Has anyone heard about GIJoe Combat Heroes cancellation?

cjf28

Read on another board that the line is cancelled after series 2 and that series 3 will not be released.

Has anyone else heard this? and if so, can you post a link?

After seeing the next two waves, Im kinda peeved that its rumored to be cancelled already.

With the 25th line going on hold for the movie, I didn't really expect them to keep making ARAH-style figures in this line.

Never had any interest in them myself, but I hope they come back later for the people who were liking and collecting them.

I wouldn't be surprised......I posted a while back about Wave 1 warming the pegs. Its a shame but I really didn't think they were going to do well anyway, with no cartoon to help push them. They are overpriced though..........I got most of wave 2 from HTS. I don't think one set has sold from the Target by my house. I have a feeling the same thing will happen with the Mighty Muggs.

Joe collectors just like our 3 3/4 figures.......and thats it for the most part. @lol@

With the 25th line going on hold for the movie, I didn't really expect them to keep making ARAH-style figures in this line.

Never had any interest in them myself, but I hope they come back later for the people who were liking and collecting them.

Well they could still make them modeled after the designs in the movie.......it worked with Indy/Star Wars/Transformers. All of those movies had Combat Heroe themed figures.

Joe collectors just like our 3 3/4 figures.......and thats it for the most part. @lol@

Yea, its tradition. I remember my first GIJoe. It was Mutt and Junkyard.

But, The first line of this series is boring really. Seems like they kept the best ones for series 2 and 3. At least give me series 3, since Ive seen pictures of those.

these were doomed from the beginning...

out of all the "hero" lines, the Combat Heroes were the worst.

I stand by my statement that the Galactic Heroes (starwars) are the only ones that are any good.

The Superhero Squad (marvel), Robot Heroes (Transformers), and Combat Heroes (Joes), all suffer from horrendous posed sculpts.

which, ironically, is why I hate the Galactic Heroes. They have no "poses" they stand there with both hands waste high. Some hold blasters and the rest hold lightsabers. At least with the other lines, they attempt to change some poses.

Most of the heroes lines have done fairly well, but G.I. Joe just doesn't have the younger kid fanbase that the other franchises have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them return for the movie though. If they're actually cancelled at all, that is, as I don't think we have any official confirmation of that.

What pisses me off the most about the Combat Heroes line is some guy on joecustoms wanted me to pick up 2 of the SDCC SE/Timbers for him for "his son." He was supposed to pay me before but he lagged but I remembered how much he said he wanted them for his kid so I bought them for him. So I get back and ask for payment and he supposedly sends a USPS Money Order. I never get it so I message him and he says he sent and he'll send another...well here it is January and SDCC was in July and I still haven't gotten anything from him. Looks like they are mine. Everytime I messaged him about he would be like "No I am not screwing with you I really want it. I just sent another MO out." Guess I'll give one to my son and keep the other for SDCC memories.

Completely off topic, sorry but when I saw the Combat Hero thing this is what came to me.

I haven't heard anything but I wouldn't be surpirised..

I wouldn't be surprised......I posted a while back about Wave 1 warming the pegs. Its a shame but I really didn't think they were going to do well anyway, with no cartoon to help push them. They are overpriced though..........I got most of wave 2 from HTS. I don't think one set has sold from the Target by my house. I have a feeling the same thing will happen with the Mighty Muggs.

Yeah, pretty much. I've seen both at store, after looking at them all I could come up with was "Eww"

Yeah, I like them too. I would be surprised if they were cancelled so quickly, after only two waves. You would think Hasbro would wait until the movie at least...

Maybe it's a hold until the movie does come out. If they got a lot of stock on hand at stores, Hasbro could be waiting to see if the movie moves any units before making a solid statement about its future.

Yeah, I like them too. I would be surprised if they were cancelled so quickly, after only two waves. You would think Hasbro would wait until the movie at least...

Maybe it's a hold until the movie does come out. If they got a lot of stock on hand at stores, Hasbro could be waiting to see if the movie moves any units before making a solid statement about its future.

I wouldn't be surprised. Past "Heroes" lines coincided with movie releases. These probably will too.