Justice League Of America series 3

SUPREMEQUEEN

Any one care to guess what I bought today....................YUP!!! You guessed it! Justice League of America series 3. I can't realy remember if I've mentioned this line before or not. I know with all the b*tching we all do about crappy toys, I thought i'd be nice to give DCD the high praise it has more than well deserve for this out standing line of figs.

Of all my near 500 DCD figs it is this line that has captivated me to no end! The detail, the scale, the sculpt......ALL FLAWLESS! & what I think is the most important part, this is the only dcd line that looks 99.999999% prototype accurate. Series 3 features Wonder Woman, Geo Force, Flash, & Green Lantern. 1st i'll start with my favorite, WW. For all you boys & girls out there looking for a WW that FINALY doesn't look like a bad K/O of classic molds (i.e. Reactivated series 1&4), or the dreaded Trasvestite WW (no offence to my trans bros & sis out there I just like my WW to look like.....WW).

WW's body is by far the best WW sculpt to date. she's bouxium, tall, strong, & very beautiful. Her arms & legs have excellant form, not to mussel bound & not to weak. She looks incrediably sexy with out coming off as trashy like thoes animé sex fetish dcd figs that came out not too long ago (i hate thoes things).

Next up is Geo Force! For all you fan boys out there who's been b*tchen about too much Bats, Sups, & WW, here's your chance to nail a rare fig of the JLA universe. What I love about him is the way his body looks in his costume........no serious! no joke. his sculpt makes him look like you could feel him through his costume or like you could undress him. all the face sculpts in this line has been above & beyond & Geo Force is no exception. You can see & feel his kindness through his mask as he looks at you with his boyish smile.

Next is GL. Now I've seen my fair share of GLs & there are a few out already that have incrediable sculpts & this one can stand w/the best of them also. BRB on PDA

Sorry about that loves, my roommate still has'nt got the inter net up & running yet. I think he keeps it down on purpose in an attempt to bore me out of my room & come & spent time with him in the liveing room watching sh*t on tv like dance contest or singing contest. Tell me that's not the gayest thing you ever heard! (& he's the straight one).

Any who, where was I. Oh right, GL. So the thing that catches my eye about this GL is the 2nd most famous "S" hair curl in DC history. Hal curl looks VERY good! it complements his face mask extreamly well.

& last but not least, Flash! Again I must point out how detailed the body sculpting is in this line. His legs don't just look musscular, they look like legs that were developed in a gym over a period of time. In other words they look very personalized. Not like general mold mussel legs that could have come off any dc fig. Also what I love about this line are the long leg & tapered torso sculpts. IMO it tends to realy give the figs personalty & life of there own. Flash looks like not only like he could out run a bullet but also walk at a normal pace like any regular person & you could see the movement of his body in detail like any Olympic athleate who's about to do his thing.

Well there you have it. my lil take on my fav DCD line. hope you dig them as much as I do.

Yea me too glad you like them queen my friend but for me DCUC is just still kickin major azz. The wonder woman in that line is the best one i'v ever seen

what can I say, I'm just one big sculpt junkie LOL. POA means little to nothing to me. As long as there are hinge joints at knee, hip, sholder & elbow, I'm happy!

The series 3 WW is ok, but it pales in comparison to the Dobson WW, the sculpt is waaaay superior.

100_0827.jpg

Pic credit to Maxjla over at Sector3601.com

That's strange. 1st, thoes figs are standing on the wrong stands, 2nd it says clearly on the back of the packageing (let hear it for MOC), that WW & Agent Diana Prince are sculpted by Jack Mathews.

& 3rd & final (mind you this is just my opinion here), the whole "hip cock to one side" thing has never realy gone over well with WW IMO. & in this perticular WW line it came off extra wired. She looks like a polio victom who learning to walk again with out the leg braces.

Don't get me wrong I have both I just think JLA 3 realy nailed their figs.

100_0827.jpg

Those are both good WW figures but my DCD is gonna stay the JLA series 1 WW. That figure has all the features you want from a good WW fig, PLUS it's got a little bit of Linda Carter in the face. That's a keeper!

As for the series three line, I agree...every figure is completely awesome. At the same time, I'm probably not going to get any of them.

At this point, I'm all about getting ONE great version of each hero and leaving it at that. For WW I got the one from the JLA line. Dito for Wally West, the one form the JLA line is flawless. And for Hal Jordan I've got his Green Lantern line figure. Now if I didn't have these already, I'd have all the figs in this wave right now. (Actually, still up in the air on Geo Force. But at the sme time....it's Geo Force).

