New images of ROTF scout class figures

Wheeljack35

Years ago around the end of G1 I was wondering why they were going awaya and thought of some newer lines they could of done

The First were the Transformers Classics and not what we know today but an idea I thought of a what if they were awoken during WW2

The Autobots were on the side of the allies and the Decepticons were on the side of the axis powers

Imagine the seekers as Japanese zeroes or the Autobots could of been army vehicle Hound still a Jeep but Prime could of been an army truck and Warpath a Sheran tank?

Another line would of been in the present

The Autoboats and Aquaticons

Of coarse the Sharkticons in another mold would be in it along with the seacons and another combiner group that were Subs

The Autoboats would of been Destroyers and Frigates the leader would of been an aircrft carrier and of coarse Seaspray would of been in this line

So while the Aquaticons were sneaking around below the surface the Autoboats were on the surface looking for trouble

Years ago around the end of G1 I was wondering why they were going awaya and thought of some newer lines they could of done

The First were the Transformers Classics and not what we know today but an idea I thought of a what if they were awoken during WW2

The Autobots were on the side of the allies and the Decepticons were on the side of the axis powers

Imagine the seekers as Japanese zeroes or the Autobots could of been army vehicle Hound still a Jeep but Prime could of been an army truck and Warpath a Sheran tank?

Of coarse the Sharkticons in another mold would be in it along with the seacons and another combiner group that were Subs

The Autoboats would of been Destroyers and Frigates the leader would of been an aircrft carrier and of coarse Seaspray would of been in this line

So while the Aquaticons were sneaking around below the surface the Autoboats were on the surface looking for trouble

There was a comic similar to that set in the industrial age. The Insecticons transformed into a train.

There was a comic similar to that set in the industrial age. The Insecticons transformed into a train.

I know that but my idea was about 20 years ago

The problem I have with the idea of all-military TFs is the unity of military design. You think there's a lot of tanks in Universe now? Fully half the characters would likely be tanks, with another massive portion being jets... the same exact tanks and jets. Then you start dealing with the fact that there's only 3-4 colors that most of these vehicles could realistically be... by the time you get through the 'original' six Seekers and half the Autobot cars, you're looking at a staggering amount of repetition.

This is the same problem that I have with the idea of a TF/GI Joe Crossovers line. I want it to happen, but I don't want Joe vehicles that turn into TF characters. I don't want Hasbro trying to sell me the Rattler 8-9 times, with just a new shade of color on the robot parts to let me know it's a different Seeker. I don't want 8-9 Rattlers in different colors of the rainbow either; I only have to look at the Star Wars line and all those Jedi Starfighters to see how ugly that looks. On top of that, the Joe vehicles with their copyrighted names are practically characters in themselves- Just call the Rattler a new character named 'Rattler', or the Skystriker a new character named 'Skystriker', and so on... that works for a good majority of the vehicles, and Hasbro has tons of little-used names they could apply to those that don't have vehicle names that work (or repaints of the ones that do) with no problem.

At it's core, I think there's a uniqueness to TF designs, which I think clashes with the uniform nature of the military. As a story in a comic book or something similar, I think it works, but put into practice as a toyline of any real length... not so much. I'm sure Hasbro would love being able to sell every mold multiple times with minimal alterations, but that's not the line I want to collect.

I'm not trying to knock the idea, because to a degree I do like it. It's just that when I start thinking about the inevitable monotony of the toyline, it kinda breaks down for me. That's just my opinion though.

I also had them being in the 1950's and Jazz was a 57 Chevy

Ironhide was a Studibegga

and Kupp is an Edzel

I love those!

Please tell me that Shockwave would have been a Tucker

The 'Cyclops Eye' headlight would just be too awesome!

Hell let Aaron Archer figure out that transformation :P