DCUC Wave 7

Joker08

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing the matter with the MOTU line

I wish they would of put out the new figures in stores instead of online

Im the opposite, i hope they keep it as an online exclusive. The quality of the paint, plastic, and the figure as a whole is far above and beyond anything you find on store shelves these days. Well worth the $20 price tag too.

Dont get me wrong I love marvel as well but it just seems like with most of the legends lately are just guys we have seen a million times over already. I do like the punisher in the new line but its just no grabbing me like DCUC has.

ever since wave 2 of DCUC, my attention has shifted. this line totally got me excited. sculpts are way superior than Hasbro's ML. but, ML is what started it all for my collection. so at least now my ML figures have a DC counterpart that is perfectly in scale.

I still am getting both...when I can find them...

yeah me too ! I love both DCUC and marvel legends and now IM in love with MOTU figures ... @smilepunch@

Yea but damn 30 bucks a figure. no thanks.. the MOTU figures should be at retail if only at toys r us. I want that he man soooooooooo bad i really want 2 one to open and one to keep moc but that would be like55 to 60 bucks for 2 figures. I just don't see it.

Dont get me wrong I love marvel as well but it just seems like with most of the legends lately are just guys we have seen a million times over already. I do like the punisher in the new line but its just no grabbing me like DCUC has.

ever since wave 2 of DCUC, my attention has shifted. this line totally got me excited. sculpts are way superior than Hasbro's ML. but, ML is what started it all for my collection. so at least now my ML figures have a DC counterpart that is perfectly in scale.

I still am getting both...when I can find them...

yeah me too ! I love both DCUC and marvel legends and now IM in love with MOTU figures ... @smilepunch@

Yea but damn 30 bucks a figure. no thanks.. the MOTU figures should be at retail if only at toys r us. I want that he man soooooooooo bad i really want 2 one to open and one to keep moc but that would be like55 to 60 bucks for 2 figures. I just don't see it.

tight ass.(lol) im not paying that much for them either.

Thats why you should wait every three months and order the 3 newest figures at the same time. The increase in shipping isn't much more than paying for 1 figure to be shipped. The new MOTU blow DCUC out of the water. And at twice the price they should.

what?

I think the new MOTUC kinda suck big time!

They look really, really, poorly sculpted. They have the same amount of detail as the 80's figures, and that's just sad. I just look at Stratos' face and I cry a little.

Thats why you should wait every three months and order the 3 newest figures at the same time. The increase in shipping isn't much more than paying for 1 figure to be shipped. The new MOTU blow DCUC out of the water. And at twice the price they should.

what?

They look really, really, poorly sculpted. They have the same amount of detail as the 80's figures, and that's just sad. I just look at Stratos' face and I cry a little.

i dont think that they look "pooply sculpted", but i dont think that they "blow dcuc out of the water" either.

That won't work. They're not meant to last 3 months. Matty has already said that He-Man and Beastman are nearly sold out. You might be able to combine 2 months, but that's probably it.

Honestly, I think it's great to have 2 waves out at the same time. It's so much better than having a wasteland of NOTHING out there. However, it's getting harder to find the figures NOT because they aren't out there, but because the stores are cutting back (it seems). January and February are not the best months for retail. I'm optimistic that I'll find them...some day lol.

what?

That why they call Master of the Universe classics !!icon3.gif

what?

so uh.. they take the 80's figures, give them some articulation.. and charge 20 bucks?? WTF?

I like a little more for my dollar.

The DC line is called "classics," but you don't see them sporting the same amount of detail as the Super Powers line or anything like that...

The MOTUC line should have been just like the DCUC line, except with MOTU characters.

MOTUC looks cool, but I would've preferred it to continue in the 200x style with more articulation. To me, that was much cooler looking and enough to get me to buy them even though I was not a huge He-Man fan.

I might still pick up a figure in this line. And I hope it stays online. The properties that would get me most excited are things that won't get much attention from big box retailers and I'd like to see this format work so possibly more properties could get into our hands.

what?

so uh.. they take the 80's figures, give them some articulation.. and charge 20 bucks?? WTF?

I like a little more for my dollar.

The DC line is called "classics," but you don't see them sporting the same amount of detail as the Super Powers line or anything like that...

The MOTUC line should have been just like the DCUC line, except with MOTU characters.

you need to stop it.

Not that I have wave 6 yet, but I'm ready for Wave 7 too. I'm jonesin' for that Atom Smasher C&C.

Oh, and OT, Pooda, I love that Batman armor. Is that from a DCD line? I need 1. The helmet looks like it would work for a Firefly custom, and the armor would be cool for a Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark crossover diorama.

Not that I have wave 6 yet, but I'm ready for Wave 7 too. I'm jonesin' for that Atom Smasher C&C.