I agree with YJB. Ideally, I only want one figure for each character, the exception being costume changes and identity changes. I also consider the JL series 1 WW to be perfectly adequate, as well as the rest of the figs from that line. Now, I also like the looks of this wave, and I will be picking up Geo-Force, but I already have good versions of the others. This is where I value DCD over DCUC, too - you don't have to get every character in a wave in order to build something. You can pick and choose, whereas with DCUC, if I like the BAF, I have to get all the characters, regardless of wether I like them or not (like Killer Moth). But to each, their own...

Alast yours truly is a TOTAL compleatist! & I'm afaraid I have no choice but to buy them all. & yes I have all the WW you guys mentioned from JLA 1, JLA Classified 1 (side note dcd is coming out w/a JLA Classified & for some reason there calling it series1). It features WW Flash, Aquaman, but instead of Martian Man Hunter there giveing us Superman, & instead of John Steward GL there giving us Hal. Yes i'll buy the compleat wave again (im such a tool) I just don't know why there calling it series 1.

I also have series 1&2 of New Fontier, Trinity, JSA, 52, all of Infinite Crisis including the box set, all of GL Corps & boxset, ect ect ect...........the list just goes on & on & on. But next to Justice League of America my next favorite dcd line is the Alex Ross Justice League. I have all except a Bizzaro, Joker & Flash.

Sorry but that WW is ugly. The DCUC WW has the best face sculpt IMO. I used to love DCD. I just can't do it any more. Evey thing is WAY out of scale. Crisis Batman and Batman/Superman Hawkman was gigantic. There early stuff was pretty good. Still not as good as DCUC but at the time it was great, it was all we had DC wise. Their later stuff could be improved,I did love the JUSTICE line though. Now tey try and copy Mattel with thier new HDCU line and for me it's a little too late.It took some some competition for brewer to see that what the fans were asking for was what would work. None of the HDCU figure are as good as the DCUC line but it is a step in the right direction. This is all just my opinion(even though it's shared by alot of DC fans) and I'm a Mattel whore. Hey Supreme Queen can we get shots of the whole wave?

THUMP!!! & that would be the sound of the "other shoe falling". Thank you Kryptonkid, I knew before I even started this thread that persons with DCD issues would voice their conserns. & that cool don't get me wrong! what's the point of starting a convo if your gonna get all salty when some one disagrees w/your point of view. But in responce to your scale issues...........this is a complaint I've heard ever sence I started collecting DCD. WHAT SCALE ISSUES???? I mean realy! what scale issues are there? Or to be more exact what portion of dcd is that poorly made that it justifies all this back lash? Like the only real scale issue I've seen was the JSA golden age atom. why the hell they made the figs dwarfs i'll never now.

Now its true that DCD tends to go heavy on the artistic interpitation a lot. example the joker from the long holloween vs the joker from Batman & son ect ect. But drastic scale issues?? I have yet to see such a thing. Ok Ok, well maby there are a few more discrepancies when I think long & hard like the Mongul from Infinite crisis. but still I have'nt see a huge amount of way out of scale figs.

Now let's talk about this DCUC love of your Kryptonkid. Now I'm not picking on you just stating facts. but have you check out any of the QC compaint boards that all serve as a never ending stream of non stop b*tching. I like DCUC as much as the next guy & yes DCD has had their fair share of QC issues too. But DCD Never ever was as bad as DCUC! I shudder to think of how many of my MOC DCUC figs are just waiting to fall to pices the moment I choose to open one of them. The horror stories are enough to drive the long time loose collector well in to the arms of MOC collecting.

So yeah, I'm more than willing to cope with the once in a blue moon out of scale dcd fig. its a lot better that being held hostage by your own toy collection which threatens to fall to pices, any day

I already named a couple examples ,and yes I have seen the QC threads. I have only had an issue with one figure out of almost 60 that mattel released in a year. Batman beyond gave me problems. It's first year and they are trying to work out the kinks with this new factory and I think,seeing wave 6 and having them in hand tells me they are not there yet but the are increasing quality. I think wave 7 is going to be even better. No toy line is without it's problems. I have seen horrible paint on DCD as well as well as a lotof breakage out of the package. The difference is DCD costs more and it's a specialty market line,QC should be way better,they prduce alot less units than mattel does. Mattel makes hundreds of thousands of each character as to where DCD makes what 10-50,000 of a character. That is a lot less ,and thus should produce better QC IMO. DCD has had some good figures ,but there isn't one DCD figure that I would prefer over a DCU figure. If you like them then awesome man atleast you can easily find DCD.

well that's kinda my point. dcd does make less & to me ay way their QC is way better than Mattel . Just look at the JLA line, Red Arrow, Vixen, Black Lighting, Hawkgirl & on & on. these figs have the detail, sculpt & paint apps that Mattel can only dream about giving their customers.

