Universe Legends Review

pesatyel

These are the first Legends figures I've ever picked up. The previous just didn't really appeal when I already had the "full size" ones. But these are new molds for classic characters that don't HAVE "full size" versions. But it would make since, IMO, if they eventually got them as it seems pretty dumb to get the names Beachcomber and Brawn just for these figures.

As for the inevitable repaints, Brawn would easily become Outback (which I see as possible, if the Joe of hte same name comes out). And Beachcomber....maybe Sandstorm.

Legends001.jpgLegends004.jpg

I did these guys together because they were small and simplistic. Brawn is also mistransformed in the package. His arms are in the wrong position for some reason.

Legends008.jpgLegends007.jpgLegends006.jpg

I'm thinking, maybe, I shoulda picked them up off HTS. HTS has them for $4 and Walmart, where I got them (the only place I've seen them) they were $4.88.

Vehicle mode: SUV (Brawn), Dune Buggy (Beachcomber), Street Race (Bumblebee)

Legends017.jpgLegends018.jpgLegends019.jpgLegends021.jpg

It makes me wonder why the backs of Brawn's legs werent green. They don't look bad in his vehicle mode, but still.

Beachcomber's arms don't quite line up, but maybe I'm being nitpicky lol.

Accessories: Beachcomber came with a gun attached to a spare tire (at least that is what it looks like to me).

Legends025.jpg

The biggest problem, in my opinioin Pacifist or not) is that the weapon is detachable but he cannot hold it in his hand. I tried putting it into a space on his left arm, but it just left a stress mark and popped out.

Transformation: Simplistic, as seen on the backs of the packages.

Action poses: By nature limited.

Legends014.jpgLegends016.jpg

What you see is all of it. Brawn's legs don't bend backward because it would interfer with the "look" of his alt mode, but I see no reason why it couldn't. MIne has loose hips however, so I could see that joint getting really lose if the knee could been 180 degrees.

Bumbleebee is about the same as Brawn, sliglthly better because of the feet but the pic he was close to falling on his ass.

Beachcomber has the best range due entirely to his transformation sequence. It doesn't show too well in the picture, but his gun is sitting in the "window" under his right arm.

I picked these up this weekend at a Wal-Mart in Meridian. I'm really liking these which is kinda odd because I'm usually not that big of a fan of the legends class. I think it's mostly due to the fact the these 3 were originally mini-bots so it's kinda like getting an upgraded version of the original G1 releases. I can't wait for Cosmos, Warpath, and dare I say it Wheelie. Maybe we'll eventually see Huffer, Gears, and Windcharger. I'd say Cliffjumper, but it's almost a given that they'll release him sooner or later.