should i open it?

ChopperMonsterPoint

I'd say don't open it but if you must what i would do is take a knife or an exacto knife and just cut along the side. just enought ot get it out and then keep the box for later. Thats what I did with some on my marvel legends.

Hope that helps or at least makes sence

Open it. You like it then open it. I don't buy toys as an investment. I buy them cause I like them, and I like to pose them. Why would you keep it in the package? It's not meant for that.

Do you want to pose it or forever invision it as someone at Toy Biz thought it should be posed? I, personally, insure that everyone else who has a MOC collection has more value to their collection. Because not only do I open them, I rip into them like I am 6, just like my son. Sometimes we rip into them together for giggles. There are benifits to both ways, leave it be and you will have a pristine representation of Wolverine in his package, otherwise you could have Woverine take the sword from Ogun and do some really cool poses. Whichever you decide, let the world know, since you opened this can of worms.

If I were you I'd only buy one (which you already have) and open it. Collecting to retain value is ridiciulous IMO. Some people collect MIB/MOC because they like they way it looks in the package and in that case more power to them. I like my shelf to look like a collection, not a store personally....

i would open it, i open everything, as my time permits me to, i still have to get to a few new things, i just don't have the time, and if i do end up getting more then one, i trade it, hopefully to a person that will open it!!

it is meant to be open, no mater what a MISB collector says!! i can see why they keep it in the box still but money or value is not what i'm after, it is worth more to me open then closed!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always of the opinion that if I like the way it looks in the package, I'll leave it MOC. If the packaging looks bad, which the Marvel Legends packaging always did to me, I'll open it. All I do is display figures, so I go for what's more aesthetically pleasing.

McFarlane Sportspicks were the best example of figures that sometimes look better in package than open. They displayed well open or MOC, so I'd have both.

Leaving something MOC because you expect or hope it to be worth something probably isn't wise. Things have to be rare to have value, and almost no toys are hard enough to find MOC to make that possible. Even '90s X-Men figures aren't worth much MOC, and some came out 15 years ago.

Well Chopper I guess I'm a lil late to the party. I see that you desided to open your fig. I'm not going to tell you that you made the wrong choice because I am of the belief that toys should make you happy. wheather its MOC or loose, as long as the toy make you happy then all is good.

But I will ask you this seeing as how its been several days sence you've givin in to temptation & opened it. Once you opened it & played with it, & posed it & maby had a few play fights with other figs. Does the fig still hold the same level of fasination & "glamor"? Is the fig starting to collect a thin layer of dust from a sudden lack of play? Have you totaly forgotten about even have the fig until reading these sudden last min post to this thread?

Or worst yet, has it joined a bunch of other loose toys in a toy box, that sits & will only see the light of day the next time you give in to temptation, open a fig, & lift the toy box lid to chuck in another fig in that will rarely ever be played with again??? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you might want to give MOC a 2nd thought.

I definately hate toyboxes, but I also hate keeping figs in their package. You get them in a dumb pose behind a layer of plastic. Posing and displaying figures is what makes them fun to me. They're not really action figures if you don't give them life. Letting them sit in a plastic case may take value, but it adds loads of creativity to the product. I want to get my moneysworth for a figure, and letting it die in a box is just not my way of expressing that. I never given MOC a chance, and I don't intend to. Marvel Legends among other figures are not statues! They are poseable for a reason.

I'm pondering popping a claw off of mine and using it for my dark avengers display ... I can use the normal hawkeye & the target black spiderman as well for this ... I'm kind of hoping hasbro will put out some of these figures with the proper changes done to them though :) They can pretty well use the ml8 ironman for this as well

I'm pondering popping a claw off of mine and using it for my dark avengers display ... I can use the normal hawkeye & the target black spiderman as well for this ... I'm kind of hoping hasbro will put out some of these figures with the proper changes done to them though :) They can pretty well use the ml8 ironman for this as well

Why not the Captain America Iron Man from the movie line? The colors are already to go.

The only open MLegends i have loose are the BAF ones and i still have doubles of those MOC. Its (of course) a personal choice but i remember a lot of awesome toys from my childhood that are lost forever or broken.MOC keeps them pristine. My preference !!

that is why if you have the financial freedom to buy 2 at a time then go for it. If not then do as what makes you happy. Personally, Action figures are for playing and posing but the collector in me wants it to be forever sealed and in Mint condition. so if you can go both ways then go for it. :)