The series 3 WW is ok, but it pales in comparison to the Dobson WW, the sculpt is waaaay superior.

100_0827.jpg

Pic credit to Maxjla over at Sector3601.com

I agree. The Justice WW is Far inferior to the Dobson WW. That's the best WW DCD has made!

100_0827.jpg

Those are both good WW figures but my DCD is gonna stay the JLA series 1 WW. That figure has all the features you want from a good WW fig, PLUS it's got a little bit of Linda Carter in the face. That's a keeper!

As for the series three line, I agree...every figure is completely awesome. At the same time, I'm probably not going to get any of them.

At this point, I'm all about getting ONE great version of each hero and leaving it at that. For WW I got the one from the JLA line. Dito for Wally West, the one form the JLA line is flawless. And for Hal Jordan I've got his Green Lantern line figure. Now if I didn't have these already, I'd have all the figs in this wave right now. (Actually, still up in the air on Geo Force. But at the sme time....it's Geo Force).

I'm the opposite as I'm all about collecting all of a few specific characters (Primarily The Flash) and I have to say that while that Flash from the JLA line is my favorite, it was hardly flawless. It's eyes were blue and everyone knows Wally's eyes are green. :D

Well I will say this about the dcd JLAWW in comparison to the Dobson, the JLA is less posed which should give it greater POA value, at least one would think. Now i will agree that the JLA WW's belt and crown are a bit more on the yellow side when they should be more of a gold color. but here legs and arm sculpting is IMO far better than Dobson.

& last but not least, Flash! Again I must point out how detailed the body sculpting is in this line. His legs don't just look musscular, they look like legs that were developed in a gym over a period of time. In other words they look very personalized. Not like general mold mussel legs that could have come off any dc fig. Also what I love about this line are the long leg & tapered torso sculpts. IMO it tends to realy give the figs personalty & life of there own. Flash looks like not only like he could out run a bullet but also walk at a normal pace like any regular person & you could see the movement of his body in detail like any Olympic athleate who's about to do his thing.

Well there you have it. my lil take on my fav DCD line. hope you dig them as much as I do.

Just got a chance to get to the post office and pick my Flash up and well, it isn't the worst but it definitely isn't the best. Still annoys me a lot that some of the time they manage to get Wally's eye color correct (It's GREEN FOOS, GREEN!) but most of the time they have it as blue. But that's a very minor nit pick. On to the real details on the figure. As far as the paint apps the figure is smooth. Paint is very clean and the lightning around his waist and forearms both look great. Now if only they had etched them in like they did with the JLA Series 1 Wally. This Wally however does beat the other one with a far superior choice of color and wash. The glossy look is something that I always thought a Flash figure should have and this one looks beautiful.

Moving on to the face sculpt. I mean is this really all they could think of for The Scarlet Speedster? This pathetic half grimace, half constipated look? I know they were trying to capture the look of Ed Benes' art in the comic but I'm not at all impressed with the face and this is actually the first thing that stood out to me in the proto pics. I was hoping they would make some adjustments and maybe add a cocky smile or maybe something that meant business more, Not to mention that the shape of the head feels all off. Maybe I'm just still in love with the aforementioned JLA series 1 Wally West, but the head on that one, the swivel and the fact that it was able to be adjusted to be posed looking straight ahead as if he were running were awesome selling points for me. It was my very first figure and still one of the best in my eyes.

As for the torso. I don't know why artist always insist on giving speedsters these ridiculously muscular bodies. Yes they are superheroes and I get that but I always like when people take little things like the characters powers and such into consideration when they are drawing and designing them. The Flash was always meant to be a streamlined character, sleek and slim. This guy looks like he's ready to karate chop Mongul's head off. I will say that I do dig the slight muscular tone when it comes to the arms. It really looks like he pumps those arms and throws volleys of punches numbering in the thousands every day.

As for the legs. Supremequeen you were correct when you said that these legs have to be some of the most perfectly designed legs that have been seen on an action figure yet. They really do look like he runs thousands of miles every day and every sinew and muscle is juiced for more action. Looking at the entire figure closer now I also notice another cool little touch that may or may not have been intentional. There are little lines that kind of say that this costume isn't spray painted on and is actually a form of cloth. I don't know if it's from the way the figure was put together or what but it adds a little something extra. Although it loses a few points in an area that the Alex Ross Flash figure suffered from (though it's not nearly as bad here). The right knee only appears to bend back slightly. It doesn't hinder this figure as much as the preposing on the Alex Ross Flash but it still bothers me a bit.

