DCUC Wave 7

Joker08

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question. Does any one know if the little ship that comes with bosster gold is open or able to open on both figures or is that part of the variant part of the figure itself?

Are you calling Skeets a "little ship"? Blasphemy! :angry:

Heheh! 'Little ship..."

I get the impression from the images provided that only the variant opens up to reveal Mr. Mind. And that the regular version not only does not open up, but is also attached to the fig, meaning people like me are going to feel the need to surgically remove him.

But that's just what I get from the pics. I don't remember if anything factual was said about the worm, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Okay I see this on the boards all the time so I need to say this:

FIGURES DO NOT SHOW UP IN EVERY PART OF THE COUNTRY AT ONCE. THEY DO NOT HAVE RELEASE DATES. JUST BECAUSE SOME GUY IN GUAM FOUND ONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD RUN TO YOUR LOCAL TOYS R US.

THEY SHOW UP IN ONE PART OF THE COUNTRY FIRST. IT THEN TAKES AT LEAST A MONTH TO SHOW UP IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY.

WHEN THEY DO, IT'S USUALLY JUST 1-2 CASES PER STORE TO START WITH. THEN, AS MORE BECOME AVAILABLE, THE STORES RECEIVE GREATER QUANTITIES. THIS CAN TAKE ANOTHER MONTH OR LONGER.

THIS IS NOT BAD DISTRIBUTION. THIS IS JUST HOW IT WORKS. IT HAS ALWAYS WORKED THIS WAY (I USED TO WORK IN A TOY STORE -- TRUST ME, I KNOW). THE ONLY DIFFERENCE NOW IS THAT, DUE TO THE INTERNET, IS THAT WE NOW KNOW WHEN ANYONE ANYWHERE FINDS ANYTHING.

HONESTLY, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF YOU SHOULD EVEN TRY TO FIND IT, LOOK IT UP ON EBAY AND SEE IF ANYONE NEAR YOU HAS ONE.

Okay, I feel better now. Rant over. @hmmm@

uh.. no.

It IS poor distribution when Mattel gives us two case ratios for a wave that only has 7 figures in it.. and you find a case of 10 figures, and it does not contain all 7 figures you need.

And then, instead of shipping both case ratios to stores, they keep sending the same ratio... so you can't get the rest of the figures.

Mattel has terrible distribution, both in their case ratios (the rate at which they distribute certain figures), and how they distribute those cases around the country.

they killed MOTU 200X, a wonderful toyline, just by being idiots

Mattel explained that they are breaking up the waves due to retailers wanting refreshed assortments more frequently. If they want the retailers to support the line, they have to cooperate with stuff like that.

And it looks to be about a month between releases, not 5 years. Buy half now, save your money, and buy the rest about a month after you found the first half. Or, those who want to buy them all together can always buy online, even if they have to wait for both halves to arrive at the online store. A little patience goes a long way.

Also, in some ways this makes it easier to find everything. All of the new figures come 2 to a case, making it twice as likely to find each figure as it comes out (at least I know where I am they rarely seem to put out more than 1 case at a time).

All of the new figures come 2 to a case, making it twice as likely to find each figure as it comes out (at least I know where I am they rarely seem to put out more than 1 case at a time).

Let me fix that for you: they rarely seem to ORDER more than 1 case at a time. We're on wave 7 now and since wave 1, almost all of us had some kind of problem finding figures from each wave. We've had to buy from somewhere or someone online or trade with someone. Most of us have not been able to find every single figure from every single wave at just any random store we went into.

It's the distribution.

Sure, this problem doesn't happen often with most other series. Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers and whatever else you're into, all are easily found at nearly all stores that carry toys. In one day, with a trip to all stores in just two or maybe 3 towns, you can find every single figure from most previous waves and current waves from all 3 of the aformentioned toy series. During that same trip, you might come across a few Hal Jordans and Gold Capt. Atoms.

My brother told me to keep an eye out for the Wolverine Origins figures, especially Deadpool. Guess what? I saw several cases worth of WO figures today at Toys R Us. There must've been at least a dozen Deadpools. TRU was smart. They ordered several cases and put them all out. What do they do with DCUC? They order ONE case, put it out, it's gone by the end of the day and they don't reorder for a few weeks. Both the retailers and Mattel are to blame. It's not a matter of patience. It's a matter of being lucky enough to find them as soon as you can.

Hi! First of all I am new here my name is Jeffrey and I have been on this board for a wild reading all your topics. I just want to say that I have also been into the DCUC and they are hard to fine the only character that I have so far are.

