren't getting? There are few guarantees in the toy business, and some toys end up never seeing shelves at all even though they're announced/displayed. Stop acting like you're entitled to things you aren't and be glad you're getting the Nemesis wave at all. Hasbro can't do diddly-squat if the retailers don't want to carry the line.

I also suppose it never occurred to you that if the single-pack Marvel Legends were to continue as they are, you probably would be paying $12-14 apiece for regular 6" figures (not just large "Hulk" size figures), as the price increases that have hit the entirety of the action figure market caught up with them. Stop acting like Hasbro's the only company this has happened to, and that Marvel is the only brand of 3 3/4" figures sold at that price. G.I. Joe and Star Wars figures have gone up too (and for that matter, so have DC Universe Classics and Infinite Heroes, proving it's not just Hasbro that's increasing prices). And they're all likely to go up even more as the toy companies "pass on" the costs of the new safety standards they're being forced to enact by Congress.

Hasbro isn't stupid enough to just drop such a large fan base and hasn't announced anything to imply it so why bash on or even talk this new line if if your hardcore ML fans.

Because the images that are out right now look horrible. They look no where near the quality of the 25th anniversary Joes or the SW line. Maybe they will get better, but it doesn't look good from the start.

Hasbro's good at "getting better." The first wave of 25A Joes weren't nearly as high-quality as many of the figures we're getting now, and Star Wars has had about 13 years of refinement to get them to the point they're at now.

I'll chime in here since I have most of the first wave already (already on shelves in Canada).

This line is going to be great!!! For those of you who only care about ML, you're in for a disappointment. This line has pretty much equal articulation with the Joes and great sculpting. Are there clunkers? Of course, every line has a figure or two that don't come out the way people want. However this line is definitely going to be a hit, especially since the price point stays low enough to keep parents buying for kids.

Also, remember that ML has pretty much tapped out the "main" characters and their variant costumes. So even die hard collectors would be hard pressed to keep buying Spiderman, Iron Man, etc. without significant changes. Now while ML has become much more collector oriented in recent years, Hasbro wants to hit the kids market again and this makes perfect sense for them, AND ME for space saving @loll@

Hasbro's good at "getting better." The first wave of 25A Joes weren't nearly as high-quality as many of the figures we're getting now, and Star Wars has had about 13 years of refinement to get them to the point they're at now.

That's exactly the point I was going to make. It usually takes them a few waves to hit their stride. I have a feeling I will buy a couple but down the road. I am not however going to start collecting these exclusively.

Whatever I'm sick of all this Devil's Advocacy going on. I'm saving my money. The rest of you do whatever the hell you want.

Well, I'm sick of people ignorantly believing that this line is somehow responsible for the decline of Marvel Legends. I'm saving money too....about $2 a figure, to be precise. ;)

I'll wait to see this line up close before I make my call, but I sure would like to at least have a Captain America to lead my Joes into battle! As for the Legends, I think maybe they felt they did all the big guns, and without going into endless revisions to anchor each wave (like Wolverine), they probably said 'get while the gettin's good' and now we'll get an occasional 2-pack with whatever characters are relevant at the time. Hopefully they'll still throw out some obscure characters here and there, but for me, I'm kind of glad there's some closure, as this hobby is getting a little too expensive for my tastes.

I like this line because the scale will allow lesser figures to be released. Just think, we can have an entire Jim Lee X-men family in this line with obnscure characters that have not been made before.

Don't get me wrong- the 6" line is till my favorite. But I personally only wish for a few more characters to be done in this line before I call it quites. I am running out of shelf space!

Whatever I'm sick of all this Devil's Advocacy going on. I'm saving my money. The rest of you do whatever the hell you want.

We shall. And while you're saving money,perhaps you can save your breath as well; all of this "Puni-verse" bashing is ridiculous.

*BTW, Deadpool is being released in the first series of Wolverine:Origins (3.75"), and he looks fantastic!