Down to the boots. Very pleased that they decided to add the wing tips that DC inexplicably added back to Wally's costume a year or so ago. I love attention to detail like that. The calf muscles look well proportioned, the wing tips aren't flimsy and they have The Flash's trademark tread on the bottom of his boots. Something that I've never seen anyone miss so far which is interesting to note. I don't really get why the feet swivel but whatever, I guess it's one more POA (albeit pointless).

All in all I give the figure a 7.8. Looking more and more closer at the figure as I was writing the review I started liking it more and more and started noticing the little details about it. Give me another day to mess around with it and this score could easily jump to an 8. I just wish they could take all the good things from past Wally figs and put them together. And since this might be one of the last Wally action figures in this uniform I was hoping to see something a little more...breathtaking. But then again it's a collectible action figure made by DC Direct. I have every right to expect perfection but really can't be that disappointed when the effort is still solid. JLA Series 1 Wally still beats this guy by a mile though.

I took a few comparison pics for anyone wondering. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

flashreview1.jpg

flashreview2.jpg

flashreview3.jpg

Just got a chance to get to the post office and pick my Flash up and well, it isn't the worst but it definitely isn't the best. Still annoys me a lot that some of the time they manage to get Wally's eye color correct (It's GREEN FOOS, GREEN!) but most of the time they have it as blue. But that's a very minor nit pick. On to the real details on the figure. As far as the paint apps the figure is smooth. Paint is very clean and the lightning around his waist and forearms both look great. Now if only they had etched them in like they did with the JLA Series 1 Wally. This Wally however does beat the other one with a far superior choice of color and wash. The glossy look is something that I always thought a Flash figure should have and this one looks beautiful.

Moving on to the face sculpt. I mean is this really all they could think of for The Scarlet Speedster? This pathetic half grimace, half constipated look? I know they were trying to capture the look of Ed Benes' art in the comic but I'm not at all impressed with the face and this is actually the first thing that stood out to me in the proto pics. I was hoping they would make some adjustments and maybe add a cocky smile or maybe something that meant business more, Not to mention that the shape of the head feels all off. Maybe I'm just still in love with the aforementioned JLA series 1 Wally West, but the head on that one, the swivel and the fact that it was able to be adjusted to be posed looking straight ahead as if he were running were awesome selling points for me. It was my very first figure and still one of the best in my eyes.

As for the torso. I don't know why artist always insist on giving speedsters these ridiculously muscular bodies. Yes they are superheroes and I get that but I always like when people take little things like the characters powers and such into consideration when they are drawing and designing them. The Flash was always meant to be a streamlined character, sleek and slim. This guy looks like he's ready to karate chop Mongul's head off. I will say that I do dig the slight muscular tone when it comes to the arms. It really looks like he pumps those arms and throws volleys of punches numbering in the thousands every day.

As for the legs. Supremequeen you were correct when you said that these legs have to be some of the most perfectly designed legs that have been seen on an action figure yet. They really do look like he runs thousands of miles every day and every sinew and muscle is juiced for more action. Looking at the entire figure closer now I also notice another cool little touch that may or may not have been intentional. There are little lines that kind of say that this costume isn't spray painted on and is actually a form of cloth. I don't know if it's from the way the figure was put together or what but it adds a little something extra. Although it loses a few points in an area that the Alex Ross Flash figure suffered from (though it's not nearly as bad here). The right knee only appears to bend back slightly. It doesn't hinder this figure as much as the preposing on the Alex Ross Flash but it still bothers me a bit.

Down to the boots. Very pleased that they decided to add the wing tips that DC inexplicably added back to Wally's costume a year or so ago. I love attention to detail like that. The calf muscles look well proportioned, the wing tips aren't flimsy and they have The Flash's trademark tread on the bottom of his boots. Something that I've never seen anyone miss so far which is interesting to note. I don't really get why the feet swivel but whatever, I guess it's one more POA (albeit pointless).

All in all I give the figure a 7.8. Looking more and more closer at the figure as I was writing the review I started liking it more and more and started noticing the little details about it. Give me another day to mess around with it and this score could easily jump to an 8. I just wish they could take all the good things from past Wally figs and put them together. And since this might be one of the last Wally action figures in this uniform I was hoping to see something a little more...breathtaking. But then again it's a collectible action figure made by DC Direct. I have every right to expect perfection but really can't be that disappointed when the effort is still solid. JLA Series 1 Wally still beats this guy by a mile though.

I took a few comparison pics for anyone wondering. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

flashreview1.jpg

flashreview2.jpg

flashreview3.jpg

WOW, I must admit due to the wide leg stance sculpt on JLA 2 the JLA1 Flash does look better when he's posed for running. Great pics, thanks for posting your review, I found it very insightful.