Black Manta=series 2

Green Lantern=3

Wonder Woman=4

Riddler=5

Capt. Marvel=6

Capt. Cold=7

Flash=7

I do work at a Toys R Us store in Riverside CA and my store still only has series 1 which is The Demon but when I went to the store at Ontio [ms] they had a case of wave 7. This was on Thursday of last week. What I saw was 2 Flash's got one of them,1 Kid Flash,1 Big Bara,3 Capt. Cold's and 1 Green Lantern. I've been having a hard time fining the characters that I really want and I really don't want to go on E-Bay to get them the other characters I want to get are.

Batman

Reg. Aquaman

"Ronnie" Firestorm

Batman Beon

Hawkman

red/blue Superman

Blue Aquaman

Hawkgirl

Black Canary

Green Arrow

Mantis (like from the Super Powers figure back in the days.)

Joker

and Brainiac

So thx for inviting me to this board and can't weight to read more of what's happing.

Jeffrey

Found 7a at my local Walmart today!!!! First major haul EVER. happy about that. Only concern is that my flash has some of the skin colored paint splashed on parts of his mask, so I was wondering if there was any easy way to remove it?

Also my Walmart had 2 cases of Wave 7, the other Flash that I left had some paint splotches but the Barda, Cold and Kid Flash were good. If anyone wants me to pick them up one, lemme know (and I'll only charge cost + shipping and convenience), I'm gonna head over there in a couple days again.

I do not like the breaking up in the waves, It is a total mess and I think it only hurts online retailers who can't keep up with what Mattel is sending Walmart, trust me they aren't working this hard with Target or TRU. I have yet to find any of Wave 7 at local retailers, luckily some on ebay are going for good and very fair prices so I was able to secure all the new releases including the variants. Either way, this is a bad deal for online retailers and for collectors, don't know about you guys but my incomplete Atom Smasher is VERY annoying.

I agree powers i hate this break up bullshhhhhh. they should have just waited till the other figures booster and beetle were ready and just put out this month was the hall of heroes or what ever it is. i'm really pissed about this break up wave

Most of what ClarkKent said is true. It happened with Wave 6...Hong Kong got the stuff about a month before the U.S.. Here in my town, we didn't see Wave 6 'til MID January. And we're STILL waiting on Wave 7 (any shape/form of it).

I paid roughly $30.00 for a Comedian variant online, thinking "Oh, my stores didn't order it in time." A week later, my stores get them for $19.99-$24.99. I slapped myself...hard.

And how long have MarvelU figs been on eBay? And Wal-Mart is just barely getting them with a March 1st street date? :\

It's a waiting game, folks. Only a certain few get to have the goods first. And San Antonio will never be one of those lucky few. :(

Well today I when to my Wal-Mart and they had a new shipment of series 7 figures. They had 2 Kid Flash, 3 Capt. Cold, 1 Big Bara,1 Green Lantern and 1 Batman. I got Batman from the series. Over at Target they had some series 2 DCU figures they had. Blue Superman, Red Superman and the black Firestorm. I didn't get any of them cause I don't care for the black Firestorm I want Ronnie. so here is what my collection looks like right now.

2898169650099253773S425x425Q85.jpg

Well today I when to my Wal-Mart and they had a new shipment of series 7 figures. They had 2 Kid Flash, 3 Capt. Cold, 1 Big Bara,1 Green Lantern and 1 Batman. I got Batman from the series. Over at Target they had some series 2 DCU figures they had. Blue Superman, Red Superman and the black Firestorm. I didn't get any of them cause I don't care for the black Firestorm I want Ronnie. so here is what my collection looks like right now.

Do u work at the TRU off Tyler??? My local TRU just got in wave 7. I'm sure yours will soon. If you find an extra Booster , Beetle or Barda variant could you hold them for me?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF BLUE BEETLE, BOOSTER GOLD AND THE NW AQUAMAN HAVE BEEN RELEASED ?

Blue Beetle, Booster gold classic, Booser gold modern and Ocean Warrior Aquaman have shown up in the US in the last week but I've only heard that local comic book shops have gotten the second wave series 7. It doesn't look like any retailers like Wal Mart have gotten them just the first wave with Flash, Kid Flash, Big Barda w/ helmet, chase Big Barda w/o helmet and Capt Cold. These have been seen at TRU and Walmarts.

Do u work at the TRU off Tyler??? My local TRU just got in wave 7. I'm sure yours will soon. If you find an extra Booster , Beetle or Barda variant could you hold them for me?

Yes I do work at the Toys R Us at TyLER and for some reason we are not getting any of these we only have 1 from series 1 which is the Demon. I had to go to the Toys R Us at Ont. to get my Flash. From what I hear from one of my friends at work the reason why we don't get them is because the Toys R Us comp. is only shipping us the leave overs toys. I've been getting most of my DCU at Wal-Mart at Van Burnan.