The bashing of the 3 3/4 line is exactly why I quit lurking and posting on the Marvelous news forms. Everyone including the moderators are BIAS against the new 3 3/4 line. They even go as far as combining all the 3 3/4 threads into one very large multi-topic thread, it's rediculous. As already stated the ML line has not been canceled. I think the real gripe is these action figures are so cool and so full of articulation that it pisses ML fans off because they are so heavily invested in the ML line they think they can't change scales. Just my opinon........

I also think the New 3 3/4 line will help Hasbro capture both the kids market and adult collectors, by being able to expand the Mavel universe of characters and include playsets and vehicles similar to SW's and Joes. How cool would it be to have Nick Fury and a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents with helicoters Humvees etc. Would something like this be possible with the ML line??? NO. Open your Mind guys, think out side the box, this could be the best thing that has ever happened to Mavel line of action figures

The bashing of the 3 3/4 line is exactly why I quit lurking and posting on the Marvelous news forms. Everyone including the moderators are BIAS against the new 3 3/4 line. They even go as far as combining all the 3 3/4 threads into one very large multi-topic thread, it's rediculous. As already stated the ML line has not been canceled. I think the real gripe is these action figures are so cool and so full of articulation that it pisses ML fans off because they are so heavily invested in the ML line they think they can't change scales. Just my opinon........

I also think the New 3 3/4 line will help Hasbro capture both the kids market and adult collectors, by being able to expand the Mavel universe of characters and include playsets and vehicles similar to SW's and Joes. How cool would it be to have Nick Fury and a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents with helicoters Humvees etc. Would something like this be possible with the ML line??? NO. Open your Mind guys, think out side the box, this could be the best thing that has ever happened to Mavel line of action figures

I actually like the looks of some MU figs and plan to get a few(mainly IMs and Wolverines hehe) but the 6 inch scale lines are still my main thing.

OK, let's start off by saying I'm a serious ML collector, and frequent the Marvelous news board.

I have all the 3 3/4 figs, and they aren't bad per se, but they seem "cheaper" that 25th Joes. Generally speaking thier joints are much looser, but thier paint apps appear to be better than Hasbro ML's. They actually have washes on them. A good example would be the Johnny Storm, the washes on the body of the figure are something I wish Hasbro would do for legends. A definate improvement there.

What I can't stand about them is the hip joints. I would much rather see the rotating ball & socket that was used in many ML's. But apparently this may be coming cause it would seem that the Wolverine figs are upgraded with these joints.

Also, and I never thought I would say this, I wish that the "has-bows" were more consistent. Don't get me wrong, I hate Has-bows, but they are better than the basic DCIH type elbows that many of these characters have. Though, to thier credit all the figures with the "basic elbows" have swivel biceps, so that's OK, but I'd still much rather see swivel biceps with double elbows like an older TB ML, but that's the ML collector in me talking.

One of the major things that drives me nuts about this line is the size of some of the weapons. Punisher comes with a gun that would look big on a 5 incher, and there is no way he can hold it, and even if he could his joints are to loose to hold it up. The sai on the upcomming Deadpool looks like one of the ML elektra sais, rediculiously huge. Overall the pack-ins are hit or miss. I like the M-16's that are packed with bullseye and Logan, they fit well in thier hands and look good, and I love that Logan comes with the Muramasa blade. The other "action" pack-ins just plain suck and don't look good attached to the figures. Iron Man's blast is cheap and limp.

One thing that is driving me crazy is we've seen 3 waves + the Wolverine figures and already thier are 2 Hulks, 2 Spideys, 3 Iron Men, 2 Punishers, and 6 Wolverines, but I'll give Wolvie a pass since he has the movie coming, and ONLY 3 villains and that's counting the wolverine line. Seriously, that blows. If they're trying to hook kids, they'll need to make some bad guys quick. Where's Doom, Mag's, or even an army builder Skrull. I'm sure we'll see these at Toy Fair, but really, how long will it be till we actually get them, wave 4? Who knows the line could be dead in the water by then like Indiana Jones. Who knows, Dr Doom could be the next Toht?