Oh, and OT, Pooda, I love that Batman armor. Is that from a DCD line? I need 1. The helmet looks like it would work for a Firefly custom, and the armor would be cool for a Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark crossover diorama.

yeah...thats the dc armory batman(DCD)

I love that we're getting waves 6 and 7 at around the same time. It's better than weeks of nothing and nothing.

And a note about MOTUC.....if you don't have one you can't complain about the figure. Complain about the price and that it's not your taste. That isn't something I can argue about because it's personal. But don't tell me the figures look bad or are sculpted poorly because that's not the case. You need to own one to appreciate that they are better sculpted, have better plastic and are painted better than most of what's out there. Okay I'm off my soapbox now.

DCUC rocks and bring on wave 8!

I love that we're getting waves 6 and 7 at around the same time. It's better than weeks of nothing and nothing.

And a note about MOTUC.....if you don't have one you can't complain about the figure. Complain about the price and that it's not your taste. That isn't something I can argue about because it's personal. But don't tell me the figures look bad or are sculpted poorly because that's not the case. You need to own one to appreciate that they are better sculpted, have better plastic and are painted better than most of what's out there. Okay I'm off my soapbox now.

DCUC rocks and bring on wave 8!

actually, you CAN complain. See, that's the great thing about being a consumer, and an American. You can #$#@# and moan about anything you want.

that's like saying "If you don't vote, you're part of the problem!" NO, if you DO vote, you're part of the problem, because YOU elected him!

or like saying "How can you know you don't like it if you don't try it?", Because, I don't need to taste poop to know I don't wanna.

You don't need to be an artist to recognize a good (or bad) one, and you don't need to be a chef to recognize a good (or bad) one.

either it appeals to you or it doesn't. if it does, praise it, if it doesn't then you've got a right to complain.

Sorry: Off topic, but I gotta say it:

I hope that new MOTU line fails big time.

I got nothing against He-Man. The reason I say this is because somewhere along the line, ONE of these 80's revival toy lines is going to try to gouge the fans for just a little too much money. Then, hopefully, people will wake up and realize the rediculous, unjustified price points, and say "Are you kidding?" and flat out not buy.

It just needs to happen with ONE line. Then the other toy manufacturers will look at this as an example and say, "Hey, maybe the fans WON'T blindly pay any amout for new sculpts of 20 year old toys."

If I get an itch for He-Man in the near future I'll go to ebay and find a complete, good condition vintage figure and pay as much or less. $20 for one figure is rediculous!

(OK.....I might, MIGHT pay $20 for a Dolph He-Man. Otherwise I stand by all I just said).

OK, that's where I'm at with MOTU.

I did like the 2k line but the classics look too much like their 80s counterparts.

That is the ENTIRE point of the line, I dont see how so many people don't get that. The new figures are made to look like the original figures, with updated articulation and sculpts.

He-man was a big part of my childhood, watching the original cartoons and having a bunch of the figures (Mossman & Scareglow were always my faves). I liked the 200X cartoon, the redesigns were cool, and some of the figures looked alright (only one I ever bought though was Orko). MOTUC is pure gold for me...I'm not a hardcore fan like many of the people out there, I just ordered he-man and beastman for nostalgia and because I'm a big fan of the 4HM's work on DCUC, but I love them and will now be buying everything they put out. Its definitely a quality collector line.

I'm not saying you have to like or dislike it, everything always comes down to personal preference, just wanted to give some perspective. And be way off topic, considering this is a DCUC thread. :D

I did like the 2k line but the classics look too much like their 80s counterparts.

That is the ENTIRE point of the line, I dont see how so many people don't get that. The new figures are made to look like the original figures, with updated articulation and sculpts.

He-man was a big part of my childhood, watching the original cartoons and having a bunch of the figures (Mossman & Scareglow were always my faves). I liked the 200X cartoon, the redesigns were cool, and some of the figures looked alright (only one I ever bought though was Orko). MOTUC is pure gold for me...I'm not a hardcore fan like many of the people out there, I just ordered he-man and beastman for nostalgia and because I'm a big fan of the 4HM's work on DCUC, but I love them and will now be buying everything they put out. Its definitely a quality collector line.

I'm not saying you have to like or dislike it, everything always comes down to personal preference, just wanted to give some perspective. And be way off topic, considering this is a DCUC thread. :D

I love MOTU! I was a big time collector when I was a kid, and I have every one of the 200X line, both MOC and loose.

However, the new line, just isn't enough of an "update" for me. Updated sculpts? Where?

Look at Stratos' face. daaaaaaaaaaaaaang. cheesy.

Look at Stratos' feet. daaaaaaaaaaaaaang. crappy.

You shouldn't be that faithful to the originals when it makes the figure suck.

amen bro !!!