For a line claiming diversity, I think they've failed so far. But who knows, the oppritunity is endless for comic packs, battle packs, and army builders, but as of now scheduling these seems like it could become an issue.

This is a great oppritunity to re-release alot of the BAF's and I'll agree, they do look awesome with the smaller figures. Can anyone say Sentinel army buiders? Just as long as they're not in the same cases as Galactus, cause that would eventually clog shelves like nobody's buisiness.

As for vehicles, I'm curious to see how this turns out. Sure there is potential for some cool things we've never seen before, but will the unstable market allow them to be made. Let's face it, Hasbro could very well retool a bunch of joe vehicles and call them SHIELD or Hydra or what-have-you. This would be a crying shame, but will the market allow new tooling? And to that end, just how many iconic vehicles are there out there at a $20 price point? Not alot. The Fantasticar? Spider-mobile? SHIELD flying car? Here's a list of major Marvel Vehicles from Wiki, I've estimated what each "should" cost if released based on size if Hasbro were to do them right:

• <LI class=toclevel-1>
1 Black Knight's Atomic Steed $20 tops and that's with the Black Knight, could be re-released with Hawkeye.<LI class=toclevel-1>2 Blackbird Honestly, if done right it should hold the whole team. At least 6 figures, but to do that it would cost $50 or more, but I'd love to see it done right.<LI class=toclevel-1>3 Fantastic Four's Pogo Plane $20 actually a good fit for this price point.<LI class=toclevel-1>4 Fantasti-Car $20 depending on the version. The bathtub version would have to come with a figure, but one a little bit bigger could come without.<LI class=toclevel-1>5 Freedom's Lady Too Big and too obscure.<LI class=toclevel-1>6 Kang's Time-Ship $20-30 this one could work, but is it popular enough.<LI class=toclevel-1>7 The Leapfrog $30-40, and that's if they even make any Runaways.<LI class=toclevel-1>8 Quinjet $20 for a mini jet, but like the blackBird this one should be done in a larger $50+ scale, and should hold at least 6 figures. Actually the Defiant/Crusader shuttle from GI Joe would be a perfect retool for this vehicle, but that was $40 retail in 1988, how much would it have to be now, and does Hasbro have enough confidence to make it happen. More likely that it could be released when the Avengers movie hits, but I doubt that would be a classic design. Probably would be a new design.<LI class=toclevel-1>9 Hawkeye's Sky-Cycle Same as the Black Knights atomic steed<LI class=toclevel-1>10 Hellcycle $15 deluxe carded with ghost Rider<LI class=toclevel-1>11 Moon Knight's Helicopter or Cresent fighter, $20 It could be done for that price.<LI class=toclevel-1>12 S.H.I.E.L.D. Flying Car $20 This seems like a good bet for Fury's ride.<LI class=toclevel-1>13 S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier $150 at least. Think how much the USS FLAGG would cost now. Personally I think the Bridge alone would make a better playset, but that's me.<LI class=toclevel-1>14 Shockwave Rider Too obscure
15 Spider-Mobile $20-30 This would have to be done right. I think it would be cool to see an "old Man Logan" or Old Hawkeye with it, but I'm sure it would come with another Spidey.
NOT LISTED Punisher War Wagon:$20-30 This could be cool, but it's have to come with alot of weapons.

Also keep in mind that Hasbro is great at ruining these items with "kiddie" accessories. I know that is thier focus, but hiding them would be the best option, similar to the GI Joe vehicles from a couple of years ago. (the F-22, the Grizzley Tank, and the attack copter) Those were kid friendly but thier action feature were hidden for the most part, and I think that worked pretty well.

Now Playsets....To me, these are what needs to be made, but we all know Hasbro's stance on playsets. Just how exciting are the Avengers Mansion, and The Xavier Institute. There are plenty of other options, but I doubt that we'd ever see more than 3-4 in total. Personally, when I was a kid, GI Joe playsets were awesome, and they created a much better play environment than that of the carpet, but according to Hasbro kids aren't excited about them. That attitude right there could kill any of the awesome possibilities that Marvel Playsets could offer, and that's sad considering, as a ML fan, that's what I'd like to see the most. Personally, I imagine a Helicarrier Bridge playset that would be a couple of levels with cat-walks for some awesome battles or displays. But I'll be suprised if anything like this would happen.

All in all, am I ticked to have to buy a new scale, yes. But I can accept it if the line is handled well. I'll be happier if ML is continued along with MU, then I'll be glad to support Hasbro's Marvel License. I'm first and foremost a ML collector- that is my love, but I just had a son born on New Year's Eve and I can accept that this could be the Marvel Line he collects when he's older, and I'll be glad to buy them for him. I hope that both lines are going strong 5 years from now, that way we could both have our own collection. That would be cool. But as of now, I'm worried for both lines. What I've seen of MU leaves much to be desired, mainly because a hero is only as good as it's villian, and so far there ain't many villians to be seen.

Let's see what the line will offer us overall. Hopefully it will be handled better that the Indiana Jones and Marvel Legends lines were, and it becomes the next GI Joe, cause the potential is definately there.

OK, let's start off by saying I'm a serious ML collector, and frequent the Marvelous news board.

I have all the 3 3/4 figs, and they aren't bad per se, but they seem "cheaper" that 25th Joes. Generally speaking thier joints are much looser, but thier paint apps appear to be better than Hasbro ML's. They actually have washes on them. A good example would be the Johnny Storm, the washes on the body of the figure are something I wish Hasbro would do for legends. A definate improvement there.

Where did u get them? #US1# ?

I do not mind it as long as they keep up with the regular line now and then I'd hate to see it go for good & honestly couldn't see my self collecting these if it does :S

All I can say is with the new scale, I will not be collecting any of these. And if the 6" figures are ending, I guess I will work on completing my collection by getting all my missing figures. Personally, I think Hasbro is cutting it very close with the new figures. They will just barely make enough money from them, and efinately not as much as ML. Why, ToyBiz, why did you leave us?

All I can say is with the new scale, I will not be collecting any of these. And if the 6" figures are ending, I guess I will work on completing my collection by getting all my missing figures. Personally, I think Hasbro is cutting it very close with the new figures. They will just barely make enough money from them, and efinately not as much as ML. Why, ToyBiz, why did you leave us?

Hmmm, for money? The line in that scale has pretty much run it's course, though I'm certain that there will be a few more additions in the near-future. As far as Hasbro, shifting attention to the 1:18 scale is probably one of the smartest things they've done thus far with the license (especially considering the economic climate) and I think many of you will be amazed (though mostly disgruntled) at how well these will do.

Speaking of playsets now that Marvel has its sci-fi characters taking some front-row space at the Marvel Theatre it is time for ... drum roll please... Ego the Living Playset uhhh I mean Planet @loll@ C'mon you know you want one

Hmmm, for money? The line in that scale has pretty much run it's course, though I'm certain that there will be a few more additions in the near-future. As far as Hasbro, shifting attention to the 1:18 scale is probably one of the smartest things they've done thus far with the license (especially considering the economic climate) and I think many of you will be amazed (though mostly disgruntled) at how well these will do.

Nevertheless, I still won't collect them because they practically leave the original, and far better, ML figures obsolete. For those that like to pair these new ML figures with G.I. Joes, that's great. I personally hate Joes and the new MU figs. I guess I'm just mad at Hasbro for being jerks to the faithful (or stubborn, if you prefer) collectors. I know they're trying to cut costs, but that doesn't make it any better. Smart for business? Yes. Smart for faithful fans? Absolutely not. And I know I'm not the only ML collector out there that despises these little pieces of wasted plastic crap.

I do admit, Hasbro's Legends kinda suck compared to the almighty ToyBiz. But The MU figures can't even compare to that.